follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-31-2015, 12:09 AM   #113
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
How old are you?
Old 01-31-2015, 12:22 AM   #114
nab335

Drives: e92 335i, FRS, Lexus ls400
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've had some really bad luck lol. Theres a certain cop in my area that was after me. I did have my car at a retarded low ride height though. I received 3 unsafe vehicle tickets, 2 misdemeanors, and almost got arrested once for 'disobeying a police officer.' Also I got a non correctable violations for literally everything wrong with my car. No windshield wipers, banner on windshield, exhaust, ride height too low, etc. Luckily I went to court and the judge made a deal with me that if i bring the car back to stock and sell it, I will get all these dismissed and have a clean record again. Court date is on Febuary 17th and I am ready

IG: nabb335
nab335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:02 AM   #115
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Oh god. They're onto me.
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bergen23 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-31-2015)
Old 01-31-2015, 01:02 AM   #116
daiheadjai

Drives: 2003 S2000, 2008 Fit
Thanked 1,154 Times in 688 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugray View Post
I wouldnt pull over for a car like that.
I would keep driving and call the police and tell them if they want me to pull over, I better see a marked police vehicle behind me.

There have been a rash of officer impersonators in my area pulling women over, and they havent caught him yet.
Actually my dad got tailgated and chased by an off-duty York Region Police officer, who then proceeded to get out and order him out of the car (despite not being in uniform or driving a police vehicle - it was a private vehicle). The cop just mashed his badge into my dad's side window and ordered him out - my dad refused, and waited for a uniformed officer to show up.
When an OPP officer later showed up, and took a statement, they ended up letting my dad off (and I suspect the OPP officer let the off-duty cop have a few words of advice about this sort of thing).

Even if it's a real cop, I think if they're not in uniform, you're within your rights to call 911 to get a real cop on scene.
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daiheadjai For This Useful Post:
8R6 (01-31-2015), FRSNewb (02-01-2015), PhantomX (01-31-2015), stugray (01-31-2015)
Old 01-31-2015, 01:17 AM   #117
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiheadjai View Post
Actually my dad got tailgated and chased by an off-duty York Region Police officer, who then proceeded to get out and order him out of the car (despite not being in uniform or driving a police vehicle - it was a private vehicle). The cop just mashed his badge into my dad's side window and ordered him out - my dad refused, and waited for a uniformed officer to show up.
When an OPP officer later showed up, and took a statement, they ended up letting my dad off (and I suspect the OPP officer let the off-duty cop have a few words of advice about this sort of thing).

Even if it's a real cop, I think if they're not in uniform, you're within your rights to call 911 to get a real cop on scene.
Could be touchy as if they identify themselves as police you are supposed to follow instructions. Police carry the same authority even when not "on duty" and it is not uncommon for them to act on problems they may see. I would certainly want to see more id then just a badge though as anybody could have a badge out of a Cracker Jack box but id is a little more difficult (not impossible just harder) to make up.
If you don't mind me asking, why was he chased down?
Old 01-31-2015, 02:05 AM   #118
Amaya

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiheadjai View Post

That was really stupid on the cops part. But your dad didn't handle the situation very safely. First mistake was not calling the cops first and telling them that "some crazy person is following me trying to get me to pull over". Second mistake was stopping for some person when you have no idea who they are or what their intentions are.
I've actually recently heard a news report of several instances were someone was pulling people over claiming to be a cop and taking money and harassing/threatening them.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:40 AM   #119
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
How old are you?
now mid 30's, then late teens. Not to defend our stupidity, but you can only run up and down the strip so many times looking for a race before you start doing stupid stuff to kill time.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:03 PM   #120
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My buddy is CHP. He said that there are no "quotas" per say but you'll hear something if you don't write tickets or enough of it.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:01 PM   #121
stugray
Banned

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,445 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
My buddy is CHP. He said that there are no "quotas" per say but you'll hear something if you don't write tickets or enough of it.
That cant be true because @Bergen23 says that it is not.
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stugray For This Useful Post:
Cmorris8848 (06-30-2015)
Old 01-31-2015, 02:29 PM   #122
Amaya

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
There are ways of making what is effectively a quota even if it isn't official or explicit. Meh, not much can be done about it.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:39 PM   #123
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
I've actually recently heard a news report of several instances were someone was pulling people over claiming to be a cop and taking money and harassing/threatening them.
In 2012 a police impostor in Mississippi pulled a couple of people over and killed them.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:30 PM   #124
daiheadjai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Could be touchy as if they identify themselves as police you are supposed to follow instructions. Police carry the same authority even when not "on duty" and it is not uncommon for them to act on problems they may see. I would certainly want to see more id then just a badge though as anybody could have a badge out of a Cracker Jack box but id is a little more difficult (not impossible just harder) to make up.
If you don't mind me asking, why was he chased down?
I don't quite remember - but I think he might have passed the cop when he got onto the 401 - and I guess the cop took exception, because he chased him from 401/404 all the way to Major Mackenzie (even driving on the shoulder to chase him).
Hard to believe, because my dad is a pretty slow driver nowadays (used to be very aggressive) - but he has a passive-aggressive streak (he's one of those people who speed up when he sees someone trying to cut him off).

Still, my mom was with him that day, and she would've said something if my dad had really done something stupid - so my interpretation would be that this cop just flipped out on him for some reason (maybe he was pissed that my dad wouldn't pull over for some mystery car)
The Following User Says Thank You to daiheadjai For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-31-2015)
Old 01-31-2015, 11:32 PM   #125
daiheadjai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
That was really stupid on the cops part. But your dad didn't handle the situation very safely. First mistake was not calling the cops first and telling them that "some crazy person is following me trying to get me to pull over". Second mistake was stopping for some person when you have no idea who they are or what their intentions are.
Actually I think he might have done that - that might be why the OPP cop showed up. And I think the reason why he didn't open the door or roll down the window was because he had that police-impersonation stuff on his mind.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:47 PM   #126
Chad11491

Drives: 85.5 Porsche 944, '15 mustang GT PP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugray View Post
I wouldnt pull over for a car like that.
I would keep driving and call the police and tell them if they want me to pull over, I better see a marked police vehicle behind me.

There have been a rash of officer impersonators in my area pulling women over, and they havent caught him yet.
There's this a$$hole that lives down the street from me that has an old police cruiser with the lights still on it (legal). I used to drive by his house all the time about 6am going to work. One day I passed by and he pulled out and turns his sirens on at me (illegal). I just hung him a bird and kept going while Calling the cops letting them know what he was doing. I've never seen him run the lights since.

If anyone ever has the slightest doubt or you don't feel safe, you can call the the police and verify it's an actual officer with dispatch and tell them you'll pull over at a certain place.
Chad11491 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad11491 For This Useful Post:
IDFWU 420 (02-01-2015)