follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 12-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #15
TestaRossa

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@DSG View Post
Thanks bud I sincerely appreciate that, just so everyone knows your baller status, @TestaRossa is getting some incredible Advan GT's on his car. Stay tuned for pics!!
Haha thanks Jason! and yes the wheels are baller but now my wallet's flat

Saorri for mah bad English
TestaRossa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TestaRossa For This Useful Post:
Jason@DSG (12-09-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #16
Jason@DSG

Drives: 1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestaRossa View Post
Haha thanks Jason! and yes the wheels are baller but now my wallet's flat
Well at least you got in on the Volk/Advan deal Definitely helped out
Jason@DSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason@DSG For This Useful Post:
TestaRossa (12-09-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #17
Kuri

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Thumbs up

Thanks for letting me take advantage of the Volk/Advans sale at the last minute. Literally last minute.

They look great and had to take them to a friend to glass coat them

Untitled by DatChestnutKuri, on Flickr

by DatChestnutKuri, on Flickr

by DatChestnutKuri, on Flickr[/QUOTE]
Kuri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kuri For This Useful Post:
Jason@DSG (12-11-2014)
Old 12-11-2014, 01:36 PM   #18
Jason@DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuri View Post
Thanks for letting me take advantage of the Volk/Advans sale at the last minute. Literally last minute.

They look great and had to take them to a friend to glass coat them

Untitled by DatChestnutKuri, on Flickr

[/QUOTE]

Ya, I can't wait to see them on the car!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason@DSG For This Useful Post:
Kuri (12-12-2014)
Old 04-17-2015, 10:37 AM   #19
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Retracting my previous statement.

Shouldn't be posting reviews while frustrated. The guys at DSG (Sean specifically) have gone above and beyond to ensure I'm happy, even after being a complete jackass to them. Unfortunately I let impatience and frustration get the better of me and took it out on some guys who had nothing to do with the delays.

In the end, got my coils and I couldn't be happier. The spring rate is a bit stiff, but I'm sure I'll be getting used to it very soon. They're also extremely nice to look at. Too bad they can't be seen unless the wheels are off.

Last edited by Cole; 04-24-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Jason@DSG (07-20-2015)
Old 04-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #20
Jason@DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Unfortunately, my review of DSG so far isn't as positive. Ordered a set of the DSG Special Edition Fortune Auto 500's 5 weeks ago (38 calendar days now) and I've been seriously disappointed with the customer service. Last week I asked for an update on the status of my order and was told that the coils should be ready for shipping by this week. Nothing in my inbox by today, no word from them, no update on my order status on their website either. Not a bad way to spend close to $2500 and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

I realize that this may be outside what you guys normally do, but a weekly update would have gone a long way here. I've been eagerly awaiting an update since last week and have gotten nothing.

Due to this experience, I doubt I'll be giving DSG any more of my business.

Edit: a little update after today. I was told that i would have a tracking number today because the coils had finished being built yesterday. Don't have a tracking number. Done dealing with this bullshit, I will be getting my money back.
Hey bud,

I know you had been speaking with my manager Sean who had updated you on the order and the latest. I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with the service, we take things like this very seriously and are always striving to improve. That being said we looked into it and from what we can tell any inbound questions from you were answered the very same day, within a matter of 1-2 hours max. I understand from your last email to us you may want to get weekly updates, and this is something we can take into consideration when defining our service methods but unfortunately it is not always realistic. Fortune doesn't provide us weekly updates, and we aren't in the factory ourselves or we'd be snapping pics the whole way through for you :P. During the build process since we don't make them with our own hands, we are limited in the way of information to provide to you outside if they are finished or not. This is why we provide a 3-4 week estimated lead time, which may vary slightly depending on peak season/slow season and this is very standard.

You were told your order would ship within a week from your second to last update, which it did (Friday). When you last contacted us we had informed you tracking would be in before the day is out and tracking was sent to you Friday as it was promised, at 9:20PM (our daily tracking #'s go out every evening since we cater to US customers as well). Your coils are currently en route to you, and I am positive you are going to absolutely love them. From what I see, delivery is set for the 23rd so it will be before this week is out.

For future reference, besides our contact email and phone # I am also here on the forum to help you guys out in any way that I can. I didn't see any PM's from you, but in the future you could always feel free to reach out to me as well if you have a question or concern. We are very eager to help, which is why we have been given such great reviews.

Once again for the record, Fortune Auto are hand-built to order and take roughly 3-4 weeks depending on the season (race season can see slightly longer delays up to 5 weeks).

