follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #3193
CSG Mike
 
CSG Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: S2000 CR
Location: Orange County
Posts: 12,759
Thanks: 7,912
Thanked 12,368 Times in 5,903 Posts
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrntd View Post
I installed mine two weeks ago and so far everything is great. I have one question for the group. I want to add the RaceRom extra features to the Edlebrock calibration. How can this be done?
You'd need a different tune.

I can get you set up with one.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:02 PM   #3194
Decep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Location: CA
Posts: 570
Thanks: 37
Thanked 217 Times in 151 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is Edelbrock "done" with their CA tune? How is stock tune driveability now versus when it first came out? Verdict on the kit's reliability seems good except for the bypass valve.
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:58 PM   #3195
CSG Mike
 
CSG Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: S2000 CR
Location: Orange County
Posts: 12,759
Thanks: 7,912
Thanked 12,368 Times in 5,903 Posts
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decep View Post
Is Edelbrock "done" with their CA tune? How is stock tune driveability now versus when it first came out? Verdict on the kit's reliability seems good except for the bypass valve.
CARB tunes are locked in, and do not change over time.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:08 AM   #3196
Decep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Location: CA
Posts: 570
Thanks: 37
Thanked 217 Times in 151 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ah. I thought they'd made revisions. Makes sense I guess
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:56 AM   #3197
colushi808
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi, had the supercharger installed since the beginning of the year with no issues. But today the check engine light came on. The code read P0171 system too lean bank 1. Idle dips. And when idling I can hear a grinding/scraping noise coming from the supercharger area. What could it be? Should I tow it to a shop or could I drive it? It seems pretty serious. Could it be just the bypass valve?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
colushi808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:01 AM   #3198
colushi808
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colushi808 View Post
Hi, had the supercharger installed since the beginning of the year with no issues. But today the check engine light came on. The code read P0171 system too lean bank 1. Idle dips. And when idling I can hear a grinding/scraping noise coming from the supercharger area. What could it be? Should I tow it to a shop or could I drive it? It seems pretty serious. Could it be just the bypass valve?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Never mind. Found the problem. Bypass leak. It is a weird, loud, lower than normal sounding vacuum leak coming from the bypass. I read previous posts about it being it, so tried taking off and plugging the back vacuum line and it went away. So now gotta contact edelbrock and get a new one.

BTW is it an easy fix? If its reachable it might be but on the other hand it might be a bitch and need to remove all kinds of stuff just to get to it. Is there a DIY manual?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
colushi808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #3199
BirdTRD
Simply Forgotus
 
BirdTRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: 2014 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 790
Thanks: 655
Thanked 789 Times in 390 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by colushi808 View Post
BTW is it an easy fix? If its reachable it might be but on the other hand it might be a bitch and need to remove all kinds of stuff just to get to it. Is there a DIY manual?
Easy enough. See http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...postcount=2368
BirdTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BirdTRD For This Useful Post:
colushi808 (08-26-2019), Mad1723 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 05:37 PM   #3200
humaN
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
just purchased a 13 R-S. I purchased this car through my dealership, so I do have 7 days to return it. I'm currently on day 6 and have a consern. Car was running great until these CEL codes came up, P0171 P117B P1170 P0507. I diagnosed the vehicle and replaced the bypass valve(tha ks @BirdTRD). Idle jumping is not as severe but still present( from peak 2.5k to 1.5k). Car also used to idle at 1.1k but now sits at 9k. Sometimes idle does move between 800-1.1k. Does anybody have any information as to what it may be, or heard of anything simmilar. Everything is stock on car except for edlebrock supercharger(with tune). Currently have codes flashed waiting to see if they come back.

Any help/insight would be much appreciated to help diag and determine if I keep the car or just get rid of it.
humaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:48 PM   #3201
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,000
Thanks: 73
Thanked 421 Times in 305 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaN View Post
just purchased a 13 R-S. I purchased this car through my dealership, so I do have 7 days to return it. I'm currently on day 6 and have a consern. Car was running great until these CEL codes came up, P0171 P117B P1170 P0507. I diagnosed the vehicle and replaced the bypass valve(tha ks @BirdTRD). Idle jumping is not as severe but still present( from peak 2.5k to 1.5k). Car also used to idle at 1.1k but now sits at 9k. Sometimes idle does move between 800-1.1k. Does anybody have any information as to what it may be, or heard of anything simmilar. Everything is stock on car except for edlebrock supercharger(with tune). Currently have codes flashed waiting to see if they come back.

Any help/insight would be much appreciated to help diag and determine if I keep the car or just get rid of it.
Throws 4 codes in 6 days of ownership... is this a question. Return it.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:55 PM   #3202
humaN
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@86TOYO2k17 only payed 10k for 13 10 series with 48k miles(and supercharger already being tuned professionaly in Austin), yes it's even a question.
humaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:08 PM   #3203
humaN
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Also I work at this dealership, so not an "untrusted" source
humaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:23 PM   #3204
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,000
Thanks: 73
Thanked 421 Times in 305 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaN View Post
@86TOYO2k17 only payed 10k for 13 10 series with 48k miles(and supercharger already being tuned professionaly in Austin), yes it's even a question.
Not terrible deal. Minus the 4 cels in 6 days. Although 13 frs 10 series 50k go for 12-14k depending. But id subtract 4k for aftermarket FI. So 8-10k, not saying you got ripped off. But not a steal of a deal worth holding onto with issues in under a week.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #3205
humaN
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@86TOYO2k17 definetly been getting that a lot. I genuinely enjoy the car and is exactly what I've been looking for. Exhausting every possible option to discover if it is a cheaper fix or more costly. I did want a project of some sort!
humaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:51 PM   #3206
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,000
Thanks: 73
Thanked 421 Times in 305 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaN View Post
@86TOYO2k17 definetly been getting that a lot. I genuinely enjoy the car and is exactly what I've been looking for. Exhausting every possible option to discover if it is a cheaper fix or more costly. I did want a project of some sort!
Maybe return it, and find a 70k mile stock 2016+ for around 12k, have a much better chance of a more reliable less headache car. And then slowly modify yourself to your liking once you know it doesn’t have issues.. You could maybe workout a deal with the dealer since you work there to take the supercharger and give them your manifold so they can return to stock and possibly either fix the cel issues and/or sell the car in stock form easier for more money. Could be a win win.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vortech Owner Thread & Setup Questions reyruiz191 Forced Induction 323 01-22-2020 10:10 PM
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger itsibarra Forced Induction 936 09-27-2016 03:51 PM
Most annoyingly over-asked questions on FT86 forums mit_peid Off-Topic Lounge 36 01-16-2014 03:48 PM
Brz Info/Specs (helpful info for questions asked often) Gaen Subaru BRZ General Forum 0 05-24-2012 10:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.