follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 10-24-2012, 04:27 AM   #127
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
Most Android devices are far more intuitive than iOS devices. Nexus ones are for sure.

And if it's for your car, just look at Torque. If that doesn't make up your mind, you're a hard core iSheep.
Lol I played with torque on my friends phone.. But since I don't have a android device, I bought dashcommand. I don't see what torque does that this doesn't.

I'm not a isheep lol I'm well aware that iOS devices are overpriced and inferior
That's why my laptop is a toshiba, my desktop is custom built by me, and my iPhone is free with contract. Only thing apple did good was iPod, since my iPod died from impact when iPhone3 came out here and my contract expired, I decided to get iPhone since it killed 2 birds with one stone for free if my contract didn't expire, and my iPod didn't die, I would have never gotten a iPhone, I would have stuck with Samsung like I always have. At the time, sansungs in phone music players were shit.
The apps on iOS I have bought since have been transferred to new phones since day one, and that's why I want to get a mini so I can use the same apps without having to pay again..
If I could run iOS on a nexus and use my apps, I wouldn't be having this dilemma..
The only reason I have the dilemma is Cus the ipad mini is essentially shit compared to the nexus, it's inferior in every way, except the legacy that iOS has with my wallet and connectivity with my car lol
And tomtom on my iPhone follows me all te way thru Clem7 tunnel, that app I respect
/threadjack
Old 10-24-2012, 04:45 AM   #128
mooshoepork

Drives: Hilux
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
The only reason I have the dilemma is Cus the ipad mini is essentially shit compared to the nexus, it's inferior in every way, except the legacy that iOS has with my wallet and connectivity with my car lol
And tomtom on my iPhone follows me all te way thru Clem7 tunnel, that app I respect
/threadjack
I get it's cool to hate on Apple. But seriously.

iPod mini has a bigger screen, is thinner, lighter. Hard to compare resolution given the size differences. Similarly it's difficult to compare CPU based on numbers. Android and IOS are so different. Nexus 7 is relatively smooth (smoothest android tablet I've used) but its not as good as an iPad 3. iPad mini might have less ram than nexus too, although this is unconfirmed. Mini has a better camera and battery life.

The end point though is this. They are in a different price bracket. Is the extra worth it for the iOS ecosystem? Maybe, maybe not. That's up to you. Having owned a Nexus 7 since launch though, I know I'll selling mine.
mooshoepork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #129
70NYD

I'm not hating on anything, I give credit where it's due, and iPod was and in my opinion still is the best MP3 player period. iTunes I love, precisely because its so organized, the reason why people hate it.. Macs are good in one hand but overly expensive for what they are

Nexus has a better resolution, albeit smaller screen... Camera who cares I have a 16mp waterproof point and shoot that fits in my pocket and a dslr. Camera on phones etc I don't care for that much because aperture and sensor size determine quality of photo, something that will never be good on the phone for at least next few years (even the Nokia 808 will not take clearer photos that my Nikon even if it has near 3 times the pixels)
I have made up my mind. I will wait a week or so to see if a 32gb nexus comes out and then go from the price onwards. I've just checked out the equivalent apps for android, and it will cost me $60 more to get tomtom and torque on android, that's a price I'm willing to pay to get potentially better tablet
Seriously this is it from me no more thread jacking.
Cheers
Old 10-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #130
Surok
Wise old man

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Omg can we please stop talking about iPads I'm this thread...
Surok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #131
ZZT86

Drives: BR86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Hey guys, this is a forum about a car ! How old is the "new" card? If it's been about for months then it should have been included with the HU, otherwise it will all come down to negotiation with Toyota or the dealer for it OR hacking the existing to update it.
ZZT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #132
Sutty

Drives: Sonic Blue 86 GTS 6AT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZT86 View Post
Hey guys, this is a forum about a car ! How old is the "new" card? If it's been about for months then it should have been included with the HU, otherwise it will all come down to negotiation with Toyota or the dealer for it OR hacking the existing to update it.
I got an email from TMCA today (not got in on my iPad to paste into thread, it's on my iMac and iPhone!!!) The SD card was updated at the end of September. My dealership said "no" to free update, but was going to see what price he could do for me.

Guess I'll have to hope someone can get a work around going.
Sutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #133
ZZT86

Drives: BR86
Mmmmm, fuck me ! I use both Mac & IBM computers = much of a muchness, different look. iOS good, Android more customisable
ZZT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #134
Ryan1JZ

Drives: AE93, JZZ30, ZN6
go banana
Ryan1JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #135
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Drives: White 86 GTS Auto [CID- ***]
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to davey90
Ok...back to topic....

I think i may have found a way to update the maps to Version 18. Seems legit

will have to try when i get home after work. will also need to buy a blank DVD-R disk... if i can find one...i think we mainly user DVD+R for burning stuff, right?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #136
st162celica

Drives: 86 GTS Manual - Tornado Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey90 View Post
Ok...back to topic....

I think i may have found a way to update the maps to Version 18. Seems legit

will have to try when i get home after work. will also need to buy a blank DVD-R disk... if i can find one...i think we mainly user DVD+R for burning stuff, right?
Most common is DVD-R

DVD+R are the hard ones to get... cant remember the difference, but it doesn't matter.
st162celica is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to st162celica For This Useful Post:
ChocolateNick (10-24-2012), davey90 (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #137
proficience

Drives: Velocity Orange 86 GTS M/T
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey90 View Post
They should both work methinks. Not much difference at all between them
proficience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #138
Skorov

Drives: 86 GTS White
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I think almost all blanks are DVD+R (since +R incorporates -R, I think). Man... I haven't touched DVDs in years now.

Let us know how you go Davey!
Skorov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skorov For This Useful Post:
davey90 (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #139
70NYD

You can get the +- ones from memory
They are different in the way they work, but only some devices need one or other
Old 10-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #140
ChocolateNick

Drives: Sonic Blue GTS AT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by st162celica View Post
Most common is DVD-R

DVD+R are the hard ones to get... cant remember the difference, but it doesn't matter.
From memory the only difference is the way they burn. No difference in the end result. I think these days most DVD's are -r but most drives take either. (going from memory so I could easily be wrong)