follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-10-2013, 04:28 AM   #2521
Noob4Life
86 Noob

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just picked mine up tonight too finally!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #2522
Juurian

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS WhiteOut
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hey there everyone, new to the community. have always drived a honda but have always wanted me an AE86. never got one seeing how most of them are off the road now here where i live and are pretty much gold.

currently own a 03 rsx type s however that will be sold either this week or next week. Going to finance a scion frs through my dealership and can't wait to have a rear wheel drive vehicle.

it seems i cannot make threads of my own yet i'm assuming its because of my post count correct me if i'm wrong.

also had a question i've noticed that some people have had moisture build up in the tail lights can anyone confirm if this is a very common problem?

thanks!
Juurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #2523
frsjon

Drives: Whiteout Scion FR-S 6mt
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hello, My name is Jonathan and i just purchased my whiteout FR-S from the dealership that i work for. here is a picture of my FR-S next to my brothers Miata
frsjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #2524
Panda Grahams

Drives: '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juurian View Post
hey there everyone, new to the community. have always drived a honda but have always wanted me an AE86. never got one seeing how most of them are off the road now here where i live and are pretty much gold.

currently own a 03 rsx type s however that will be sold either this week or next week. Going to finance a scion frs through my dealership and can't wait to have a rear wheel drive vehicle.

it seems i cannot make threads of my own yet i'm assuming its because of my post count correct me if i'm wrong.

also had a question i've noticed that some people have had moisture build up in the tail lights can anyone confirm if this is a very common problem?

thanks!
Don't let a little problem like taillight moisture keep you from getting this car. If it happens, it happens, and you can get it fixed under warranty. However, Toyota/Subaru have seemed to have fixed this hiccup on the new batches of Fr-s'/BRZs.
Panda Grahams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #2525
niceguy21
Socal Valley 86 Member

Drives: 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 & Scion FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
New Member and upcoming designer!

Hey guys I just recently bought my FRS White Out and a week ago and Im just waiting for it to come in. I also want to mention the i been also working on design and installations for this car so i hope you guys can help me out and give me some feedback so i can get some productions of work out for you guys!

So far Im really interested in making the hood because I've seen others but haven't caught my attention so instead i cane up with one of my own. Tell me what you guys think, cheers!

Sincerely,
JV
niceguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #2526
Juurian

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS WhiteOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Grahams View Post
Don't let a little problem like taillight moisture keep you from getting this car. If it happens, it happens, and you can get it fixed under warranty. However, Toyota/Subaru have seemed to have fixed this hiccup on the new batches of Fr-s'/BRZs.
nice! oh believe me i wouldn't have changed my mind i have watched a whole bunch of reviews on this car and i have my mind set on it!
Juurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #2527
civicdrivr

Drives: 2018 Golf R
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy21 View Post
Hey guys I just recently bought my FRS White Out and a week ago and Im just waiting for it to come in. I also want to mention the i been also working on design and installations for this car so i hope you guys can help me out and give me some feedback so i can get some productions of work out for you guys!

So far Im really interested in making the hood because I've seen others but haven't caught my attention so instead i cane up with one of my own. Tell me what you guys think, cheers!

Sincerely,
JV
Im typically not a fan of hood vents, but that looks good. You should start a thread in the cosmetic modifications section.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #2528
niceguy21
Socal Valley 86 Member

Drives: 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 & Scion FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
I know i should of but couldnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
Im typically not a fan of hood vents, but that looks good. You should start a thread in the cosmetic modifications section.
I know I should of posted in cosmetic thread section but unfortunately I don't have any privileges to start a thread so I just went ahead to at least introduce my self and show the rest of the forum to receive some feedback for a kick start. Thanks for your input by the way!

p.s. how do you request thread privileges to post?
niceguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #2529
dreamerl007

Drives: Toyota Corolla
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Finally Registered

Well after all the reading i've done as an unregistered guest, I finally signed up today. I'm patiently hoping that the US market gets something closer to the JDM GT86 Limited Trim before I join you guys as an owner. Hopefully sooner rather than later! Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here!
dreamerl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dreamerl007 For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (02-07-2017)
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #2530
civicdrivr

Drives: 2018 Golf R
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy21 View Post
I know I should of posted in cosmetic thread section but unfortunately I don't have any privileges to start a thread so I just went ahead to at least introduce my self and show the rest of the forum to receive some feedback for a kick start. Thanks for your input by the way!

p.s. how do you request thread privileges to post?
Just keep posting in other threads, I forgot what the prerequisites are for this forum but you have to meet a a certain amount of posts and possibly a certain amount of time on the board

Sent from my Nexus 4
Old 02-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #2531
TaddyDobbins

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Picked up my 6spd Firestorm FR-S on Saturday. We were dropping off my wife's car and the dealership had just got one in. After seeing it I realized my 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid was just not cutting it anymore. I was the first to drive it and took it home that day. It is my daily driver for now but will be a future SCCA race car.
TaddyDobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #2532
CyrusKafaiWu

Drives: Me and NbaFanDan share an Scion Frs
Since this is the Hi thread and I am new.

My name is Cyrus, I do not drive a Scion FR-s, Toyota GT-86 or a Subaru BR-Z. But I do happen to share one.
CyrusKafaiWu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #2533
MykeH78

Drives: 2014 BRZ 6MT WR Blue Met
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Hello all. As you can see, my name is Myke. I currently have a 2013 Corolla S, and a 2009 Xb, both Black Sand Pearl. S is 5spd Xb Auto. Patiently waiting for the 1st RS FRS till I buy. If not a RS color guess what color mine will be LOL. Hope to talk to and get to know you all soon enough. L8R
MykeH78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #2534
initial

Drives: Pontiac G5 GT
Hey, all.

I'm another new member and hopefully a future owner of the FR-S, in turn, becoming an 86 enthusiast with the rest of you.

Currently, I own a Pontiac G5 GT (Cobalt SS rip-off), and hopefully within a year, I'll own a beautiful 86.

Glad to be here and to be a part of an active community.
initial is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to initial For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (02-07-2017)

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo