follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 03-02-2018, 01:37 AM   #1
Regular

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MXP Comp Rs + Catless headers... droning?

Hi guys,

I'm a new member on this forum and picked up a new 2017 BRZ earlier last year! I have put on a custom muffler delete, but it looks pretty ghetto, so I plan on replacing the entire catback system in the summer. With that in mind, I ran into the MXP Comp RS a couple months back and really dig it. I do plan to put on Gruppe-S UEL Cattless headers sometime in the near future. Does anyone have any experience with this combo? I was looking around in the forums and am getting mixed reviews. One of my buddies told me that the MXP with headers drones like CRAZY. Just looking for some further feedback. My goal for my exhaust setup is to have something deepy and bassy with little to no drone as I am DDing my car. I don't really care too much about rasp.

Thanks,
Regular
Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #2
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Shameless plug. Our CSG Touring86 exhaust has been paired with a variety of catted and catless setups yet produces no drone issues and provides sufficient ambient noise for driving pleasure. It also allows for casual conversations with grandparents, parents, friends, siblings, and significant others without requiring you all to raise your voices.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:04 AM   #3
FunnyGopher

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterSpace Garage View Post
Shameless plug. Our CSG Touring86 exhaust has been paired with a variety of catted and catless setups yet produces no drone issues and provides sufficient ambient noise for driving pleasure. It also allows for casual conversations with grandparents, parents, friends, siblings, and significant others without requiring you all to raise your voices.
Can confirm. I'm completely catless, and no drone with this catback. Can even talk to the car next to me at speed (I don't recommend this though).
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG
FunnyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:15 AM   #4
Regular

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyGopher View Post
Can confirm. I'm completely catless, and no drone with this catback. Can even talk to the car next to me at speed (I don't recommend this though).

Can someone link me and send me sound clips? I’m from Canada, and will look into it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #5
ajcarson11

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
My Touring86 (mentioned by CSG above) catback will arrive monday! I'll be running it with a Gruppe-S UEL catless header and stock OP/FP. I'll provide my feedback as soon as I get it on the car (although I'm supercharged... so i'll end up just a bit louder than you if you are still NA).
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajcarson11 For This Useful Post:
CounterSpace Garage (03-12-2018)

Tags
drone, exhaust, headers, mxp, uel