follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 03-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #57
Vital

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williampreza View Post
I reused them. I can use some modeling clay and a drive to see if there's interference (theoretically). When I installed the springs, I considered trimming, but there was no clear consensus on whether to trim or not and how much to trim for springs this conservative. I figured pulling things apart again to trim was the lesser of two evils. The other being a bumpstop cut too short.
It seems like you may need to cut the bump stops or maybe you can order some from Eibach? Here is a thread that might help your case on the last page post #90 it shows where to cut the bump stop. That is where Hotchkis recommends cutting the bump stop for their springs, but since RSR doesnt include them either it could apply to your springs as well- just a suggestion.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...t=43138&page=7
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vital For This Useful Post:
Williampreza (03-21-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 07:49 PM   #58
Williampreza

Drives: 2017 Ice Silver BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm going in a different direction;

This week I removed the lowering springs, rear diffuser, oil pressure gauge, air intake tube, subwoofer, sub amp, bluetooth GPS module, SPC lower control arms, and Corsa exhaust.

All the stock parts went back on, save the aftermarket radio (I can't bring myself to subject someone to the stock 2017 head unit, plus it's sold).

Got an alignment yesterday for the stock springs and hope to have the front bumper repainted this week or early next to fix the paint cracking from my wife backing into my car.

Car will go up for sale as soon as it's ready.

Time for an interesting (to me) story to explain how this car came to be mine in the first place. Hopefully will explain how I can leave it so easily.

In August of 2016, I was watching this
here. At the end of the video, he plugs TRI Industries, a nonprofit benefitting people with disabilities, especially disabled veterans. I highly recommend them. In fact, they were running a contest to win the Shelby GT350R Mustang that he had just reviewed in the video.

Why not? I tossed them $10 for some tickets. I assumed I'd never see that money again, and I was okay with that.

Last of October 2016, I got a call. And an email. And another call.

Cool right? Except that you never really realize how your particular lifestyle affect what you can and cannot use. I have absolutely zero need for a 520-something-horsepower monster car with no back seat, with carbon fiber wheels and spoiler, and with a redline that would guarantee a speeding ticket every single time I drove it. Plus, the best part, I don't even have a garage as you can see from my build pics. Where am I gonna put it? How am I gonna pay for the insurance? How am I gonna pay for new wheels, tires, paint, spoiler, etc. when they get stolen, slashed, and stolen again by my high class neighbors?

I took the cash option. One other rationale supported that decision. The whole point of my entry was to donate to TRI and their cause and at this point I was way, way behind on that goal. So, they auctioned the car and (hopefully) got more money than they sent me, and I got a nice wad of cash.

Most of it went to the kids' college funds and a carport. Then I bought the BRZ.

Anyway, easy come easy go, and now I'm ready to do something else.

Thanks for the great reading! This has been one of the most useful forums I've ever been on. Look for parts for sale soon!
Williampreza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Williampreza For This Useful Post:
BlueWhelan (04-09-2019), Boomerang (04-09-2019), DustinS (03-29-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 12:30 AM   #59
BlueWhelan

Drives: 2013 Blue Subaru BRZ. 6 Spd manual
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
That is a really frigin' cool story! Good for you! 'Tis a shame that you're ready to part with it so soon, but we won't hold it against ya. What are you thinking of getting in the BR-Z's stead?
BlueWhelan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
road car, rs-r down