follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #491
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrisv View Post
Casey VW & Subaru
783 J Clyde Morris Blvd
Newport News, VA 23606

This dealership is a bunch of crooks. I am in the process of finding a Subaru BRZ. I contracted several dealerships in the MD and VA area. The car I was researching has an MSPRP of around $29,000. I had been received quotes from $26,000 to $28,000 from dealerships in the MD and VA Area. I received a quote from Casey Subaru for $35,802. I inquired why they how the price of a $29,000 vehicle get up to $36,000. I was informed by Kait Morrow "This is our addendum price which is what we list the car as simply because of low supply and high demand."

This dealership is pricing the vehicle $7000 above MSPRP and almost $10,000 above their competition. I could understand paying full sticker for the vehicle when it was first released. However, a year later with many sitting on lots charging MSPRP, let alone $7000 above, is bad business practice.
Hey, contact Subaru Of Wichita. I ordered out of state and the process was good and they will ship your car or buy you a plane ticket (up to $500) to get it for free. I paid 27k even for a wrb blue limited with additional chrome fender trim, wheel lock package, car cover and they even filled it up when it arrived after we did the paperwork.

http://www.subaruofwichita.com/new-i...RZ&make=Subaru
Kiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #492
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

Drives: Prospective BRZ owner.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Stevens Creek Subaru

$3000 mark up is their special from it being $7000.

Capitol Expressway Toyota

They are selling FRS for $30K++ ... like $32 or 33k

Some have leather in them that is custom done by the stealership.
gt8613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #493
Deslock

Drives: 2013 DZE/01 (sold for MX5 ND1)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokki View Post
I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this. I did not see a forum directly related to “Exceptional Dealer experiences” so I posted this here. Please let me know if I need to repost it to another area.
FYI whitelist thread
Old 02-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #494
taiguy

Drives: 2013 Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
my yelp review about Groove Subaru in Colorado

History - I had purchased a 2011 Outback from Groove back in 2011 from a salesperson who is no longer there. Experience was ho-hum but uneventful as I had taken care of much of the deal over the phone.

Fast forward to more recent memory. I was in the market for a 2013 BRZ and Dennis, one of their fleet managers (or some other title), calls me up and tells me he can do a deal on a 2013 BRZ in gray for $25,646 (including dealer handling). I tell him thanks but no thanks as I'm not interested in gray. He tells me he can do the same price on a black model that's up in Boulder. I say sure and tell him I'll come in as that price works for me.

On my way in, I call to confirm and he says they're having trouble getting their partner dealer to give them the car but if I'd be ok with white instead. I say that's fine as well. When I arrive, I'm informed that they're having trouble getting the white car as well. Well shit.

Then they have me test drive the gray car. The battery is dead and there is a rattling noise coming from the center dash. I tell my salesguy, Al, that I'm not interested in the gray car and they show me a blue model. I can be ok with blue but I ask Al if the price will be the same. I'm told that Dennis will make a deal on the blue model as they're trying to move that one too.

I'm left inside the salesroom for 30 minutes while they're both busy drafting whatever. Finally Al shows up and puts a sales document in front of me asking me to sign it. I look it over and see that the price quoted is $700 higher than what I had agreed to before coming in, and there was a separate $500 dealer handling fee that they were adding in.

When will dealers learn that not everyone wants to play a shell game and maybe end up with a car?

If you tell someone they can get a particular car for a particular price, don't make up excuses twice in a row and then later jack up the price on a 3rd. Seriously lame.

Meh. I thanked them for wasting my time and and theirs and then walked out.

Also of interest, at the bottom of the review page in gray text, click on the "53 Review not currently recommended" (may be higher than 53 by the time you read this) and see all the other stories that got "hidden" by Yelp's machine. You pay advertising dollars and magically a lot of negative reviews get hidden. Coincidence or not, there's some harrowing stories in there.
taiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #495
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Damn, did not expect this thread to be going strong almost 2 years later...
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #496
lxs

Drives: Tommy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt8613 View Post
Stevens Creek Subaru

$3000 mark up is their special from it being $7000.

Capitol Expressway Toyota

They are selling FRS for $30K++ ... like $32 or 33k

Some have leather in them that is custom done by the stealership.
I can confirm, have purchased a Toyota from Capitol.. they like to play the game of "we have one but it is in the garage, let me call them and see if they have it in that color" and "it's in the back, want to go for a walk?"

but not only Stevens Creek Subaru but also Capitol Subaru are the worst.

Unfortunately, I was in 'awe' when I went to Stevens Creek Subaru. They really like to oil you up with sweet talk and excellent customer service. I was inquiring about a trade and they ran my credit without even asking me. I only go there for the service now because the location is convenient for me.
gt8613 (03-13-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #497
Flo

Drives: BRZ?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Man I thought my dealer was bad with a $200 "processing fee" and a $500 scotchguard and wax job.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #498
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

Just received this email from a dealer in the Bay Area. Not sure how much the mods total to if bought separately... but a $40k frs? I understand their asking price might reasonable for the mods.... but that should be their retail price and not their bullshit special.... esp. on 2013 models for a demo car.

