follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #99
C4RBON

Drives: '15 BRZ, '19 GTI
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh, and how the hell am I supposed to keep an eye on my water cup if its way back by my elbows? Come on, Toyota.
C4RBON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #100
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Oh that's beautiful. They did not let me down with that design. Ill take regular taillights though.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #101
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4RBON View Post
I really hope Modellista put a lot of stuff on that car, because it looks gaudy as hell. I don't like the entire body kit, any of the red interior items (except the stitching), the white tach, the black plastic thing on the dash (either side of the radio location), the (probably) fake carbon fiber trim around the radio, the crap on the doors, the altezza style tail lights, the wheels, or the logo behind the vent on the front quarter panel.

Overall I'm not getting a good vibe on the interior. It's not very classic looking imo. It may be minimalistic on features, but someone clearly tried to "style" it, and was only half way done when they stopped.

Based on looks, I don't think this is going too high on the cool wall.

Anyone think the same, or is it just me?
Hammond will probably buy one, so either way, it's not going to be on the cool section of the cool wall.
The 'FT' stands for 'forgot topic'.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #102
dominican
Lude Dude

Drives: 1998 Honda Prelude
This thing looks great! I spy a USB plug!! that'll be awesome if I can just plug in my MP3 player and listen to my music through the USB, this will be a huge check-mark FOR the car.

I do like the interior, though them making sure that you can only fit 2 in the back is kind of annoying, I don't really care. I do like the center console, and the way it goes all the way back ala NSX/Supra/RX-7. I like the interior design a lot, and the exterior doesn't look half bad either.
dominican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #103
mikemjohnson

Drives: 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea1monkey2 View Post
what he said. as long as it doesnt take another 4 years
mikemjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #104
Future

Drives: BRZ!
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy51 View Post
Hmm quote from Nasioc:

From boxerinside:
"The interior shot is not showing the side mirror and it also
shows a little window where the mirror would be seen whereas
the exterior shot shows a plastic piece instead of a window."

From SlickWRX:
"One thing I do think is odd is the lack of any branding on the steering wheel. I'm sure these are photos of some kind of work in progress, but I doubt they are from a leaked brochure."

Any ruminating thoughts?
Yes, responding to SlickWRX's "lack of any branding"... This is a promotional brochure, this same brochure may be distributed everywhere in the world. They cannot put the Toyota logo on it if it's going to be a Scion here...

And for the rest, "Is it going to come with those seats, that shiny door trim, etc..." Well 99% sure NOPE... They're all going to be options... Remember.. it's a Scion guys... Base trim first then you gotta pay to play.
Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #105
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Those are very comfortable looking seat, Im very happy with the way it looks. It's not to way over the top or too plain either. Now to see the Subaru and Scion's take on this, november can't come fast enough.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #106
dalli

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG i think iM Having a heart attack HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
dalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #107
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Take a look at the pics of the shifter in the race car, the ring is obvious there. Those brochure pics are too distorted when zoomed into get real detail to see it.
Ah! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Since it actually seems to be the Modellista/options/accessories brochure and not the Toyota production one we have to assume at least part of what is shown is NOT stock on the car, including that alcantara auto shifter and probably the alcantara on the manual cars too, I'm assuming that's what they are trying to show in those (red/black suede options through modellista). Hopefully at least those seats are stock in suede (and black centers)!! And hopefully the white tach they show off is not stock either, I greatly prefer the race cars all black gauges.

Also, as stated I'm sure we won't get all of those bits.. I really hope for the seats though :P
Haha, we can hope, though as enc0re has alluded to, I normally sit relatively straight when driving as well, so I'm hoping those headrests are adjustable lol.
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #108
Marrk

Drives: Honda Fit
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Looks good.

The front hood line seems kind of high, though. Might just be the pic.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #109
adprokid

Drives: ZN6 / GDB-G
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
In the Auto version when you shift to manual mode you will need to use the clutch just like any normal car, that is what i think
adprokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #110
no_name

Drives: 2005 Hyundai Accent
Quote:
Originally Posted by adprokid View Post
In the Auto version when you shift to manual mode you will need to use the clutch just like any normal car, that is what i think
I don't think that's ever happened before. It's more likely a photoshop job to show both setups at once.

Also, in regards to photos:
no_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #111
El_STiG
Lord Stig

Drives: Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Wow... I don't wanna dish out my genesis for this. Damn it looks good. Specs for the love of god!!!!
El_STiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #112
kuruma

Drives: golf
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_name View Post
I'm just hoping they don't widen the seats for the US market like the S2000 and WRX.
90% of americans are obese. The few of us that don't eat mcdonalds 3xs a day get screwed and slide around in the huge seats.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz forum, brz forums, brz sti forum, ft-86 frankfurt, ft-86 ii concept, ft-86 ii frankfurt, ft86 forum, ft86 forums, modellista fr-s, modellista ft-86, modellista scion fr-s, modellista toyota ft-86, production fr-s, production ft-86, production scion fr-s, production toyota ft-86, scion fr-s, scion fr-s forum, scion fr-s modellista, scion fr-s reveal, scion frs, scion frs forum, scion frs modellista, subaru brz, subaru brz forum, subaru brz forums, subaru brz sti, subaru brz sti forum, toyota ft-86, toyota ft-86 forum, toyota ft-86 ii, toyota ft-86 ii concept, toyota ft-86 modellista, toyota ft-86 reveal, toyota ft86, toyota ft86 ii, toyota ft86 modellista