follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List
Pat.Thornton

Old 02-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #15
Neekowahhhh
Enthusiast

Drives: Crystal Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZNutt View Post
Did you get your car back yet?

Still have it, waiting for parts to come in before I leave it with them.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #16
BRZNutt

Drives: 2014 DGM Subaru Impreza 2.0i 5 Door
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Good move. Curious to see how this plays out for you. I have the honking sound but I dread letting my dealer touch my car.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #17
dkstylezz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Clutch squeak

when pressed down the clutch pedal makes exactly the same sound on the op video. called Subaru sherman oaks today and will get the car checked out tomorrow morning.. will keep posting updates.. hope its nothing serious..

also i have noticed a metalic winding sound from either the transmission or the brakes.. its hard to audit with the car being loud as it is stock. will be checking the noise too.

Just when i thought i couldt start ignoring the damn crickets..
dkstylezz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dkstylezz For This Useful Post:
BRO8A86 (05-02-2016)
Old 02-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #18
ericmpena

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Mine just started doing this yesterday.
I can actually feel the clutch feel a little "crunchy" when it's almost fully pressed down. I can get the squeaky noise pretty much on demand. Guess I'll take it in and see what they say. It's definitely loud enough for it to bother me. Sucks.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #19
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Drives: '18 MX-5 Club
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmpena View Post
I can actually feel the clutch feel a little "crunchy" when it's almost fully pressed down.
I can feel that on mine too.
Just curious. Does yours always make that noise? Mine makes the noise only after I drive for about 45 minutes. Just like the video on this thread says.
Sigh-on-Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #20
Neekowahhhh
Enthusiast

Drives: Crystal Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Hey guys, So I picked up my car today. I dropped it off on Monday at Irvine Subaru and was told that it would be a day or two before it would be ready. After not receiving a call by wednesday, I called Thursday morning to see the progress on the repairs(entire clutch assembly/water pump/left tail light) and was told that it should be finished by today.

Went in just before noon and scooped her up. When I had originally taken the car in to diagnose the issue, the techs never took the clutch/trans down. They assumed that it was the entire assembly and ordered in the parts. When I asked what the issue was, they said that the throttle bearing was seizing and causing the rest of the assembly to do so as well. They replaced everything in the clutch assembly, including my flywheel. Overall, I had a great experience with Irvine Subaru.

A lot of Dealers can and will be sticklers about things like this for whatever reason. The service guy I dealt with was Sebastian, and he took good care of me. I was thoroughly expecting to have to fight with Subaru to explain that it was due to fault on the parts but they owned up, and repaired at no cost to me. I know some of you guys don't live in or around the OC area, but if you want you're stuff taken care of, call and ask for Sebastian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZNutt View Post
Good move. Curious to see how this plays out for you. I have the honking sound but I dread letting my dealer touch my car.
Well, I hope for your sake, you let them repair it on their dime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstylezz View Post
when pressed down the clutch pedal makes exactly the same sound on the op video. called Subaru sherman oaks today and will get the car checked out tomorrow morning.. will keep posting updates.. hope its nothing serious..

also i have noticed a metalic winding sound from either the transmission or the brakes.. its hard to audit with the car being loud as it is stock. will be checking the noise too.

Just when i thought i couldt start ignoring the damn crickets..
Good luck man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigh-on-Rice View Post
Just curious. Does yours always make that noise? Mine makes the noise only after I drive for about 45 minutes. Just like the video on this thread says.

I'd take it in and see if it was the same issue that I was having
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neekowahhhh For This Useful Post:
JMon85 (09-05-2018), mokinbird87 (06-10-2014), Sigh-on-Rice (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #21
ericmpena

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigh-on-Rice View Post
I'll have to check it out today. I'll keep track on how long I'm driving for before I notice it.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:07 AM   #22
ericmpena

Garage
So...my clutch squeaks all the time, not only after 45 min. At least I won't have to worry about not being able to demonstrate the issue to the dealership.
What I DO have to worry about though is them giving me some BS about it not being covered because I have LED interior bulbs or something stupid like that.
They've been a pain to deal with about the crickets...so I wouldn't be surprised if they try to avoid addressing my issue.
Definitely seems like they're trained to deflect warranty claims by giving bullshit excuses rather than actually fixing things.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:51 AM   #23
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
see also http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49020
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to radroach For This Useful Post:
Sigh-on-Rice (02-17-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 01:52 AM   #24
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
mine doesn't have the squeaky shoes problem, but it did feel a little rough afterwards, and then worked itself out. One thing it does is honk every so often if I'm not double clutch rev matching on a downshift.
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #25
aagun

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
Rather than my bearing going out, it was a dry shift fork. I took mine in for warranty and had it lubricated. It took about 30m and the sound went away.
+100

i had same issues and i grease it , it is gone
aagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:09 AM   #26
Raven604

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhj View Post
Does it almost sound like someone barely tapping their horn? This might have happened to me a few times today. I thought someone was honking at me. Not a full honk but like barely tapping. And then I started thinking maybe my clutch pedal made that sound. It was a really weird loud squeak sound. Not squeak like a mouse but deeper like a rusty gate opening or something. And it was very brief like a fraction of a second.
I've had this sounds for months. It's the throttle body according to Toyota and completely normal... Yeah right.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Raven604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #27
MaXimus
Meh!

Drives: Satin White, 86, Manual
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I had exactly the same issue. Just been to the dealer and they fixed that....think it was just greased. I'm going back tomorrow for other issue not fixed and will ask what they did.
RAYS TE37V 17X9 / MICHELIN 245/40/R17 / KW V3 / RACESENG TOP HATS / MOTUL 5.1 + BRAIDED LINES / FERODO DS2500 BRAKE PADS / NEXUS 7 IN DASH / VDS UEL HEADERS / CRAWFORD POWER BLOCKS/ K&N DROP IN FILTER / Custom 3 inch header back catless exhaust / Varex 3in Muffler / HT AUTO LIP KIT / VALENTI TAIL LIGHTS / MORIMOTO PROJECTOR + HID.
MaXimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:31 AM   #28
stratodyne

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Lightning Red
Sounds like it's confirmed that this is, in most cases, the clutch pedal fork needing additional lubrication? My squeak has been livable, but is starting to get worse to the point of it squeaking on clutch actuation while the engine is idling