follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #3725
thejevans
Rugger Extraordinaire
 
thejevans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 1997 Miata, R.I.P. 2013 Red FR-S
Location: Derwood, Maryland, United States
Posts: 538
Thanks: 142
Thanked 256 Times in 145 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrohit View Post
Anybody know any good graphics card (preferably nvidia) that can run on 350 watt power supply and can play most new games on high settings?
On a 350 watt? I don't think there is one. Even the low end of the current generation require 500W.
__________________
1994 Plymouth Acclaim - Engine died and went to cash for clunkers
2001 Dodge Neon R/T- Hydro-locked engine and parted out
2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V - Traded for next car
2013 Scion FR-S - Got taken out by a distracted driver while I was sleeping. Total loss.
1997 Mazda Miata - Current
thejevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #3726
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.
 
MmmHamSandwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S
Location: RVA
Posts: 705
Thanks: 160
Thanked 327 Times in 154 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My car ripped the rubber seal under the driver's window off this morning. The windows tried to do their auto retract routine yesterday morning and jammed down. By the time I got to work they still would not go up. I started the car and let it warm until there was no ice visible on the driver's window and tried to push up. The window went up but took the rubber trim with it.

I've got it pushed back down but whatever adhesive method it used has clearly failed, guess I'll be taking it to the dealer once again for a window issue.

Does it not get cold in Japan or something? I'm pretty sure it does, maybe they've magically never had frost over there? How the fuck has Subaru never realized their frameless door design blows balls? Why did Toyota not address this prior to production?
__________________

The Following User _________ Stay_Puft(09-13-2014)
Says Thank You to
MmmHamSandwich For
This Useful Post:

MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #3727
OrbitalEllipses
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Attitude
Location: MD
Posts: 10,048
Thanks: 884
Thanked 4,887 Times in 2,901 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrohit View Post
Anybody know any good graphics card (preferably nvidia) that can run on 350 watt power supply and can play most new games on high settings?
I have a 750w psu I can sell you.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #3728
civicdrivr
Senior Member
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 2018 Golf R
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,807
Thanks: 5,386
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmHamSandwich View Post
My car ripped the rubber seal under the driver's window off this morning. The windows tried to do their auto retract routine yesterday morning and jammed down. By the time I got to work they still would not go up. I started the car and let it warm until there was no ice visible on the driver's window and tried to push up. The window went up but took the rubber trim with it.

I've got it pushed back down but whatever adhesive method it used has clearly failed, guess I'll be taking it to the dealer once again for a window issue.

Does it not get cold in Japan or something? I'm pretty sure it does, maybe they've magically never had frost over there? How the fuck has Subaru never realized their frameless door design blows balls? Why did Toyota not address this prior to production?
In Toyotas defense, there are many issues they didn't address prior to production.

I don't envy you at the moment. I've yet to have a positive experience dealing with the Toyota service dept.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Parting out HERE
civicdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #3729
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.
 
MmmHamSandwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S
Location: RVA
Posts: 705
Thanks: 160
Thanked 327 Times in 154 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
In Toyotas defense, there are many issues they didn't address prior to production.

I don't envy you at the moment. I've yet to have a positive experience dealing with the Toyota service dept.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Which ones have you gone to so far?
__________________

The Following User _________ Stay_Puft(09-13-2014)
Says Thank You to
MmmHamSandwich For
This Useful Post:

MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:34 AM   #3730
civicdrivr
Senior Member
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 2018 Golf R
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,807
Thanks: 5,386
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmHamSandwich View Post
Which ones have you gone to so far?
Mostly Priority Toyota, but @wdninja had a crappy experience with McGeorge (or Haley, don't remember).

I've got to go back for four issues - tail lights again, hpfp, window seals, and shifter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Parting out HERE
civicdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:19 AM   #3731
DC-FRS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Location: NoVA
Posts: 345
Thanks: 60
Thanked 104 Times in 70 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Soooo I kinda let out my inner ricer on this one but Anybody who knows me or who has seen my build, knows I stick to pretty clean, flowing parts on my car. TRD, Nur spec (Toyota) etc. Parts are pretty much all I use. Don't go the whole slammed look, just want a clean look. But this past week I installed probably the first ricey thing I've done to my car. And I love it. Haha. I'll admit it's over the top, but at some point you just gotta have fun and like what you like and not care if others hate it. It actually doesn't look half bad. My latest addition:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  77.3 KB

