follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-04-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
muz.mohammad

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S RS 1.0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2015 Scion FRS Unusual Window Issue

Hello guys.

I am having issue with my driver side window not automatically coming down and back up upon door open and close.

This is not typical winter freeze.
I don't have the lights flashing on window switches.

Here's what happened.
After washing the car, while wiping it down, I accidentally pressed the push button switch for the door light while the door was open. The car obviously thought that the door has been closed and automatically raised the window. But, since the door was open, the window did not have a stopping point, so it went up past its normal stopping point. After that it the automatic function stopped working.

I have tried resetting by holding the window switch for 10 seconds...didn't work.

I can actually not even hold the window up while door is closed, because as soon as the window hits the top, it comes back down like 6 inches.

Not sure how to fix it.
Dealership in my area are not fixing the issue even though the car is under bumper to bumper warranty.

Please help!
muz.mohammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:01 AM   #2
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muz.mohammad View Post
Hello guys.

I am having issue with my driver side window not automatically coming down and back up upon door open and close.

Here's what happened.
After washing the car, while wiping it down, I accidentally pressed the push button switch for the door light while the door was open. The car obviously thought that the door has been closed and automatically raised the window. But, since the door was open, the window did not have a stopping point, so it went up past its normal stopping point. After that it the automatic function stopped working.

I have tried resetting by holding the window switch for 10 seconds...didn't work.

I can actually not even hold the window up while door is closed, because as soon as the window hits the top, it comes back down like 6 inches.

Not sure how to fix it.
Dealership in my area are not fixing the issue even though the car is under bumper to bumper warranty.

Please help!
Put the window all the way down and disconnect the battery for a minute. Should reset everything.
BirdTRD (05-05-2018), funwheeldrive (08-17-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 09:24 AM   #3
muz.mohammad

Thank you. I’ll give that a try and get back to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to muz.mohammad For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #4
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
FYI the window switch reset is holding for 10 seconds down, and then holding for 10 seconds up. Not sure if you did both, but if you only held it for 10 seconds in one direction, the reset may not have happened properly.

Good luck.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:24 PM   #5
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muz.mohammad View Post
Hello guys.

Here's what happened.

Not sure how to fix it.

Please help!
Make sure you've done the window reset procedure properly, also you can always go to a different dealership
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:19 AM   #6
muz.mohammad

Window down, disconnecting battery did not work.

I feel like the motor timing is out or something.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #7
Brz_racer

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Did you try closing the door with the window all the way down, then rolling it up with the door closed? There is a stop at the full up and down positions to keep the window from going too high or low, although incant imagine you have a broken stop I suppose it is possible, the only way to tell would be to remove the door panel and get a good look in there.
Brz_racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz, frs, window