follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #29
Clee

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Your argument is groundless. Just. Stop. You're not even touching the things like dual climate control and the unique exhaust etc.

On another view you could buy a genuine RS with a unique color and sell the bodykit parts for a decent chunk of change and then you're not out any money when you modify to "better looking" parts. Oh, and you STILL have the color and interior appointments. If you don't see the value in certain versions ok, but what you're saying has no grounding.

You say you bought a 2017 86, why didn't you just buy a 2013 and modify it better instead of spending the money on a new car? - Same argument....basically.

You need to rethink why I bought the 2017 86 BASE model and not the USD TRD model. (Since you seem slow, USD TRD comes with the TRD RIMS for extra $1k etc..) Which makes it an irrelevant argument.
You also basically made my point in where "why buy the RS AND sell its part for other aftermarket parts?" C'mon man.
And why are you guys so up beat on "push start, dual climate control, etc?" There's a key.. Put it in 😂
Clee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:00 PM   #30
Clee

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
You are not going to find a clean title FRS with low mileage for 13k, I promise.

Also, your math is way off.

Complete paint job - 6k minimum
OEM 86 headlights - 1k
OEM push-start/climate control - 1k
Seats - 800
TRD wheel - 200

Roughly 9k, and that's being conservative and not counting exhaust, or lip kits.

Why would you buy the "TRD" oem parts when you can make your own build???
Clee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #31
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clee View Post
Why would you buy the "TRD" oem parts when you can make your own build???
The only TRD specific part I listed was the steering wheel. Aftermarket steering wheels are probably just as expensive.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #32
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Isn't the RS 1.0 unique to the US market only? From memory even the TRD body kit is unique and different to the regular JDM one.

Assuming you love the color then (to me) the RS 1.0 is a no brainer considering the OP is not looking to modify in the short term, and if they decide to keep it clean and stock long term, then the car will likely hold its value exceedingly well over the years.

I'm almost willing to gamble that they would get most (if not all) their money back a few years down the line, if selling it to roll into a new car.
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #33
funwheeldrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Isn't the RS 1.0 unique to the US market only? From memory even the TRD body kit is unique and different to the regular JDM one.

Assuming you love the color then (to me) the RS 1.0 is a no brainer considering the OP is not looking to modify in the short term, and if they decide to keep it clean and stock long term, then the car will likely hold its value exceedingly well over the years.

I'm almost willing to gamble that they would get most (if not all) their money back a few years down the line, if selling it to roll into a new car.
I'm pretty sure the body kit is the same that's on the black line edition down there. I might be wrong though...
Old 02-17-2017, 06:10 PM   #34
mrderp
ಠ_ಠ

Drives: 860 SansOverspray
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
USDM RS1.0 TRD and the australian Blackline kits are the same down to the side vents.
They're different from the JDM TRD one.
mrderp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrderp For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #35
Saab2Frs

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ill be going there tomorrow afternoon to check it out and perform a pre-purchase inspection.
Saab2Frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #36
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clee View Post
You need to rethink why I bought the 2017 86 BASE model and not the USD TRD model. (Since you seem slow, USD TRD comes with the TRD RIMS for extra $1k etc..) Which makes it an irrelevant argument.
You also basically made my point in where "why buy the RS AND sell its part for other aftermarket parts?" C'mon man.
And why are you guys so up beat on "push start, dual climate control, etc?" There's a key.. Put it in 😂
I seem slow...... got it. You don't understand, its okay.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Summerwolf For This Useful Post:
Cole (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 09:18 PM   #37
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
I seem slow...... got it. You don't understand, its okay.
Some people usually the younger folks imo only care about how the car looks from the outside. Nothing wrong with that just different generation / culture.

I for one would never buy the base model as it is to me a decontent car deviating from the original intended design. For example to me the manual HVAC center console looks like an afterthought, as opposed to cars like old Hondas where controls are usually well integrated regardless of trim level.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
Summerwolf (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 10:29 PM   #38
funwheeldrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
Some people usually the younger folks imo only care about how the car looks from the outside. Nothing wrong with that just different generation / culture.
Yeah, but there is a difference between modifying your car with quality aftermarket parts and using cheap knock offs. A lot of younger people are quick to buy parts only to realize that they don't look good up close, or start falling apart after a couple months.

A lot of used 86s on the market will have replica wheels, tacky wings, and be covered in plastidip.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
krayzie (02-17-2017), Summerwolf (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 10:52 PM   #39
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
Yeah, but there is a difference between modifying your car with quality aftermarket parts and using cheap knock offs.
I'm a sucker for quality parts especially coming from the factory.

RS 1.0 is quite rice and I have no idea what sort of options we got here with the NC but something like this yellow one would be very nice.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua9Rsfivt2M"]MAZDA ROADSTER(NC)MX-5  2008å¹´ マツダ ãƒ*ードスター - YouTube[/ame]
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:59 PM   #40
andrewtgg

Drives: Release Series 1.0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab2Frs View Post
Ill be going there tomorrow afternoon to check it out and perform a pre-purchase inspection.
how'd it go?
andrewtgg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewtgg For This Useful Post:
KalbiCool88 (02-20-2017)