follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 06-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #57
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post
That Mustang is sweet and seems like a better deal.
You won't have a flat spot torque, misfit body panels or road noise.
i think you actually want your torque flat
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #58
Kunzite

Drives: Toyota Auris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisked Accolade View Post
Now I really want to buy a "GT500 almost"
Thanks for the good laugh.
Kunzite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kunzite For This Useful Post:
Asterisked Accolade (06-10-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #59
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,935 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunzite View Post
Now I really want to buy a "GT500 almost"
Thanks for the good laugh.
I think I would definitely have to add that to one if I owned it!
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Asterisked Accolade (06-10-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #60
BobDigi5060

Drives: 2008 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Idk if you guys have seen the pictures, but roush is releasing a v6 version.. for around the same price as a brz..

Sexy.. But it's still a Ford..
What an ignorant statement.. Odds are you have zero experience with Ford automobiles.

Please, tell us what's so bad about owning a Ford??
BobDigi5060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #61
Dionysus

Drives: 2003 Honda Civic LX Beater Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
What an ignorant statement.. Odds are you have zero experience with Ford automobiles.

Please, tell us what's so bad about owning a Ford??
You're absolutely correct. I have zero experience in owning a Ford vehicle personally. But that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. You've probably never killed anyone, that doesn't mean you can't have an opinion about murder.

Poor interior quality, poor residual value, heavy, inefficient, large, clumsy. Crappy transmissions (as seen in the 2011 models). Poor engineering as seen in early Ford Explorers (remember the rollover-gate?), and as of late, stupid expensive. ( new Explorer sport starts at 40k).

But. They may win me over, I'm open to converting. I was going to test drive one before I decided on my next vehicle. They may have changed all of that. They may be amazing vehicles. But they still have poor MPG and they're still stupid heavy, and they still lack IRS. We shall see. That's why I posted this, to bring this option to people's attention.
Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #62
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
You're absolutely correct. I have zero experience in owning a Ford vehicle personally. But that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. You've probably never killed anyone, that doesn't mean you can't have an opinion about murder.

Poor interior quality, poor residual value, heavy, inefficient, large, clumsy. Crappy transmissions (as seen in the 2011 models). Poor engineering as seen in early Ford Explorers (remember the rollover-gate?), and as of late, stupid expensive. ( new Explorer sport starts at 40k).

But. They may win me over, I'm open to converting. I was going to test drive one before I decided on my next vehicle. They may have changed all of that. They may be amazing vehicles. But they still have poor MPG and they're still stupid heavy, and they still lack IRS. We shall see. That's why I posted this, to bring this option to people's attention.
well by that same logic do i get to say that the frs is boring because all tyota makes is pedestrian unresponsive cars? do i need to bring up the fact that their throttles stick? or the fact that the mustang pulls more gs on a skidpad despite its irs? how about the fact even with its poor mpg, the mustang v6 gets better mileage and comes with 100 more hp?
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #63
Asterisked Accolade
Pedals over Paddles.

Drives: Celica GT-S | 89 Supra | 07' Accent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Man, this is one argumentative thread.

2002 Celica GT-S Track Car | 1989 Supra Track Car | 2007 Hyundai Accent AutoX | 2003 Cadillac CTS Daily
Asterisked Accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #64
Dionysus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
well by that same logic do i get to say that the frs is boring because all tyota makes is pedestrian unresponsive cars? do i need to bring up the fact that their throttles stick? or the fact that the mustang pulls more gs on a skidpad despite its irs? how about the fact even with its poor mpg, the mustang v6 gets better mileage and comes with 100 more hp?
You can't test Ford's reliability in a test drive, so you have to go off of historical evidence. Which is that they have been unreliable, gas hungry, and heavy.

The car is gas hungry and heavy. Why should I assume it's going to be reliable with good resale value?

I can test drive the BRZ and say that it's responsive. Removing the doubt about Toyota's pedestrian-ness. Can't do that with the Ford's reliability and resale value.

