follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 02-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #29
shishand

Drives: Whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monogram View Post
I spent 21 years in a multi-line dealership as a warranty administrator, and I would not bother a factory rep with the question you posed. I would have explained in the nicest, most profession way that I could, that it is clearly damage, no different than an accident. Any factory rep looking at that damage, would give any service manager a very hard time for wasting his time.

I do not dispute your take on the entire scenario, but having been on the dealership end of these kinds of issues hundreds of times over 21 years, I know there are always two sides to every story.
Nice, and courteous manners was all i was expecting. I can definitely see how i could have been a pain in the ass i suppose, but if i simply disagreed and did not direct any rude manners toward you, i expect the same in return, if not more since i am a customer.

thank you for your input and interest.
shishand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #30
HeubergerMotors

Drives: 2006 WRX TR
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Yuck sorry to hear.
HeubergerMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #31
Shawnofthedead

Drives: Black on black with so much class
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishand View Post
I will try my best to make this post as unbiased as i can.

I just recently took my car to the Tustin Toyota dealership for a service and an inspection on a crack under my front bumper. As i go in, they do the usual, assign a guy to your car ect. I tell him that i am here for a service, and also for the crack on my front bumper. At first he was very pleasant, wonderful. As soon as i bring up the crack, things got a bit weird. I get out of my car to show him, and take a knee on the ground since the crack is not visible otherwise. I get down, and i point to where it is, and all the guy is doing is just standing, and im thinking ok why isnt he taking an interest to look? next thing he says "Well how did you even notice the crack" Without even seeing it first! i point out that just as i was walking to my car today, i spotted a bit of it sticking out, and told him to simply step back a few feet and you can clearly see something sticking out. But it was obvious from his tone that he was thinking I probably messed it up my self and trying to get it fixed for free. Rude and unneeded, but i didnt say anything. Anyways he tells me right away that its an impact and not an defect, and either way it has to be inspected by a Toyota Inspector. Apparently they come by once a month. I agreed, fair enough. We go inside to make the appointment, and as he is doing so, the shop manager, Roy Tunno, steps in and says he wants to see it first. I'm thinking great, he must be friendly and hopefully will not treat me with any prejudice beliefs as the previous guy did. Wrong. he steps out, looks at it for three seconds and says that it is an impact, simply not covered. He reasoned by saying that i must had went over an curb and as i backed out, the bumper was damaged. I argued that NEVER, have i ever done that in life, i would like an appointment anyways. He also points to some scratches (scraping i had done long ago) as justification that it is my fault. I simply replied those scratches are on the otherside of the bumper as well, and this side is missing a few screws. Basically we disagreed, and i simply asked for that appointment, which to my surprise, he replies "No, im not going to waste my time, if you want it, go to another dealership and do it". I was shocked at this point to be honest. That is extremely rude. I purchased my car at that dealer and paid a premium for it. sure enough, it escalates further more. I try to keep my cool, still puzzled that this guy is treating me this way, i asked him ok well can i still get my service done? he replies "are you going to keep talking like that to me?" keep in mind, i had not disrespected him in anyway, not cussed at him, i simply DISAGREED with him. Nothing more. and after he said that to me, we exchange a few more words, he said that that is his dealership or manages or something like that, and i simply turn back walk to my car and as i walk i say shut the fuck up. I couldn't hold it in anymore.. I consider my self an open minded and reasonable person. But the way this guy was treating me, i had enough of it.. Anyways as i walk back to my car, the rude manager follows me outside and tells me im banned from here and i should leave now, infront of 5-7 employees. I give him a idontgiveafuck look and smile, and say nothing more.

Long story short, in the nicest way possible, i simply requested an appointment with that inspector and was denied. I understand that it could have been rejected by the inspector as well, but asking for the chance is too much? I pay 350$ a month for my lease, i didnt think i was entitled to this type of treatment.

Sad thing is that I know nothing will happen to this idiot, and i cant do nothing about it either. I love my car and toyota, but the dealerships representing them need to be more regulated i guess. If anyone knows anything i can do, please let me know. I already talked to the customer service who forwarded my case to the customer relations at that dealership.
Lets all keep in mind that toyotas quality control has went out the window we should rat these fucking rug munchers to the head shoguns in Japan they'd have these dudes heads on a platter I have Japanese in laws they're all about taking pride in customer service and what the build and put out. These are douche bags boycott toyota dealerships haha
Shawnofthedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #32
MikesFRS

Drives: it like he stole it!!
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
MikesFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #33
cycleboy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S - Argento
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
To those suggesting the email survey, in my limited experience it is useless.

I had issues after my second free service from the dealer. I responded honestly and clearly to their "how'd we do" email, which went to their Svc Mgr. I responded honestly and clearly to the survey. I said at the end of both that I was disappointed with the shoddy service, lack of communication, and having to wait many hours longer than quoted. I also said I would recommend to family and friends to not use this dealership for service.

Neither one generated any sort of response from Toyota or the dealer.

So f them.
cycleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:24 AM   #34
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker741 View Post
Yeah, post a pic of Jennifer and we'll give you our opinion.
Here is said picture

N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:27 AM   #35
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Here is said picture

husker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to husker741 For This Useful Post:
8R6 (02-19-2014), hanabie (02-20-2014), JB86'd (02-08-2014), qijian (02-08-2014), shishand (02-09-2014)
Old 02-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #36
Sergdog

Drives: Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
YELP THE DEALER

YELP THE DEALER
Sergdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #37
jkonquer

Drives: 2005 Subaru STI
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Write a nasty customer service survey. I had similar experience when i was younger, I was respectful and older service advisor pretty much ignore my request and gave me attitude. So I wrote of nasty letter to the cusomter service department. Weeks later, I heard from a friend that worked at the toyota dealership that the older service advsior lost his pay raise and received a write up. Take it up to someone higher.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #38
1slowfrs

Drives: SEX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
you pay the extra monthly for that care package that they offer? i thought that would cover paints n cracks?

thats what i was informed when i leased my car from longo scion so i pay extra 16 a month -_-;
1slowfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:15 AM   #39
TJ3000

Drives: MT Raven Black FRS
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Here is said picture

Tell her boyfriend he can keep her.
TJ3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:36 AM   #40