follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Xbox One vs PS4
Xbox One 138 30.13%
PS4 283 61.79%
Undecided 56 12.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 458. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #575
DBacon1052

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Yeah you caught me before my ninja edit.
DBacon1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #576
DBacon1052

Garage
Am I the only one who is bummed about the Xbox 180? The features that we lost far outweigh the features that we're getting now. If you don't understand, here's the breakdown

What we get: No DRM and the choice to be offline for more than 24 hours. (BTW, You never had to check in every day. You had to check in every 24 hours after you start a game)

What we lose: Sharing game library with any 10 people any time. Storing disc games in the cloud and being able to play them anywhere.

The only thing MS messed up was communication. The policies really weren't as bad as everyone was making them out to be. Believe it or not, MS wasn't out to screw everyone over. They just wanted to deliver the best features they could. That requires some consequences.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DBacon1052 For This Useful Post:
cfusionpm (06-20-2013), HeubergerMotors (06-20-2013), speedy07 (06-20-2013), VADER (06-21-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #577
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBacon1052 View Post
Am I the only one who is bummed about the Xbox 180? The features that we lost far outweigh the features that we're getting now. If you don't understand, here's the breakdown

What we get: No DRM and the choice to be offline for more than 24 hours. (BTW, You never had to check in every day. You had to check in every 24 hours after you start a game)

What we lose: Sharing game library with any 10 people any time. Storing disc games in the cloud and being able to play them anywhere.

The only thing MS messed up was communication. The policies really weren't as bad as everyone was making them out to be. Believe it or not, MS wasn't out to screw everyone over. They just wanted to deliver the best features they could. That requires some consequences.
Definitely not the only one.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=539

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=545

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=555

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cfusionpm For This Useful Post:
DBacon1052 (06-20-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #578
Mango22
Winter is Coming

Drives: GBS BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
The point of including it was to integrate it into the system. Now ALL game developers can take advantage of voice commands and motion controls. This will encourage more to actually USE it since their market share of hardware is 100% and not less than 20%.

The reason the original Kinect and PS Eye Toy/Move sucked so much was because no one really used it or did anything cool with it. And why would they? Why spend time, money, and resources developing something great and amazing for a product virtually no one had or used?
Kinect and other body movement based adapted games remind me of someone line dancing, you have to learn the repetitive moves before you can move like a robot. I don't care for line dancing or repetitive robot movements. Maybe thats why it hasnt taken off like they expected...Just saying

Here's two guy who are worn out from playing Kinect all night. I hear they are forming a class action lawsuit against MS... lol
[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dIBwqeLbFOo"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dIBwqeLbFOo[/ame]
Mango22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #579
DBacon1052

Garage
Good to know. I've only been on gaming forums for the past few days and they're just infested with people who are rejoicing over the policies being gone.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #580
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
You guys must love to have restrictions on a console which major function is to game offline. Not me! Maybe some of you guys are really young but I come from the era where gaming on a Nintendo Entertainment System and SEGA Genesis didn't require no internet connection. I could care less about playing some complete stranger online. I like freedom of CHOICE(and most gamers do to) which sounds like something some of you guys would give up for reasons unknown(possible fanboism?) I am not linked to any gaming company as I own a 360 right now and I can't stand to use a friggin Kinect. I'm old fashioned, give me a controller that works and that's all I need. Do not force something on people that most won't/care to use. I don't play dance games or interactive, pretending like I'm bowling type games. This is why I love competition because if it wasn't for competition companies would try to screw us daily. The PS4 is stronger and I'm not forced to own a PS Move plus it has no restrictions just like its predecessor and the system cost about $50 more than a 32GB Wii U while being completely 12 steps ahead of it. Another thing that bugs me with the 360 is how MS made the base model come with 4GB in order to make you spend more while Sony offered there base product with 160GB+Blu-Ray standard and no need for buying batteries for the controller. If you really think about it? MS is way more money hungry so no I do believe MS was out to screw consumers with X1 so I can understand both sides of the story.
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SUB-FT86 For This Useful Post:
slicktop (06-20-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #581
speedy07

