follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 12-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #29
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hmm too bad it wasn't Sunny in Japan Tokyo area where they tested, it was because it was rainy the entire week near TMS. Otherwise we'll have all the reviews in Sunny Dry conditions. Now to wait for the on the city roads review.

oh and Sorry about that XD

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #30
Re_Invention

Drives: '22 Tacoma, '19 Macan, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
I think the best reviews that this car could get were the smile and the laughs that he was letting out as he was driving it.
Me too. If it can make me laugh, it's the right car for me.
Re_Invention is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #31
virobloc

Drives: Toyota GT86, MT, Kyuzo Red
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know what the yellow light flashing in the dash is? It can be seen at 1:45 and many other ocassions.

I would say it is the ESP, but the car is drifting so it is supposed to be disconnected, isn't it?

Could it be the ESP in its intermediate stage? The ABS?
Old 12-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #32
Lordharding

Drives: Subaru WRXd & classic turbo 2000
Fantastic car
I dont need a test drive for what I've read and seen on this great forum
Bring it in
Lordharding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #33
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,340 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
This car will drift stock under normal, dry conditions. 200hp on a 2700lb vehicle is ample to break loose. You just have to know what youre doing. Drifting itself is easy. its when you start adding in other factors....ie tandem runs along side another vehicle, changing and extending your line etc. where you have to be on top of things and know what the hell youre doing.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #34
Kids Heart

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft86Fan View Post
Did someone in another thread said Ken Gushi can't drive and he misses an apex by 3 feet and not worthy to be the spokesman of this car? Unbelievable. That same person would probably pee in his little under pants if he went along for this ride.
Lets get this straight. Gushi is a damn good driver and drifter but is not the best America has to offer. My point is there are other drivers that don't have a ride for the 2012 season that have more accomplishments than Gushi.
Kids Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #35
goopi

Drives: 91' Toyota MR2 Turbo (T-Top)
Garage
So quiet in the cabin.
goopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #36
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,340 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kids Heart View Post
Lets get this straight. Gushi is a damn good driver and drifter but is not the best America has to offer. My point is there are other drivers that don't have a ride for the 2012 season that have more accomplishments than Gushi.
^this. Cant tell you how many times ive seen him put a mustang or scion tc into a wall or something during formula d.

Hes not bad but when it comes to professional driving, not much accomplished. They need to put immamura or kazama behind the wheel and let them go at it. They put every fd driver to shame!!!
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #37
NikostC
JDM Enthusiast

Drives: Scion tC
Very cool video. Now im sold on this car XD
NikostC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #38
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
^this. Cant tell you how many times ive seen him put a mustang or scion tc into a wall or something during formula d.

Hes not bad but when it comes to professional driving, not much accomplished. They need to put immamura or kazama behind the wheel and let them go at it. They put every fd driver to shame!!!

your post reminded me of this video

[u2b]12h_YMu3IPQ[/u2b]
Old 12-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #39
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenadar View Post
The cheapest of the "FT-86" concept models, on the lowest grip tires, with a suspension deliberately set up to make it easier to drift, sold with a dealer badge that markets to new drivers...

Does anyone else see this turning out well for FR-S insurance rates?

Don't get me wrong, I love what they've done with the car as a whole, but the FR-s just has a lot of stuff being tweaked in favor of quite a few young driver accidents. And you can't rely on the stability control, since those young drivers are the ones most likely to disable it.
Most original owners of this car won't be first time drivers. They can't afford it. But your point brings up what I see as the big picture...

In the 70's/80's, Japanese drivers messed with their little cars, crashed, improved, and developed a culture. In Europe, it was the roadster. These cultures were subtly implanted into US soil in the form of the AE86 and Miata but never gained momentum over automatic, obese, straight line speed cars.

European and Japanese markets have more entry level enthusiast cars to choose from. I know from always having to d/l or stream their better TV programs about cars. We lack that purist appreciation.

Toyota/Subaru aren't subtly planting a seed this time around; they're blatantly shoving it in our faces putting in a lot of upfront cost to get a revolution going. Insurance premiums are a cost/growing pain we might have to bear as we adapt to be better drivers and, hopefully, a country of enthusiasts with more sports cars to choose from.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #40
Kids Heart

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post

Not to mention Ken Gushi is a known brake checker.

If we want a top ae86 driver I'll Take Yoshioka or Ueo any day. Yoshioka is actually the only AE86 to take a Formula D win and he speaks good english. I'd rather him with Scion than in a Enjuku v8 240sx.
Kids Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #41
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente

Drives: U Mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
Most original owners of this car won't be first time drivers. They can't afford it. But your point brings up what I see as the big picture...

In the 70's/80's, Japanese drivers messed with their little cars, crashed, improved, and developed a culture. In Europe, it was the roadster. These cultures were subtly implanted into US soil in the form of the AE86 and Miata but never gained momentum over automatic, obese, straight line speed cars.

European and Japanese markets have more entry level enthusiast cars to choose from. I know from always having to d/l or stream their better TV programs about cars. We lack that purist appreciation.

Higher insurance premiums are a temporary growing pain as we adapt to be better drivers and, hopefully, a country of enthusiasts with more entry level sports cars to choose from. Toyota/Subaru is putting in a lot of upfront cost to get this revolution going. We might have to, also. And they are subtly planting a seed this time around; they're blatantly shoving it in our faces.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #42
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
To add, yes the FR-S will *bring* hordes of young people and their parents to Scion dealerships. They'll snap pics of the FR-S and upload to FB. Then *we* will drive it off the lot as they drive away in their new xB or iQ. The GT-R sells the 370Z/G37 and LFA sells GS/IS. Halo effect.

Tags
drift, exhaust, fr-s drifting, fr-s forum, fr-s forums, fr-s reviews, frs forum, frs forums, frs review, interior, ken gushi, ken gushi fr-s, ken gushi frs, ken gushi scion fr-s, scion fr-s drift, scion fr-s drifting, scion fr-s forum, scion fr-s forums, scion fr-s ken gushi, scion fr-s review, scion fr-s reviews, scion frs drifting, scion frs forum, scion frs forums, scion frs ken gushi, scion frs review, scion frs reviews, subaru brz drift, subaru brz drifting