follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #2325
airjonny

Drives: Nissan Murano
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem53 View Post
You're missing out on one of the best drivers car ever produced because your concerned about someone else's opinion.. Or some journalistic tripe that some bozo writes for a paycheck.
I've owned cars costing three times the price with more than twice the power that aren't as "good" as this car..
You're ignorance and short sightedness is keeping you from something special that doesn't happen very often in the automotive world...
But I guess some people would rather have a big horsepower number then actual driver involvement and enjoyment..
No I don't need a big HP number. And I think it's pretty ignorant to think that everyone that wants at least the torque dip fixed want the car to be a muscle car. I'm really tired of people turning the power situation into a black and white thing.
airjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #2326
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjonny View Post
I'm really tired of people turning the power situation into a black and white thing.
Says the guy who wants a slightly different torque curve and as such isn't buying the car.

Seriously it's fine that you feel that way, nobody is going to change that. Most of us just think it's ridiculous to let something so trivial stop you from having the fun you want for literally years.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Mikem53 (05-09-2014)
Old 05-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #2327
airjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Says the guy who wants a slightly different torque curve and as such isn't buying the car.

Seriously it's fine that you feel that way, nobody is going to change that. Most of us just think it's ridiculous to let something so trivial stop you from having the fun you want for literally years.
It's not stopping me. It's merely a criticism I have of the car. I'm 90% sure I'll pull the trigger on getting this car as soon as I finish university.
The Following User Says Thank You to airjonny For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (05-09-2014)
Old 05-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #2328
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjonny View Post
No I don't need a big HP number. And I think it's pretty ignorant to think that everyone that wants at least the torque dip fixed want the car to be a muscle car. I'm really tired of people turning the power situation into a black and white thing.
You stated you want more "powah". Most who own the car will tell you it does just fine as it is.. And most those complaining about the power dip and the "powah" dont own one or think it's worse than it actually is..
The Porsches have similar power dips due to the pancake layout.. It's a characteristic of the car.. And it's not something that ruins the experience..
If you're tired take a nap..
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #2329
airjonny

[QUOTE=Mikem53;1727078]You stated you want more "powah". Most who own the car will tell you it does just fine as it is.. And most those complaining about the power dip and the "powah" dont own one or think it's worse than it actually is..
The Porsches have similar power dips due to the pancake layout.. It's a characteristic of the car.. And it's not something that ruins the experience..
If you're tired take a nap..[/

I think there's a good amount here that would gladly have that dip eliminated if asked. The ones that don't complain about the dip probably drive the car like they stole it, but where I live, I can't do that all the time.

Well played on the tired comment..well played.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:51 PM   #2330
Njjawn

Drives: None
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
Well, I don't know for sure. That's more of a hypothesis/educated guess.

The sensor works based on pressure, but it is an electronic device. And your phone puts off a small amount of electromagnetic radiation even when its idle or in airplane mode, so there is a good probability that there is some interaction between your phones transmissions and the seat occupancy sensor, sending a false positive to the car's computer.

Now that I think about it, I'll test this hypothesis on the way home, see if airplane mode still triggers it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Capacitive sensing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://machinedesign.com/archive/cap...mplify-sensing
http://www.capacitance-sensors.com/

Electrical signals from a phone or other electronic device give a false positive on the capacitive load sensor in the seats of the Toyobaru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I've found if you lean the charging end (USB Port) of your phone on the seat bolster pointing up away from the seat cushion it stops it when charging.

@strat61caster has it right, its not weight at all.
Wow, I never would have guessed. I just figured it was super sensitive to weight. TIL
Njjawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #2331
LUV FR-S
LUV FR-S

Drives: silver 2014 Scion FR-S
I don't hate anything about my little darling. I've just 2 small gripes.
1- in Texas you have to have license plates front and back. There is no place to mount the front plate and the dealer wanted to drill holes!! I attached the plate with swift tags(if that is what they are called).
2- When I put my purse in the passenger seat, the seat belt hollers. So way too sensitive.
LUV FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #2332
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
There are plate mounting kits that attach to the front tow hook mount. Might be a better long term solution than zip ties.

http://ft86speedfactory.com/exterior...late-kits-101/

Also, I believe the seat belt sensor is triggered by weight. You may have too much stuff in your purse, have you considered a bumper hitch?
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:48 AM   #2333
Chaetagnath

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post

Also, I believe the seat belt sensor is triggered by weight. You may have too much stuff in your purse, have you considered a bumper hitch?
Actually it detects electrical signals (if a human is in the seat it knows by the capacitance of the person). So it's probably her phone in her purse setting it off.
Chaetagnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #2334
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
You don't say?
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #2335
LUV FR-S
LUV FR-S

Drives: silver 2014 Scion FR-S
������ my purse is not very heavy but yes my phone is in my purse. I started putting it in the seat in behind me. God I love this car!����
LUV FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #2336
PITTFRS

Drives: 2013 FR-S Hot Lava
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
Actually it detects electrical signals (if a human is in the seat it knows by the capacitance of the person). So it's probably her phone in her purse setting it off.
sure does, i travel for work and from time to time i set my phone in the passenger seat while driving due to lack of storage elsewhere(samsung note) and it makes my airbag sensor go off. But when i put my clipboard loaded with paper and pens on the seat it does not go off(obviously weighs more than my phone).
PITTFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #2337
TheDeluxeCo

Drives: Scion FR-S
I honestly do not like how there is no audio controls on the steering wheel. And I dont like how when I go to a radio station, the audio is quiet and lacks base for nearly 10 seconds.
TheDeluxeCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:39 AM   #2338
DragonDriver5

Drives: 2014 FRS, 77 Celica, 88 Supra Turbo
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeluxeCo View Post
I honestly do not like how there is no audio controls on the steering wheel. And I dont like how when I go to a radio station, the audio is quiet and lacks base for nearly 10 seconds.
I can live without the audio controls.. I've never owned a car that had them before so doesn't bother me. It would be nice but

I have no idea what you're talking about as far as no bass for 10 seconds.. maybe you don't have your settings correct? Did you go into settings and switch it from "TC" to "FR-S"? Factory settings aren't correct for some strange reason
DragonDriver5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ha ha!, hate, playerhatersball, potatopants