follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 12-19-2015, 02:25 PM   #183
ljake99

Drives: Subaru
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
And yes brand new tires a couple days before I decided to trade it in, the stock tires were a little too narrow for the rims, and wore the inside edges down really quick. Also It got both taillights due to condensation from them being cracked on installation. I would highly recommend not driving this in snow without snow tires.
ljake99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:58 AM   #184
fuggin_tyler

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ (Limited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljake99 View Post
And yes brand new tires a couple days before I decided to trade it in, the stock tires were a little too narrow for the rims, and wore the inside edges down really quick. Also It got both taillights due to condensation from them being cracked on installation. I would highly recommend not driving this in snow without snow tires.
Love the tires on there honestly! they have a nice amount of grip when having fun and in the rain they perform very nicely. Bummer on the tail lights though i bought the same ones as a christmas gift to myself so ill keep in mind to be careful while installing! The car currently is away for winter because, you being a fellow ohioan know, salt is why we cant have nice things here haha.

Put a car cover over her and plan on keeping her in the garage till mid March! Treated with fuel stabilizer, changed the oil, cleaned inside and out, and hooked up a battery tender. I might put new oil in before i start her back up to make start-up a little easier on the engine unless you guys recommend anything else? Last oil change i used Subaru oil and oil filter although i was thinking Mobile 1.

I understand the want to go AWD by the way, lol. My friend recently bought a '16 STI and performance wise its obviously a night and day difference. I cant get away from the 2-door life however! All my cars have been 2-doors and as much as i love the WRX/STI i love the look and feeling of driving a BRZ over the power of those cars.
fuggin_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #185
ljake99

Yeah some of the first ones to come out the installed them without the rubber gasket or whatever it is, and it would crack them. It Does handle pretty good with them, great on wet roads even! Yeah I don't blame you, and if I could have both I definitely would get another brz. It could use better sway bars/end links, some decent coilovers and control arms and it would handle a lot better!
Old 12-24-2015, 05:48 PM   #186
ljake99

I'm still praying they make it awd and turbo haha!! Ill trade my sti in the next day!
Old 12-29-2015, 01:20 PM   #187
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I was the one that traded it in for a 16 sti. I went out of my way usually to get non ethanol 93 Khazzy. Never had chirps. I moved from Omaha to Columbus, and brought this beauty with me Loved the car, turned heads everywhere! But I wanted all wheel drive and a little more power lol. I changed the oil every 3k with mobil 1 synthetic and usually a oem filter
That is great to hear. I swapped the tails from another owner so that is probably the issue there. It was during the fall so no time for condensation to try it out. The original tails and TOM's I had on there never had condensation. Yeah the tires were slightly stretched from a 17x7 to a 17x7.5 and I was going to get 225's when those tires gave out. Snow driving was never a good idea in that car. With snow tires, it wasn't too bad. I miss it every day but still enjoy my Accord EX-L Coupe V6. That car is an absolute blast and hidden gem. I am working on that car now to make it to my liking. My BRZ did always turn heads and made a great conversation peace. I still say it was the best looking BRZ in Omaha/Nebraska. I am just glad it had 2 great owners as it moved on with its life. Glad you are keeping it warm for the winter. That is me with my CBR600RR right now haha! Omaha just got almost a foot of snow in a week. Luckily I am on vacation in Maryland right now.

This is what I am working on now. Love this thing every day!

Last edited by Khazzy; 12-29-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Khazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #188
ljake99

I'm pretty sure it was the best looking one! Those toms taillights looked awesome too, going to get something similar for the sti! My mom is in omaha, she let me know about the snow, I'm over here in Ohio just waiting, ive had the snow tires on almost 2 months now, and its just now finally cooling down
Old 01-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #189
fuggin_tyler

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ (Limited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazzy View Post
This is what I am working on now. Love this thing every day!
Lmao seems we all have a thing for white cars here! Love the Accord man! My buddy five houses from me has one in Black and its a blast to drive (not the V6 but it gets up and goes still) Did the body kit come on the car as well?

Side note, how did you like the Cussco strut braces? i heard that those style braces that arent one solid bar dont perform as well and solid bar braces.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it was the best looking one! Those toms taillights looked awesome too, going to get something similar for the sti! My mom is in omaha, she let me know about the snow, I'm over here in Ohio just waiting, ive had the snow tires on almost 2 months now, and its just now finally cooling down
The stock STI tails almost look identical to the TOMS in some aspects. I cant find any aftermarket tails for those cars either which im surprised since theyve been out for long enough.

Ive had her stored for two months now and theyve salted the roads up in cleveland. if they had'nt done that i would still be driving her...She's gotten new lug nuts, new TOMS tails and Grimmspeed Hood Dampers since shes been in storage. Next up are front and rear strut braces and floor mats.
fuggin_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:09 PM   #190
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuggin_tyler View Post
Lmao seems we all have a thing for white cars here! Love the Accord man! My buddy five houses from me has one in Black and its a blast to drive (not the V6 but it gets up and goes still) Did the body kit come on the car as well?

Side note, how did you like the Cussco strut braces? i heard that those style braces that arent one solid bar dont perform as well and solid bar braces.

The stock STI tails almost look identical to the TOMS in some aspects. I cant find any aftermarket tails for those cars either which im surprised since theyve been out for long enough.

Ive had her stored for two months now and theyve salted the roads up in cleveland. if they had'nt done that i would still be driving her...She's gotten new lug nuts, new TOMS tails and Grimmspeed Hood Dampers since shes been in storage. Next up are front and rear strut braces and floor mats.
The Cusco bars were hands down the best bars in my opinion, especially since the front incorporated the master cylinder brace. I loved the carbon under the hood and it definitely made the car stiffer in the corners, for the better.

The kit was OEM add on options at the dealer. I bought it a couple months after I got the car. Was worth the buy in my opinion. It changed the car completely! I am getting the rest of my BC coils in this up coming week and will drop it 1.5in to bring the tires to the fender. Should look great!

As for the TOMs tails, that is exactly why I got them. In my opinion, they definitely look the best!

This v6 is a monster of a motor from Honda. It pulls all the time and I just installed a new exhaust for it too that I need to get a video of. Man does she roar! The short ram OEM intake makes it sound like there is a super charger under the hood when getting on it.

Here is some rear end loving.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:08 PM   #191
ljake99

I'd go with a better rear sway bar, and control arms. My brother has an frs and said that improved the handling a lot better
Old 02-28-2016, 09:13 PM   #192
ljake99

You should join Central Ohio Subarus on facebook and post some pics, would like to see the progress https://www.facebook.com/groups/469185543174011/