Cheers,
Jason
Old 07-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #21
Jason@DSG

Quote:
Retracting my previous statement.

Shouldn't be posting reviews while frustrated. The guys at DSG (Sean specifically) have gone above and beyond to ensure I'm happy, even after being a complete jackass to them. Unfortunately I let impatience and frustration get the better of me and took it out on some guys who had nothing to do with the delays.

In the end, got my coils and I couldn't be happier. The spring rate is a bit stiff, but I'm sure I'll be getting used to it very soon. They're also extremely nice to look at. Too bad they can't be seen unless the wheels are off.
Hey bud!

Just touching base, how are you liking them after having been on them for awhile?

Cheers,
Jason
Old 07-29-2015, 07:21 AM   #22
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
Hey bud!

Just touching base, how are you liking them after having been on them for awhile?

Cheers,
Jason
Can't say enough good about them. Sometimes wish I went with a less stiff spring rate than the standard that you guys offer. At the same time, I've played around with the dampening quite a bit, and it's really comfortable on a daily driver right in the middle between hard and soft. That'll get put to the test next weekend when I drive from KW-Cambridge area down to Niagara Falls on the US side.

One thing to note though, I still haven't received my "gift bag" haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Jason@DSG (07-29-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 03:21 PM   #23
Jason@DSG

Quote:
Can't say enough good about them. Sometimes wish I went with a less stiff spring rate than the standard that you guys offer. At the same time, I've played around with the dampening quite a bit, and it's really comfortable on a daily driver right in the middle between hard and soft. That'll get put to the test next weekend when I drive from KW-Cambridge area down to Niagara Falls on the US side.

One thing to note though, I still haven't received my "gift bag" haha.
Awesome, I'm really happy to hear that bud I'll work on the shirt and stickers to get sent out to you!

Cheers,
Jason
Old 09-04-2015, 09:01 AM   #24
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
Awesome, I'm really happy to hear that bud I'll work on the shirt and stickers to get sent out to you!

Cheers,
Jason
So, guess I won't be seeing the shirt and stickers that I should have gotten with my order, months ago?
Old 09-04-2015, 03:18 PM   #25
Jason@DSG

Quote:
So, guess I won't be seeing the shirt and stickers that I should have gotten with my order, months ago?
Hey bud,

We actually JUST released the new t-shirts. We had actually ran out (stickers as well) and just had everything done (we do it in really large batches). Part of the delay was the re-design of both the stickers and t-shirts, we wanted something new.

I already have your put aside, we'll shoot over the tracking once they leave.

Cheers,
Jason
Old 04-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #26
wojtek

Drives: 6MT Ultramarine FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wanted to thank Jason@DSG for assisting me on completed my car build. Without his guidance, I wouldn't know how to chose the right wheels and offset to create the perfect look.
wojtek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wojtek For This Useful Post:
Jason@DSG (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 01:31 PM   #27
Jason@DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtek View Post
Wanted to thank Jason@DSG for assisting me on completed my car build. Without his guidance, I wouldn't know how to chose the right wheels and offset to create the perfect look.
Thanks buddy The car turned out absolutely amazing.

For anyone that wants to see the full build on the car, check it out here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105047
Old 05-26-2016, 05:31 PM   #28
Brayden_23

Drives: Asphalt 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
My turn for a review!

I have my heart set on getting a set of 18x8.5 sunlight silver Gram Lights and you would not believe how difficult it is to find these! After calling and emailing multiple shops, I finally stumbled upon DSG. To make sure they were legit, I looked them up on the forums and saw all the lovely reviews above. I reached out to @Jason@DSG and he has been nothing but helpful!
I started off by just asking if he had a set of 4 in stock, and his reply went above and beyond what I was asking for, also providing pricing on hub rings, lugs, and center caps - knowing that these will all compliment the wheel purchase. At first I thought it was a lame attempt at an upsell, but I knew I wanted the caps anyway. Researched hub rings and realized it would be smart to get those as well. He also informed me that the stock lugs won't work with these wheels! I couldn't have asked for more help being this is my first experience buying wheels and modifying a car in general.

We have officially placed the order today, so I will be following up with this review once I receive my order to add on to how the experience is post-purchase (wheels have ~8 week lead time, special order).

Thanks again, Jason, for answering all of my questions and working with me to order exactly what I'm looking for!
Brayden_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brayden_23 For This Useful Post:
Jason@DSG (05-26-2016)