Also, it wouldn't be out of line to say that any new Toyota's throttle may stick.. I wouldn't rake you over the coals for that.

Your metaphor is not analogous. Is what I'm telling you.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #65
BobDigi5060

Drives: 2008 Mustang
Quote:
You can have an opinion, but it has no substance.. Your not sophisticated enough to speak on Ford automobiles.

Quote:
"heavy, inefficient, large, and clumsy".. Tell us, how heavy is too heavy? How can you say such a thing after admitting to having zero experience with Ford cars??

What is large to some may not be large enough for others.. Heavy, large, clumsy.. Your opinion, which is based on zero experience and magazine editors, is invalid.

Dig deep enough, and you will find dirt on every last manufacturer.. Need I remind you about the 21 deaths attributed to Toyota's gas pedal flaw? Or about the 9 million vehicles recalled worldwide? From floormats to gas pedals to brakes, Toyota f*cked up like no other in the history of Automobiles.

Below are surveys conducted annually by J.D. Power and Assosciates, with Lincoln at the top of the list.

Quote:
Your reaching.. With today's standards, no manufacturer has "poor MPG".. Click on this link, and tell me these numbers are poor

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymake/Ford2013.shtml
BobDigi5060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #66
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Somebody says Mustang and then a bunch of fighting occurs.

The IRS isn't for better track handling, the live axle is perfectly at home on the track(straights and curves). It's for better comfort/stability on rough roads. Ask a Mustang guru(specifically one that does road racing) about it if you're still interested. The new IRS is going to be all aluminum so it's supposed to be lighter than the old SRA but it's going to be far more expensive. Especially for parts.

If you believe Ford suck for reliability checkout the recent data, eg. for the last 10 years. That's all I have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Allch Chcar For This Useful Post:
fatoni (06-11-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #67
Dionysus

I never said my comment was anything more than personal opinion, which I am entitled to, and have good evidence for holding. You're free to disagree with my opinion. I may change my opinion if I come across evidence for changing it. I intend to test drive one, I may buy one. Might change my opinion. Don't get your panties in a wad, nobody cares what my opinion is anyway.

All they care about is the content of my post, which is that Roush will be releasing a new version of the mustang in a V6.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #68
Asterisked Accolade
Pedals over Paddles.

Garage
Quote:
I never said my comment was anything more than personal opinion, which I am entitled to, and have good evidence for holding. You're free to disagree with my opinion. I may change my opinion if I come across evidence for changing it. I intend to test drive one, I may buy one. Might change my opinion. Don't get your panties in a wad, nobody cares what my opinion is anyway.

All they care about is the content of my post, which is that Roush will be releasing a new version of the mustang in a V6.
They also care about being right, don't forget that.

2002 Celica GT-S Track Car | 1989 Supra Track Car | 2007 Hyundai Accent AutoX | 2003 Cadillac CTS Daily
Old 06-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #69
Tbomb 25
Balance over power...

Drives: 13 Hot Lava Frs, 88 Supra Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisked Accolade View Post
Condescension aside, the live axel may have easily proven it self 46 years ago. But it's 2012 and on a high performance vehicle, you'd expect IRS-- it'd be better for 'Performance Driving.' I've seen modified mustangs which still retain the live axel and do quite well. I'm just saying i don't think it'd be much more expensive for Ford to add it to the Mustang, as most if not all competition has it. It is proven to handle winding roads and high speed corners better.
At the dragstrip thats not the case IRS gets dumped on i watched Pink All Out lastnight...theirs only 1 Vette to ever win the event....as a matter of fact its the only 1 thats ever even made it to the quarters..
Tbomb 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #70
Asterisked Accolade
Pedals over Paddles.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbomb 25 View Post
At the dragstrip thats not the case IRS gets dumped on i watched Pink All Out lastnight...theirs only 1 Vette to ever win the event....as a matter of fact its the only 1 thats ever even made it to the quarters..
I agree with you there. IRS gets humiliated most of the time on the strip.