follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #309
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,443 Times in 963 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Brzs only come in WRB. Every other one is just pretending.
BRZ's come in many colours but I think the tS model looks best in Wondrous Racing Black.
Attached Images

Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
Vic4uf (08-25-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #310
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
BRZ's come in many colours but I think the tS model looks best in Wondrous Racing Black.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #311
mrderp
ಠ_ಠ

Drives: 860 SansOverspray
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
If it had the PP, I'd trade in again. Oh well.
mrderp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrderp For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (08-06-2019), Vic4uf (08-07-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 03:18 PM   #312
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, if I would get that car in BRG, that would be my last sports car and complete the circle with my first sports car -

humfrz
Do it Tiger
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chaoskaze For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-07-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 10:24 AM   #313
AnalogMan

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited 6 speed Red
Thanked 1,012 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I've been going back and forth between buying a BRZ or a new Nissan 370Z (the discounts some dealers are offering mean it's possible to buy a 370Z for about the same price as a new BRZ). But the Hakone Edition might just seal it for me. I know it's only 'color', but being old-school and raised on BRG sports cars, the look of this car just speaks to me (and it's only about $3,000 in some light modifications away from having the power I'm looking for, header, intake, tune, exhaust).

I contacted 9 dealers around New England, and they all said the same thing. They don't know anything about timing of availability, or 'allocation'. I hate hearing the word 'allocation' from a dealer, because to me that's dealer-speak for 'we're going to try and soak you with ridiculous ADMs for as much as we can squeeze out of you'.

Has anyone heard anything more substantial about timing? Anyone have any thoughts on real-world pricing, 'allocations', and if they're going to play the ADM game?

Thanks!
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AnalogMan For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (08-13-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 10:32 AM   #314
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
I've been going back and forth between buying a BRZ or a new Nissan 370Z (the discounts some dealers are offering mean it's possible to buy a 370Z for about the same price as a new BRZ). But the Hakone Edition might just seal it for me. I know it's only 'color', but being old-school and raised on BRG sports cars, the look of this car just speaks to me (and it's only about $3,000 in some light modifications away from having the power I'm looking for, header, intake, tune, exhaust).

I contacted 9 dealers around New England, and they all said the same thing. They don't know anything about timing of availability, or 'allocation'. I hate hearing the word 'allocation' from a dealer, because to me that's dealer-speak for 'we're going to try and soak you with ridiculous ADMs for as much as we can squeeze out of you'.

Has anyone heard anything more substantial about timing? Anyone have any thoughts on real-world pricing, 'allocations', and if they're going to play the ADM game?

Thanks!
Don't know about the US but the Canadian delivery is expected to be mid September. Would expect the US to be about the same.
It is a limited edition so there are indeed allocations. Each dealer will be sent stock based upon their prior sales. This unfortunately means that getting one in some regions may be difficult. On the other side there may be regions that get to many and end up having to discount them to move them. Pricing is as always based on supply and demand and that can be very regionally impacted. Makes broadening your search area well worth it. I have spoke to 3 local dealers around me and all of them have waiting lists so I have fingers crossed that the allocations work in my favour.
why? (09-05-2019)
Old 09-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #315
detaild

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone spotted one of these in the wild yet?
detaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:26 AM   #316
jbsali

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ (Limited)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by detaild View Post
Anyone spotted one of these in the wild yet?
I was lucky enough to see one on the streets while I was vacationing in Osaka, Japan. TBH it looked "ok" in person.
jbsali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:27 PM   #317
AnalogMan

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited 6 speed Red
Thanked 1,012 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsali View Post
I was lucky enough to see one on the streets while I was vacationing in Osaka, Japan. TBH it looked "ok" in person.
jbsali, I'm curious why you thought it looked only "OK".
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:34 PM   #318
jbsali

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ (Limited)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
jbsali, I'm curious why you thought it looked only "OK".

IMO The colour looks a lot better on Euro vehicles. It also looked a bit darker/ deeper when compared to Actual BRG on say a Bentley, Mini, etc. Not a bad thing but if you're literally calling it BRG, I would hope it would look more like it.
jbsali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:48 AM   #319
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks!
In general you don't know until they are almost there. They are very last second with these. But honestly you don't have to worry too much, they do not sell out. If you are willing to use sites like cars.com and travel, you can probably even get a deal.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 08:14 AM   #320
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
In general you don't know until they are almost there. They are very last second with these. But honestly you don't have to worry too much, they do not sell out. If you are willing to use sites like cars.com and travel, you can probably even get a deal.
They don't even know until they are almost there (at least in Canada). I find it amazing in this age that the dealers get little to no warning of what and when cars will show up at their door step. I can track a $5 purchase all the way from China but the dealers often have no clue when a truck is going to show up with a load of cars.
Dadhawk (09-05-2019), Feistyfrog (09-05-2019), why? (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 10:05 AM   #321
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,443 Times in 963 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
They don't even know until they are almost there (at least in Canada). I find it amazing in this age that the dealers get little to no warning of what and when cars will show up at their door step. I can track a $5 purchase all the way from China but the dealers often have no clue when a truck is going to show up with a load of cars.
What I find unbelievable is that some dealers/sales people seem to be able to track a vehicle from the time it starts production right thru until it's in their lot. Yet, others are clueless, even when it's sitting in a line of newly delivered vehicles just outside their showroom windows.
(I'm looking at you C&C Motors in Whitby!)
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:29 PM   #322
Atmo

Drives: TBA
Thanked 1,123 Times in 586 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It isn't any better in the U.S.

The problem is the vehicle chain of custody. Toyota gives dealers visibility from the day the first stamping goes down the line in factories from North America, the UK, Europe, and Japan but once the vehicle leaves the port of North America entry on either truck or train, the third party transporter manages timing and reporting of delivery but doesn't give location updates while in transit.

The further the dealership is from the POE, the worse delivery estimates become since transporters wait for full truck loads before delivering any. That can mean waiting for vehicles from other manufacturers too. The rural dealers furthest from the port are affected most. Dealers in the same city as the port will get theirs usually within 3 days of ship arrival. The outliers can wait over 30 while their partial load is on the ground in intermediate storage yards.

The times when Toyota has tried to improve the process, the carriers organize slowdowns or threaten to strike.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote