follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 04:01 PM   #435
Newfoundland_scion_frs

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S,and more :)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@cf6mech thank you very much for the update,I will Continue to check into this thread religiously until I see a release date/price for the kit,and if reasonably priced I'll have my visa waiting ...thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to Newfoundland_scion_frs For This Useful Post:
cf6mech (12-09-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #436
modernbeat
Vorshlag R&D

Drives: A new one every month
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I expect a short run of headers and engine/transmission mounts will be available in February.
8686 (12-19-2015), BBDGriptonia (12-16-2015), civicdrivr (12-22-2015), CxG (12-15-2015), Newfoundland_scion_frs (12-16-2015), wparsons (12-22-2015)
Old 12-20-2015, 10:35 PM   #437
boomslang

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
I expect a short run of headers and engine/transmission mounts will be available in February.
Are you taking pre-orders?
The Following User Says Thank You to boomslang For This Useful Post:
Newfoundland_scion_frs (12-21-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 05:50 PM   #438
Newfoundland_scion_frs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomslang View Post
Are you taking pre-orders?
I too would be interested in getting in on a pre-order
Old 12-22-2015, 07:09 AM   #439
mhiscott

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Subbed for mount and header preorder info.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:53 AM   #440
Mtl86

Drives: Red 2015 BRZ
Pre order for me too
Old 12-22-2015, 12:37 PM   #441
modernbeat
Vorshlag R&D

Drives: A new one every month
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Sorry guys, we don't do business on this forum. Just answering questions related to Rick's build.
wparsons (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #442
cf6mech

Drives: FRS Silver LS1 swapped.
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
Sorry guys, we don't do business on this forum. Just answering questions related to Rick's build.
Appreciate you taking the time though Jason coming on here......driving this car daily to work since the weather is good.....want you to know this thing is a complete RIOT! to drive and performs absolutely flawlessly.....OEM like.....getting to speed is effortless.....just short shifting and not wringing it out can get me in trouble with Johnny Law LOL!........I can only assume business questions can't be answered do to you guys not buying a sponsorship with the site.....same reason they won't put our car in the engine swap conversion sticky on top of page......their loss because its probably one of the best....if not the best because its designed for any body handy with tools and can be done without serious modification....99% bolt in.
The Following User Says Thank You to cf6mech For This Useful Post:
BBDGriptonia (12-23-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #443
Floggin Tires

Drives: ZC6, Junk of ALL sorts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf6mech View Post
.....same reason they won't put our car in the engine swap conversion sticky on top of page....
Right,
I know they will say "We want only Swaps that are linked within this forum."

Well, this thread does has outside forum links.
That said Even if the other forum goes offline,
there are pages of info and pics left right here
ON THIS FORUM, IN THIS THREAD.

To top it off on that thread,▼
The Frickin car That is LS swapped in the compilation has 1 damn (youtube hosted) video in 1 post!
Yet somehow, this thread wont cut it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Floggin Tires For This Useful Post:
cf6mech (12-22-2015), civicdrivr (12-23-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 06:10 PM   #444
cf6mech

//;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floggin Tires View Post
Right,
I know they will say "We want only Swaps that are linked within this forum."

Well, this thread does has outside forum links.
That said Even if the other forum goes offline,
there are pages of info and pics left right here
ON THIS FORUM, IN THIS THREAD.

To top it off on that thread,▼
The Frickin car That is LS swapped in the compilation has 1 damn (youtube hosted) video in 1 post!
Yet somehow, this thread wont cut it
Yah I don't get it.....Vorschlag is a world wide camber plate manufacturor/distributor ....and innovative shop in many other areas....like 150 plus BMW E36 swap kits sold and on track...all their builds on their site remain a perminant fixture..and I challenge anyone to show me builds better documented....they are not goin:g anywhere and are expanding.I'm not sponsored by them by any means....just a guy....I don't get it and haven't been given a acceptable explanation from the mods........ Isn't this site for the betterment of the community?.......we now have a plug and play can bus solution to be sold publically.....doubt I will post it here because I'm not legit enough ?.....later!

