follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
YeloFva

Drives: 2006 Subaru STI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The BRZ is in Ohio!

Hello guys!

Just wanted to let you know that if you are within or near Cleveland, OH......the BRZ is here! I saw it today at the Cleveland Auto Show which ends this Sunday. The spokeswoman for Subaru was extremly helpful & pleasant. I was just standing behind the rope taking pix when she opened it up and asked if I wanted to sit inside and take more pix. I was shocked because everyone else could only stand around & gawk. I think the uniform had a LOT to do with it

Now keep in mind I drive a lowered STI. But when I sat inside the BRZ it was almost like sitting 6 inches from the floor. It is really that low. If you suffer from back problems this is not the car for you. What I loved most were the seats. Veeery supportive. As I took pix she gave me the whole spill on the car, even though I already knew about the details, I didn't want to burst her bubble. Oh, and FYI when I asked about the price she could only say mid 20's and that the auto was like a $1200 option. On to the pix....

I have more, but it's nothing you guys haven't seen already
Old 03-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing, why do I have the feeling that it's the same car as DC lol

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
iLuveKetchup
My VTEC fluid is full

Drives: EFF JAY
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I was never interested in silver, but these photos are making me think twice.

To the OP, the STi will definitely feel taller. The seating position is like sitting in a high chair (especially in GDs).
iLuveKetchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloFva View Post
Hello guys!

Just wanted to let you know that if you are within or near Cleveland, OH......the BRZ is here! I saw it today at the Cleveland Auto Show which ends this Sunday. The spokeswoman for Subaru was extremly helpful & pleasant. I was just standing behind the rope taking pix when she opened it up and asked if I wanted to sit inside and take more pix. I was shocked because everyone else could only stand around & gawk. I think the uniform had a LOT to do with it

Now keep in mind I drive a lowered STI. But when I sat inside the BRZ it was almost like sitting 6 inches from the floor. It is really that low. If you suffer from back problems this is not the car for you. What I loved most were the seats. Veeery supportive. As I took pix she gave me the whole spill on the car, even though I already knew about the details, I didn't want to burst her bubble. Oh, and FYI when I asked about the price she could only say mid 20's and that the auto was like a $1200 option. On to the pix....

I have more, but it's nothing you guys haven't seen already

Thanks for the pics but we already have a perfect thread for your post right here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2983

It fits much better in there. Thanks.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
YeloFva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Thanks for sharing, why do I have the feeling that it's the same car as DC lol
Your welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuveKetchup View Post
To the OP, the STi will definitely feel taller. The seating position is like sitting in a high chair (especially in GDs).
So true. When I sat down in the BRZ my first words were "Woah!" because I wasn't used to sitting in something so low. And to think this is with an OEM suspension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
Thanks for the pics but we already have a perfect thread for your post right here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2983

It fits much better in there. Thanks.
Sorry about that. I figured it would be better to start a thread on it so it wouldn't get lost in pages & pages of another thread. Especially since it will only be here for 3 more days. I wanted to ensure the locals had a chance to see it.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloFva View Post
Your welcome

So true. When I sat down in the BRZ my first words were "Woah!" because I wasn't used to sitting in something so low. And to think this is with an OEM suspension!

Sorry about that. I figured it would be better to start a thread on it so it wouldn't get lost in pages & pages of another thread. Especially since it will only be here for 3 more days. I wanted to ensure the locals had a chance to see it.

No worries. An even better spot is your regional forum.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I was never interested in silver, but these photos are making me think twice.

Silver is so damn easy to maintain it isn't funny. Current car is silver and plan to replace with Silver.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
iLuveKetchup
My VTEC fluid is full

Drives: EFF JAY
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistpoint View Post
Silver is so damn easy to maintain it isn't funny. Current car is silver and plan to replace with Silver.
Yea... I had a PSM STi and the SSM BRZ will be close in color. Might end up with SSM afterall. I can't say it enough, a dream come true would be a BRZ in Aspen White.
iLuveKetchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #9
just86

Drives: 2013 genesis rspec
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
seem like no legroom at all in the back seat
just86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Whats the interior feel like? I was really disappointed with the impreza loaner i got a few weeks ago :/

Oh you have a GD. How does it compare to your STi? I had an 07 for a few years.
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #11
borge12

Drives: Tie Fighter
I just got back from sitting in the very same car. I was standing around talking to the Subaru guy, told him I had a deposit on an FRS (First 86) and he said "want to sit in it?"

I wish I coulld tell you what the interior was like, but, honestly, I was too excited to take in anything. Like a small child not being able to decide which present to open first.

The one thing I did notice was the lack of rear legroom. I am 6'2" and, the seat was comfortable and there was absolutely no room between the back of my seat and the second row. You aren't going to fit people back there.

The rep also put the back seats down, after several minutes of trying. The trunk has a decent amount of room, and you really will be able to carry a decent amount with the seat down.

Anyways, I want one, real bad.

PS - the rep said it was starting around 25k
borge12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #12
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
That's good to know about height. I'm about the same.

Im really curious how cheap the center console, door panels, and dash buttons feel.
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:45 AM   #13
Subaruwrxfan

Drives: 2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Sweet! Good info! I'm finally back in Pittsburgh now, and Cleveland is fairly close, might drive there this weekend to check it out since I was out of town for the Pittsburgh show! Thanks for posting this!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:54 AM   #14
YeloFva

Quote:
I can't say it enough, a dream come true would be a BRZ in Aspen White.
Ditto! My car on a sunny day is so freak'en bright, lol, I love it! I'm sure they will eventually release the car in that color considering how popular the Panda 86's are/were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just86 View Post
seem like no legroom at all in the back seat
There isn't. That 3rd picture was taken before I sat inside. I'm 5'9", so once inside I moved the seat forward maybe 2-3 inches or about where the passenger seat is. And you can see how much room there is behind the passenger seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_ View Post
Whats the interior feel like? I was really disappointed with the impreza loaner i got a few weeks ago :/

Oh you have a GD. How does it compare to your STi? I had an 07 for a few years.
The interior build & quality is very similar to my Suby. It's kind of hard to describe, but everything felt light and thin. It's like you had everything you needed & nothing you didn't. I'm sure that was the plan to achieve the desired weight though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_ View Post
Im really curious how cheap the center console, door panels, and dash buttons feel.
I really didn't mess with that too much. One thing that did stand out was how cheap the gauge cluster looked. It was a bit too plain. It looked like they placed a cardboard cut-out in its place until they could finish making the real thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaruwrxfan View Post
Sweet! Good info! I'm finally back in Pittsburgh now, and Cleveland is fairly close, might drive there this weekend to check it out since I was out of town for the Pittsburgh show! Thanks for posting this!
Great & I'm glad I could help. The were also handing out 4 page pamphlets with details of the car. Be sure to pick one up