follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 09-06-2017, 09:15 PM   #11145
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,470 Times in 4,993 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Hmm @ someone does not work very well on this forum, I've seen at least two today and the site hasn't notified me...

tl;dr of the PM I sent: maybe, time to experiment!
Edit: Oh, with AST5100 you only have rebound adjustable, if the compression damping is out of whack you're stuck with it unless you get a revalve, maybe that's what's wrong? idk, I'm not confident in my abilities to tune dampers yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
Wait, is that real?! Whenever I tried that trick I couldn't get the truck to move.
No. However there is a "legit" way to do it kind of similar to the missingno glitch, you can google it, lots of videos and images show up with instructions.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:10 AM   #11146
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Woohoo. Got my first package stolen from my porch today it seems. Gonna try to catch the postman tomorrow to make sure he actually delivered it to my house instead of a different one
Hopefully. After having packages stolen from my porch, I've since installed cameras, sent packages to my work or picked it up. Really annoying and a huge PITA. Just hate the feeling of getting taken advantage of.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:18 AM   #11147
thecarfilmer
IG: @nickwiththefrs

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Halo
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Woohoo. Got my first package stolen from my porch today it seems. Gonna try to catch the postman tomorrow to make sure he actually delivered it to my house instead of a different one
ive always been getting my packages like 3 days after the tracking said it delivered lol. probably wait it out unless you're sure it arrived?
Old 09-07-2017, 02:23 AM   #11148
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,466 Times in 3,205 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Hopefully. After having packages stolen from my porch, I've since installed cameras, sent packages to my work or picked it up. Really annoying and a huge PITA. Just hate the feeling of getting taken advantage of.
Yeah, I noticed when I got my car this year that some of my mail was either missing or torn open.

I feel like I mentioned it here at the time, but if not, basically I came home to torn open envelopes with the checkbook style things for paying my car loan. It's basically the same shape and everything as a checkbook, but it's just a pre-filled book of papers you put in the envelope if you mail in the monthly payments.

My guess is people had been going through my mail, thought "oooh jackpot just stumbled on X bank checkbooks!" and realized how wrong they were.

Since then I get most important stuff sent to my work's office mailroom instead. Easier and more secure that way.
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:17 AM   #11149
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,012 Times in 1,855 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Yeah. Inside half of the rears on both sides are gone after 11 Mines runs.
Ouch, that's not good. Time for another alignment since I'm sure spirited driving over that rough of a road (since you said it's not low car friendly), and quickly mess up an alignment job.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #11150
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Honestly I never thought that I would have to be spending money on alignments just because I like to canyon carve. I thought alignments were supposed to stick once they were set.

This is part of the reason why I went with titanium SPL LCAs and toe arms, so that the suspension components would be more robust and not get thrown out of alignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Ouch, that's not good. Time for another alignment since I'm sure spirited driving over that rough of a road (since you said it's not low car friendly), and quickly mess up an alignment job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #11151
driggity

Drives: Silver Coupe with a Boxer
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah. Inside half of the rears on both sides are gone after 11 Mines runs.

What's the outside half look like? I'm surprised the wear would be very uneven with that alignment. How do the fronts look?
driggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #11152
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,012 Times in 1,855 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Honestly I never thought that I would have to be spending money on alignments just because I like to canyon carve. I thought alignments were supposed to stick once they were set.

This is part of the reason why I went with titanium SPL LCAs and toe arms, so that the suspension components would be more robust and not get thrown out of alignment.
That's why I got the lifetime alignment at Firestone since roads I drive on are pretty rough (yeah, a lot of people don't like them, and unless the tech is super chill, you won't be able to get custom alignments). I just tell them to leave my front camber alone and put everything else back to OEM range.

Those titanium parts won't crack or break easily, the bolts and nuts will still loosen over time (quicker over rough roads). Even if the nuts and bolts were Ti.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 12:54 PM   #11153
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

The outside half still has visible tread pattern.

The fronts seem to be wearing fairly uniform and aren't at the wear bars yet, albeit with the outside edge getting bubbly/tacky from excessive heat buildup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driggity View Post
What's the outside half look like? I'm surprised the wear would be very uneven with that alignment. How do the fronts look?

Quote:
I'm old and lazy
Old 09-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #11154
strat61caster
-

Quote:
This is part of the reason why I went with titanium SPL LCAs and toe arms,
Just an FYI, the big black parts are aluminum, from what I can tell the only parts that are Titanium is the nut on the adjuster. The rest is conventional aluminum and steel.

One of the reasons I didn't buy them was they were not very descriptive with their material choices hyping up the 'control arms with Titanium!' when it was obvious to me that it wasn't a Ti arm ($$$) or Ti nuts and bolts (familiar with Ti hardware from work and the past). Looks like they've gotten more descriptive or I was misremembering.

Quote:
their CNC milled 6061 billet aluminum arms are designed to exceed factory strength and durability. Their exclusive hybrid adjuster is comprised of electroless nickel plated 4130 chromoly, titanium hardware and 6061 aluminum clamps to reduce weight and prohibit corrosion while offering quick and easy adjustment.

FEATURES

Lightweight aluminum, titanium, and chromoly construction
Electroless nickel plated 4130 hybrid adjuster for quick adjustment
Computer Aided Design with the aid of Finite Element Analysis
Low friction 3-piece Teflon lined FK Heim joints/rod ends made in the USA (FK doesn't make Titanium heim joints or rod ends)
Multiple mounting points for shock and sway bar provides motion ratio adjustment
CAD plated grade 10.9 hardware
Old 09-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #11155
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Wow, I am stupid then. I will stop referring them as being titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Just an FYI, the big black parts are aluminum, from what I can tell the only parts that are Titanium is the nut on the adjuster. The rest is conventional aluminum and steel.

One of the reasons I didn't buy them was they were not very descriptive with their material choices hyping up the 'control arms with Titanium!' when it was obvious to me that it wasn't a Ti arm ($$$) or Ti nuts and bolts (familiar with Ti hardware from work and the past). Looks like they've gotten more descriptive or I was misremembering.

Quote:
I'm old and lazy
Old 09-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #11156
strat61caster
-

Quote:
Wow, I am stupid then. I will stop referring them as being titanium.
Nah, the marketing for it was totally overkill on "zomg these are awesome exotic material best of the best everything else is subpar! ~signed all the reputable vendors" and the echo chamber of this forum made it worse. You're not the only person who bought into the hype.

I'm just happy I picked up my LCA's on Black Friday sale with an SCCA legal bushing as they're not offered anymore. The only alternative I can see is Velox which is now more expensive than the SPL or pressing in a new bushing for the SPC.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #11157
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

What in the actual fuck?
Attached Images

Quote:
I'm old and lazy
Old 09-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #11158
driggity

Drives: Silver Coupe with a Boxer
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
The outside half still has visible tread pattern.

The fronts seem to be wearing fairly uniform and aren't at the wear bars yet, albeit with the outside edge getting bubbly/tacky from excessive heat buildup.

Do you have a traction issue on corner exit that results in spinning the rear tires? Considering how much of your driving is on backroads and with your alignment seeing that uneven of wear is weird. Do the RE-71s have a dedicated inside and outside or can you flip them on the wheels? May need to rotate front to rear more often too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoi View Post
To be fair, it sounds cooler

Which is why they're marketed as titanium.
driggity is offline   Reply With Quote