Drives: 2015 Subaru Brz Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I was actually looking forward to all the new things they were going to implement! I had no issues with them at all. This is why it's called a new generation of gaming not the same generation of gaming.... This is our fault! Hopefully down the road on Xbox some of these things they took away they will put back!
I honestly felt like we screwed ourselves
http://www.dorkly.com/article/52521/...e-announcement
speedy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #582
cfusionpm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-FT86 View Post
You guys must love to have restrictions on a console which major function is to game offline. Not me! Maybe some of you guys are really young but I come from the era where gaming on a Nintendo Entertainment System and SEGA Genesis didn't require no internet connection. I could care less about playing some complete stranger online. I like freedom of CHOICE(and most gamers do to) which sounds like something some of you guys would give up for reasons unknown(possible fanboism?) I am not linked to any gaming company as I own a 360 right now and I can't stand to use a friggin Kinect. I'm old fashioned, give me a controller that works and that's all I need. Do not force something on people that most won't/care to use. I don't play dance games or interactive, pretending like I'm bowling type games. This is why I love competition because if it wasn't for competition companies would try to screw us daily. The PS4 is stronger and I'm not forced to own a PS Move plus it has no restrictions just like its predecessor and the system cost about $50 more than a 32GB Wii U while being completely 12 steps ahead of it.
I'm 28 and still have my Genesis from 1993. Also have my PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, JPS2, PS3, XBOX 360, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Pocket Color, Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, and PSP. You can read all about my opinions in the links above.

Quote:
Another thing that bugs me with the 360 is how MS made the base model come with 4GB in order to make you spend more while Sony offered there base product with 160GB+Blu-Ray standard and no need for buying batteries for the controller.
Base model of 360 Core was also $100 less. At launch, it was $399 for a "Premium" model, $299 for a Core without HDD. At launch, PS3 was $499 and $599, with the only real differences being HD size. The $399 model of 360 came with component HD cables and a wired headset mic. Even the cheapest $499 model of PS3 came with no HD cables and no mic at all, wired or wireless.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #583
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
They work on slow calculated small risk ventures while continuing to capitalize on what currently works with striking success and efficiency. Big innovation steps are few and far between.
Doing no research, Japan has Sony and Nintendo. Both have made ten fold what Microsoft's gaming division has. Their network infrastructure stomps on the United States. They're going to be making royalties on every Xbox One sold because of blu-ray.

Fairly sure the PS4 has a superior hardware setup. Time will tell on software, but who knows.
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #584
cfusionpm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
Doing no research, Japan has Sony and Nintendo. Both have made ten fold what Microsoft's gaming division has. Their network infrastructure stomps on the United States. They're going to be making royalties on every Xbox One sold because of blu-ray.

Fairly sure the PS4 has a superior hardware setup. Time will tell on software, but who knows.
Home computer technology was pretty much invented and pioneered by Microsoft in America. Bill Gates, its founder, is one of the richest men in the world, and Microsoft is one of the most influential companies in computing while having more net worth than all but a handful of other businesses. But that's neither here nor there.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #585
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Quote:
I'm 28 and still have my Genesis from 1993. Also have my PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, JPS2, PS3, XBOX 360, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Pocket Color, Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, and PSP. You can read all about my opinions in the links above.

Base model of 360 Core was also $100 less. At launch, it was $399 for a "Premium" model, $299 for a Core without HDD. At launch, PS3 was $499 and $599, with the only real differences being HD size. The $399 model of 360 came with component HD cables and a wired headset mic. Even the cheapest $499 model of PS3 came with no HD cables and no mic at all, wired or wireless.
But back then you paid $100 more for more storage, no batteries in the controller and not having to buy a blu-ray player which cost about $599 by it self in 06. But I was talking more recently about the latest generations within the cycle.

4GB Xbox 360 with no internal batteries and blu-ray $199.99
160GB PS3 with blu-ray and no need for batteries $249.99

I would rather have more storage and the ease of no batteries to buy or replace vs a Kinect 2.0. They seem more essential to gaming to me. Also I am 28 too so I know you know where I'm coming from.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #586
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Home computer technology was pretty much invented and pioneered by Microsoft in America. Bill Gates, its founder, is one of the richest men in the world, and Microsoft is one of the most influential companies in computing while having more net worth than all but a handful of other businesses. But that's neither here nor there.
You're right.

But I still disagree with Xbox One and will never buy one.
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #587
SUB-FT86
86 Member

The only reason I bought a 360 was for Forza 3-4! I'm not a fan of GT 1-2-3-4 but I kinda liked 5 but not as much as FM. Fighting games sucks big time on 360 and feels way better on PS3 IMO. Campaign/Adventure Action games is a toss up between both systems controllers. I will probably own both systems but I will choose PS4 first. Money isn't a issue unless you don't like to save.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #588
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I understand a lot of people are upset that they're losing the originally planned features, but what everyone seems to skip over is that "family sharing" was never ironed out. In fact, when someone asked them in a Tweet they responded that they would release details on how it worked later on. There was never any guarantee that you could share with any ten people, just that ten people in your family would have access to your library.

I would be interested to see what kind of methods and checks they had in mind, because I have a feeling when they said "family sharing" they meant actual family, as in household members. Would they require all names to be tied to a XBL gold account, a single credit card? Would they need address confirmation? I suppose we won't know now, but I think that Microsoft leaving it freely open for you to have a game in your library and just let any ten people play it is a case of "if it sounds too good to be true..."
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote