follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 12-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #57
brewksy

Drives: 2011 Subaru STI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I agree you can learn things from watching it - but you can also learn bad things as well.

For example: I was watching traffic court one day as the prosecutor was calling witnesses, evidence, etc. to be discussed and made his entire case. The defendant finally gets his turn and this is what happens:

Defendant: I want to call a witness to the stand
Prosecutor: Judge, this witness wasn't declared (or something similar)
Judge: Sorry, defendant, you can't call a witness. Case closed, judgment in favor of the prosecutor.

It was that quick - the defendant had crap loads of evidence and witnesses that he had prepared but didn't declare it to the prosecutor and was barred from bringing it in.

Just be careful when you go to court - there are no surprise witnesses or court dramas at all.
brewksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #58
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateless View Post
Tapeworms are worms found in undercooked meat. Once consumed, their head attaches to the digestive tract. They then eat your food and grow into your intestine, and sometimes multiply. In some people, such as myself, they can consume 80-100% of nutrients ingested.

Their body is made of segments that regularly shed and can migrate through the intestinal wall and through the blood stream to attach to organs where they grow as cysts. If one of those goes to your heart, you die. If one of those goes to your brain you get seizures and you might die (you have to take anti-seizure medication and wait for it to die on its own, which takes about 20 years). I seem to have problems with my gall bladder, and that's a common place for cysts to migrate.

I had the fish variety, which averages 28-30 feet in length. It was like having the stomach flu for eight years straight with extreme cramping and diarrhea, except much more painful.

In the average person, the symptoms can be mild, but it was a nightmare in my case, no thanks I'm sure to my preexisting digestive problems, and at one point I nearly starved to death.

With fish tapeworms it's not uncommon to have more than one, and I don't know how many I had other than the one I confirmed seeing dead. The symptoms seemed extreme for only one.

Doctors prescribe drugs to kill them that are actually just poisons (also won't make you feel good as a result). Often these poisons successfully kill the body but leave the head attached, in which case it can regrow to its full length in only 2-3 months, and you will have been very ill for nothing. Also their cell die-off is extremely toxic, so killing them is a good way to get real sick. Killing one that's in your brain will kill you. Mine went undiagnosed until I took stuff to kill it and passed a dead one which I showed to my doctor.

I took natural stuff to kill mine (in my fragile state of health the poison wasn't really an option), which consisted of ground pumpkin seed that shreds the body and garlic which burns the head and makes it let go, and a black walnut tincture which is a nerve agent. It was not a fun experience and I had to do it a bunch of times before it worked, getting quite sick each time, but it seems to have been successful. The last two years have been so much better, despite that I still have to deal with some long-term consequences.
ohhhh! myyy god! that's terrible,and soo disgusting! wow!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #59
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
I am really sorry about what you've gone through, it's a bit of a nightmare and I hope that you get some kind of recompense. Most of us wash our cars very carefully by hand to avoid this kind of thing. You keep listing reasons why that's not acceptable to you, but at the end of the day you took a shortcut 'at your own risk'.

I think the advice given earlier is solid - try to go direct to the manufacturer and hope that you find a generous customer service manager etc. This non aggressive approach has served me well in the past on products that were out of warranty or similar.

Last edited by nix; 12-09-2012 at 03:53 AM.
nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #60
Tambat

Drives: B5 S4 k04'd +
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZfan View Post
If you would do what you say you would do ---:

" hell, i would spend a couple days there just waiting for some kind of management to show up and then chew them out for trying to force hundreds of dollars of damage onto me"

--- It would seem to me that it would "get the best of me".

you are correct. i guess i was a little sensational with my planning. i wouldn't really spend 10+ hours a day waiting around for someone.. what i really meant to convey was that i would not let it go until i eventually spoke to management.

sometimes, its worth putting in more effort than you probably should have, just for the sake of principle. the feeling after winning when somebody tries to stick it to you is a great feeling.
Tambat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #61
BRZfan

Drives: 2013BRZ Premium St Silver Metallic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
BREWSKY SAYS: Defendant: I want to call a witness to the stand
Judge: Sorry, defendant, you can't call a witness. Case closed, judgment in favor of the prosecutor.

In small claims court this may not be the case. Small claims courts are much more lenient, the same rules may not apply as in civil, criminal, or traffic courts. There are no prosecutors or representing lawyers. Only the judge, defendant(s), plaintiff(s) and any witnesses one wants to bring and that includes the judge (for expert testimony). So "bad things" can be learned (or assumed) as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewksy View Post
I agree you can learn things from watching it - but you can also learn bad things as well.

For example: I was watching traffic court one day as the prosecutor was calling witnesses, evidence, etc. to be discussed and made his entire case. The defendant finally gets his turn and this is what happens:

Defendant: I want to call a witness to the stand

It was that quick - the defendant had crap loads of evidence and witnesses that he had prepared but didn't declare it to the prosecutor and was barred from bringing it in.

Just be careful when you go to court - there are no surprise witnesses or court dramas at all.
BRZfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #62
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
This is semi OT but check out this disgusting website:

They offer a weight loss system consisting of infecting oneself with the worm. Obviously a joke.

http://www.tapewormeggs.com/
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #63
jmaryt
Banned

kewl! you first! ehe! he! he!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #64
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix View Post
I am really sorry about what you've gone through, it's a bit of a nightmare and I hope that you get some kind of recompense. Most of us wash our cars very carefully by hand to avoid this kind of thing. You keep listing reasons why that's not acceptable to you, but at the end of the day you took a shortcut 'at your own risk'.

I think the advice given earlier is solid - try to go direct to the manufacturer and hope that you find a generous customer service manager etc. This non aggressive approach has served me well in the past on products that were out of warranty or similar.
yes! "generally" human nature being what it is,far more effective
treating the situation with "sugar" as opposed to "vinegar!" at least at first!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #65
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You should go to the Doctor and report that sharp pain you are feeling in your neck from the door smashing the top of your car.