Last edited by cf6mech; 12-22-2015 at 06:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cf6mech For This Useful Post:
carbonBLUE (12-23-2015)
Old 12-23-2015, 04:51 PM   #445
Newfoundland_scion_frs

This thread and vorschlag in my opinion is very valuable to this fourm.its the main reason I joined.i always loved the frs/BRZ,the style and the feel of them are great but they are extremely underpowered and a FI fa20 in my opinion is not a reliable source of power,I have done a few LS1/LS2 swaps(in older vehicles) and absolutely love the engines so I started researching about putting one in a frs,when I come across this thread and vorschlag I decided to join and have followed the thread at least once a day ever sence..I bought a frs just for this swap,and built my ls1 to mimic cf6mech's all because of this thread and vorschlag's build fourm,I greatly appreciate what cf6mech and vorschlag have done with their posts/time/and effort and I will 100% be buying this kit to save me a bunch of time/aggravation and money with a pretty much "bolt in kit". @cf6mech if you are unable to release any new information on this thread about the progression of this kit/kits as they become available,can I pm you my email and you shoot me a email when something new comes up?i would greatly appreciate it..thanks again to cf6mech and vorschlag
The Following User Says Thank You to Newfoundland_scion_frs For This Useful Post:
cf6mech (12-23-2015)
Old 12-23-2015, 05:42 PM   #446
cf6mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland_scion_frs View Post
This thread and vorschlag in my opinion is very valuable to this fourm.its the main reason I joined.i always loved the frs/BRZ,the style and the feel of them are great but they are extremely underpowered and a FI fa20 in my opinion is not a reliable source of power,I have done a few LS1/LS2 swaps(in older vehicles) and absolutely love the engines so I started researching about putting one in a frs,when I come across this thread and vorschlag I decided to join and have followed the thread at least once a day ever sence..I bought a frs just for this swap,and built my ls1 to mimic cf6mech's all because of this thread and vorschlag's build fourm,I greatly appreciate what cf6mech and vorschlag have done with their posts/time/and effort and I will 100% be buying this kit to save me a bunch of time/aggravation and money with a pretty much "bolt in kit". @cf6mech if you are unable to release any new information on this thread about the progression of this kit/kits as they become available,can I pm you my email and you shoot me a email when something new comes up?i would greatly appreciate it..thanks again to cf6mech and vorschlag
Absolutely no problem .....I will share all of it with you.....pm and I'll give you my email......right now the newest development is January 10.....we have on scheduled the can-bus interagration.....and no once the announcement is officially made with the details... you won't have to be a rocket scientist to hook this patented unit up......as in like this whole kit .....easy bolt in..../...that and I'm waiting for the custom sway bar to return from the manufacturer.....then all kit parts are done.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cf6mech For This Useful Post:
Draco_PR23 (12-23-2015), Newfoundland_scion_frs (12-24-2015), ParangWala (12-24-2015)
Old 12-23-2015, 06:09 PM   #447
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf6mech View Post
Absolutely no problem .....I will share all of it with you.....pm and I'll give you my email......right now the newest development is January 10.....we have on scheduled the can-bus interagration.....and no once the announcement is officially made with the details... you won't have to be a rocket scientist to hook this patented unit up......as in like this whole kit .....easy bolt in..../...that and I'm waiting for the custom sway bar to return from the manufacturer.....then all kit parts are done.
good to hear, ill be purchasing the mass production parts soonish when they become available. then ill wait till my engine goes KABOOM and ill do the swap.

I have a question about the LS series that im not too familiar with that i would like some insight on.

1. do most LS engines have the same engine mount locations.

2. How hard would can bus be to program one of the LS variants that have engine cylinder deactivation? I have done a small amount of research and im still on the fence about doing this but the car will remain my DD. ( I went out and bought another car in hopes that i could make my FR-S my weekend warrior/garage queen, and that failed miserably as im putting almost no miles on the other car within the last year because i love my FR-S so much lol) So, I would be doing this to try and get better gas milage for when im not at the track and i go on long trips.

3. I'm doing this to have reliable stock performance but im not at all trying to set any records.

4. My car is currently automatic and i want to change to manual when i do the swap ( my knees are bad and i needed some years to let them heal so i bought an auto, but im ready to drive manual again). How hard would this be?
@modernbeat @cf6mech Any reply would be greatly appreciated. I'm Full on ready to do a swap as soon as my FA20 decides ive beaten this shit out of it enough. I'm currently at about 90k miles with 40 days of track use, 20 sets of tires, 15 drift sessions, and beating it daily to redline.

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
The Following User Says Thank You to carbonBLUE For This Useful Post:
bumppinKota (12-23-2015)
Old 12-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #448
JTOFJPN
You're like the...

Drives: '13 6MT FRS / '14 Ram 1500 Sport
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Will this kit be plug n play and bolt in for LS3's as well? We can't get Chevy crate motors in Ls1/2 here in Canada anymore

JTOFJPN Build Thread

Closed Thread