follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #267
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRStsc10n View Post
Did they say whether the waitlist was because someone already put money down for their allocation? And thus you are on the waitlist if that person decides to not get it. If what torqdork said is true, there is only 400 MT's being made, with a small portion of that going to Canada. May be hard to get a MT. Not sure what you are looking for transmission, and color wise.
I'm looking for MT firestorm. Damn, now you're getting me worried.
No wait list, they found out where their shipments are gonna be on the island. The salesman said he's gonna inquire about what I wanted since it looks like Mt firestorm will be one of the ones shipped-and it'll be sent over to our location. The main question was when, he did not know the date thus didn't want to take my money. Keep in mind he's new, so he probably trusts I won't go else where. He's really cool-about my age, I'm sure he'll pull through for me! lol
IntotheOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #268
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Seem like I'm one of the lucky few that has a dealership that wants to sell me one before its released. No wait list either.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (01-23-2014), Zaku (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #269
Trojan_SC

Drives: '14 Monogram FR-S(RIP)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I guess it also helps to know someone at the dealer. My buddy works at the world's largest Toyota dealer here in SoCal and already has me down for the first manual to come in. Should actually be on the boat as of today. ETA to the US is 2/7. I hope all of you that want one are able to get one. Good luck and happy hunting!
Trojan_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trojan_SC For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (01-23-2014), M-17 (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #270
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
*jealousy intensifies*
IntotheOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IntotheOcean For This Useful Post:
Trojan_SC (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #271
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan_SC View Post
I guess it also helps to know someone at the dealer. My buddy works at the world's largest Toyota dealer here in SoCal and already has me down for the first manual to come in. Should actually be on the boat as of today. ETA to the US is 2/7. I hope all of you that want one are able to get one. Good luck and happy hunting!
Yo Trojan, I didn't know you trading your FRS in already?!?!

And that's the thing. I hope the dealership I'm in talks with will get lucky with Black M/T FRS.

Last edited by M-17; 01-23-2014 at 01:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #272
Trojan_SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
Yo Trojoan, I didn't know you trading your FRS in already?!?!

And that's the thing. I hope the dealership I'm in talks with will get lucky with Black M/T FRS.
Yeah man, probably not the smartest thing to do, but I have my reasons. Plus finally can get what I wanted in the first place. Not that I've been unhappy with my current FRS. Just happy that I can get what I want and easily swap over just about all the mods I've added sans gt86 headlights, and some other small interior goodies.

Which ever dealer you're talking to should already know what they are getting if they are getting some from the first batch. My guy already told me right from the start "Whiteout, M/T, and gave me the estimated dates of activity(prod date, shipment date, ETA to US) via their system. If they know they are getting one for sure, they should be able to provide you with more info if they are genuinely going to sell it to you. Some shady dealers will try to keep that secret and not say anything to possibly markup somehow (yes even scion dealers have found a way in instances). Good luck bro.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trojan_SC For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (01-23-2014), M-17 (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #273
Trojan_SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
*jealousy intensifies*
I think you should just call as many dealers as you can and speak with someone who has a f*c*ing clue. I would think that not every dealer is going to get allocated one so your best bet is to increase your chances by calling EVERYONE! I would say "or you could get a BRZ", but if you're like me, that's not an option lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trojan_SC For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #274
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
Yeah man, probably not the smartest thing to do, but I have my reasons. Plus finally can get what I wanted in the first place. Not that I've been unhappy with my current FRS. Just happy that I can get what I want and easily swap over just about all the mods I've added sans gt86 headlights, and some other small interior goodies.

Which ever dealer you're talking to should already know what they are getting if they are getting some from the first batch. My guy already told me right from the start "Whiteout, M/T, and gave me the estimated dates of activity(prod date, shipment date, ETA to US) via their system. If they know they are getting one for sure, they should be able to provide you with more info if they are genuinely going to sell it to you. Some shady dealers will try to keep that secret and not say anything to possibly markup somehow (yes even scion dealers have found a way in instances). Good luck bro.
Its a pretty well know dealership, but even I still have my doubts, they're like dogs over here. Trying to get me to buy before any real evidence. I'll be more forward to see what they got to find out if I'm wasting my time.

Oh and c'mon man... nothing wrong the BRZ.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #275
Trojan_SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
Its a pretty well know dealership, but even I still have my doubts, they're like dogs over here. Trying to get me to buy before any real evidence. I'll be more forward to see what they got to find out if I'm wasting my time.

Oh and c'mon man... nothing wrong the BRZ.
Nothing wrong with it at all. Except the front bumper. lol. I like the more aggressive look the Toyota variant has. BRZ is great, my girlfriend even wants one. So I might have both twins (M/T and A/T) at my disposal to play with come this summer haha (don't tell her I said that).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trojan_SC For This Useful Post:
AznKirby (01-23-2014), IntotheOcean (01-23-2014), M-17 (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #276
DMDominator

Drives: Genesis 3.8 Track, Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Don't you stand to lose about $8-9k on that? If you have a loan I can see you not minding extending it but I paid full in cash and couldn't stomach taking that big of a hit on such a new vehicle. On top of that, Ultra Monogram Series will be out next year and will have that ridiculous red interior of the 86, lol.
DMDominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #277
sato

Drives: Dodge Patitas
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleahoy View Post
wonder if there will be any of these in manual by july, thats when I plan to switch over from the GTI.... Will probably have to settle for a base if only automatic snorefests in black paint are left
That will probably be my predicament... Just got told our Toyota distributor will not allow for "special orders" (i.e. Monogram selection)
sato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #278
Trojan_SC

Monogram Series FR-S is official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMDominator View Post
Don't you stand to lose about $8-9k on that? If you have a loan I can see you not minding extending it but I paid full in cash and couldn't stomach taking that big of a hit on such a new vehicle. On top of that, Ultra Monogram Series will be out next year and will have that ridiculous red interior of the 86, lol.

I'll lose a bit due to depreciation. That's expected with any car. I don't view a vehicle as an investment. Investments make you money, not lose money. You paid full in cash? Why? So you're questioning my financial decision when you make one like that? You realize you could've taken that liquidity, placed it a mutual fund and still come out on top if your car loan interest rate is low enough, assuming you have good credit. So to answer your question, yes I will take a loss but to say 8-9k is to not view things economically or accurately. Trade in will actually pay some toward new car and cover taxes, so it'll be a little better than breaking even.
Any value lost due to depreciation is a sunk cost. No changing that no matter what. I'm at about 30k miles so I prefer getting a brand new one with the features I really want, getting a vehicle without as many "1st year" annoyances, and a refreshed warranty.

In short, I leased for a year and a half. Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Trojan_SC; 01-23-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:01 PM   #279
86SPEED

Drives: The silvertrooper 10 series
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Really??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
86SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #280
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monogram View Post
Yes, really. It has been scheduled to go through processing, and then the port installed exhaust, foglights, and all weather mats will be installed. I was told it could be as soon as Thursday or Friday next week.
Congrats. Let's hope it doesn't sit at Portland for a month because monroney labels
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote