follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-27-2016, 02:28 AM   #1
mattaubel

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP!!!! CLUTCH ISSUE

I've been searching through the forums and am having trouble finding threads on my issues.

Anyways, today I was driving through some really steep hills. I got through them fine no problem and I got onto the freeway and when I pressed on the clutch pedal to shift from 4th to 5th it got stuck all the way down? I kept driving and pulled over to a gas station and I smelled a burning clutch. I did a check to see if it was slipping and it engaged fine but the pedal just feels loose when I shift (feels ok when at a standstill or cars off).. I'm not sure what happened or if this is covered by warranty I was on hills for about 20 minutes of driving? I got the car about a month ago and it had 7000miles on it (2015 FRS).

Anyone know any things I can do to trouble shoot? Help point me in the right direction for other threads? Should I take it into the dealer (I have bumper to bumper?)

Idk if maybe it just over heated the clutch plate and I should wait till tomorrow to check out if the problem is still there?

I'll have to say though... Having your clutch pedal stuck all the way down and having to manually pull it up with your foot is scary af on the freeway..
mattaubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:30 AM   #2
mattaubel

More info also, there's a persisting rattle sound (sounds like vibrating metal on metal). It might be my exhaust hangers but I'm not 100%
Old 07-27-2016, 02:54 AM   #3
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,867 Times in 16,441 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
You might wish to check your car's clutch/brake fluid level.

Since you car is covered under warranty, I'd suggest you take it in to a dealer for a check up.

Something ain't right ......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
mattaubel (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 03:03 AM   #4
mattaubel

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
You might wish to check your car's clutch/brake fluid level.

Since you car is covered under warranty, I'd suggest you take it in to a dealer for a check up.

Something ain't right ......

humfrz
something definitely aint right. So sad... clutch isnt covered by toyota so fingers crossed its the master cylinder! Installing a new clutch means no coilovers for a while....