Last edited by DC-FRS; 11-30-2013 at 02:40 AM.
DC-FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:22 AM   #3732
minted-rose
Member
 
minted-rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd
Location: Brawltimore, MD
Posts: 93
Thanks: 38
Thanked 42 Times in 31 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-FRS View Post
Soooo I kinda let out my inner ricer on this one but Anybody who knows me or who has seen my build, knows I stick to pretty clean, flowing parts on my car. TRD, Nur spec (Toyota) etc. Parts are pretty much all I use. Don't go the whole slammed look, just want a clean look. But this past week I installed probably the first ricey thing I've done to my car. And I love it. Haha. I'll admit it's over the top, but at some point you just gotta have fun and like what you like and not care if others hate it. It actually doesn't look half bad. My latest addition:

Attachment 58609
Omg light the way!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
minted-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #3733
DC-FRS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Location: NoVA
Posts: 345
Thanks: 60
Thanked 104 Times in 70 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minted-rose View Post
Omg light the way!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Lol That pic has all my lights on. Here's one with all the lights off:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  85.5 KB
DC-FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:31 AM   #3734
minted-rose
Member
 
minted-rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd
Location: Brawltimore, MD
Posts: 93
Thanks: 38
Thanked 42 Times in 31 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-FRS View Post
Lol That pic has all my lights on. Here's one with all the lights off:

Attachment 58613
That's a much better photo. I don't care what anyone says. That is so neat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
minted-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to minted-rose For This Useful Post:
DC-FRS (11-30-2013)
Old 11-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #3735
BirdTRD
Simply Forgotus
 
BirdTRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: 2014 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 789
Thanks: 653
Thanked 785 Times in 388 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteve View Post
Any networking / server admins on here? Have an older powervault 725n nas that I want to install a copy of windows server 2003 on. It's a giant pita because it doesn't have an optical drive and you can't boot via usb.

I have another server that I tried to setup to install the os using pxe but thus so far I have failed.

Who wants to come to my house and help me set it up lol.....

Have you tried saving the server 2003 .iso to the nas hard drive, mounting the .iso (with gizmo drive or some other drive mounting software) and doing an in place upgrade by running the winnt32.exe?
Just a thought.
BirdTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #3736
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-
 
Zaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,153
Thanks: 2,717
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrohit View Post
Anybody know any good graphics card (preferably nvidia) that can run on 350 watt power supply and can play most new games on high settings?
Im running a Geforce GTX 660 Ti EVGA Overclock , it's a card from last year and it's doing really well, you should look for something comparable now, the replacement is the GTX 760 SC you'll be happy with it, it wont break your bank you can find one for about 200$. If you want something cheaper you can look for older 660 for about 170$. Good luck : D

__________________

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #3737
OrbitalEllipses
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Attitude
Location: MD
Posts: 10,048
Thanks: 884
Thanked 4,887 Times in 2,901 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Im running a Geforce GTX 660 Ti EVGA Overclock , it's a card from last year and it's doing really well, you should look for something comparable now, the replacement is the GTX 760 SC you'll be happy with it, it wont break your bank you can find one for about 200$. If you want something cheaper you can look for older 660 for about 170$. Good luck : D

http://youtu.be/Zz30DhmTR4o
Never get a top end factory overclocked card. Spend the money on the reference version and overclock that. I also prefer eVGA, good choice there Zaku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Took summers off and filled them with air and mounted summers but tpms light is still going off. Was hoping filled summers 6 feet away would work but looks like a sensor could be dead. We'll find out in March.
BAHA, FUCK YOU! Guess it needed a few start/stop cycles, because I've been parking the car near the summer setup after I filled them and the light's off! YES!!! No annoying tire light this winter!
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
Zaku (12-01-2013)
Old 12-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #3738
FRSTRM
Baby LFA
 
FRSTRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: Baby LFA
Location: VA
Posts: 1,374
Thanks: 423
Thanked 640 Times in 444 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
For those of you interested in a Remember Paul Walker Meet Dec 6th

https://www.facebook.com/events/588222111250900/
https://www.facebook.com/events/230261677144896/
FRSTRM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSTRM For This Useful Post:
kanundrum (12-02-2013)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mid-Atlantic spotting thread OMNOM Mid-Atlantic 7393 07-11-2019 05:58 PM
*Chat* Vancouver FR-S/BRZ Members Mumbo Jumbo Thread peazs CANADA 1397 06-28-2019 12:17 PM
Its The Mid Week Chat! vividracing Off-Topic Lounge 17 07-09-2012 01:31 AM
#ft86club chat room ayau Off-Topic Lounge 1 03-02-2012 11:53 PM
FT86Club IIRC Chat Zaku Off-Topic Lounge 2 12-12-2011 10:36 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.