"sales manager at Piercey Toyota in Milpitas.
Still interested in a Scion FR-S? I have two new customized
2013 Scion FR-S on close out special.

1. Fire Storm color automatic transmission model (VIN D2732706) With:
50 STATE EMISSIONS
Carpeted Trunk Mat
SCION Display Audio
Rear Spoiler

Custom 19" Wheels & Performance Tires
Custom Aero Body Kit
Custom Lowering Kit
TRD Performance Exhaust
Retail Price $37660, Sale price $31588 plus tax license fee. Save $6072 off retail!

2. Hot Lava color manual transmission model (VIN D1729111) with:
50 STATE EMISSIONS
TRD Air Filter
Paint Protection Film
Carpeted Trunk Mat
Rear Bumper Applique
SCION Display Audio
Rear Spoiler
Custom Aero Body Kit
Custom Lowering Kit
Custom 19" Wheels & Performance Tires
TRD Performance Exhaust
Retail Price $37607 Demo Special $29988 plus tax license. Save $7619 off retail!""
Old 03-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #499
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxs View Post
I can confirm, have purchased a Toyota from Capitol.. they like to play the game of "we have one but it is in the garage, let me call them and see if they have it in that color" and "it's in the back, want to go for a walk?"

but not only Stevens Creek Subaru but also Capitol Subaru are the worst.

Unfortunately, I was in 'awe' when I went to Stevens Creek Subaru. They really like to oil you up with sweet talk and excellent customer service. I was inquiring about a trade and they ran my credit without even asking me. I only go there for the service now because the location is convenient for me.
yea when I was talking them online they gave me a hiked up price as well... but not as high as stevens crek subaru or capitol toyota. oh and stevens creek subaru didnt even allow me to test drive the brz... what shit.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:18 PM   #500
Maniak_

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Liberty Subaru in Emerson, NJ.

Gave me a quote for a SWP Limited BRZ for $26,706. I went in today to chat with Damon, who I was in contact with for a few days trying to narrow down the price and options. After about an hour of talking, going over my trade-in and such, I tell him to give my brother and I a chance to talk about it. I had the damn down payment in my hand; ready to do the deal if he agreed to value my trade-in just a little more than his original quote. He comes back when my bro and I are done talking and has this new number on a blank sheet. I knew immediately what he was going to say and bam: So there was a pricing mistake, this is the new price I'm going to sell the car to you for and yadda yadda yadda.

A $1000+ markup. I waited for him to finish, pulled out the down payment check and told him they just lost a sale. He face went a bit ashen, but he stuck to his guns. He was like, "you're not going to find a better deal, I've sold a bunch of cars today and I'm going to sell a bunch more. If you think you can get a better price, then go." Get this, I actually got to see the car on the lot and it was filthy as hell. Dirty streaks down all the sides, dirt and grime under the bumper applique. The inside carpeting was filthy. So thankfully, I was glad they pushed me away.

The price might have still been good and it wasn't a huge markup, but screw that if they're going to bait and switch my ass with that attitude and a vehicle that wasn't even take care of properly. I left just easily as I walked in.

Last edited by Maniak_; 05-31-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Maniak_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:18 PM   #501
JARE_ee
Alaska Roll Lover

Drives: Blue.Series.Aozora
Do not go to RICHMOND SUBARU in RICHMOND,BC

They were the worst car dealership i have been while shopping for my BRZ. The lack of effort, and attention to details with consumers is very very frightening.
JARE_ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #502
Toca

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue BRZ
Went to Stevens Creek Subaru in San Jose and simply wanted to reserve any Series.Blue BRZ.

Why I thought it was shady:

1) The dealer told me there was none in stock, and so I decided I want to reserve one if he'll let me do it at MSRP. He agreed, but later got my information, and ran my credit without asking me...and then telling me he'd charge $2500 markup above MSRP to do it.

2) He later said they DO have a Series.Blue in stock, but it was reserved for someone else -- to another customer. He said he'd SELL it to me if I'm willing to pay more than the person that reserved it. When I said, "but this is already reserved for someone else", he said "If I have a paying customer that wants it now, I'll make the transaction. I'll just order another one for him and he'll just have to wait". As much as I wanted a Series.Blue, I wouldn't do someone wrong like that, since I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that. If I were to buy a car from a dealer, I'd be building a relationship with them -- paying bills, stopping for services/check ups, etc...I wouldn't want shady dealings like this to be done on me.

Walked out.
Toca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toca For This Useful Post:
86kahl (03-21-2016)
Old 07-23-2014, 01:47 AM   #503
2subbies

Drives: 2013 white brz 2006 impreza
Got my first subaru from Fitzgerald auto mall will never go back poor service and on top of that I went to school with most of the techs and they don't kno much. But got myI brz from herb gordon and had excellent service would also recommend fredrick motor company
2subbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:49 AM   #504
Zoh

Drives: None
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Toyota of Pullman, WA
Was talking to a salesperson there, talking about a 2013 BRZ with 75 miles on it. Never sold. Black isn't my favorite color, but I figured if the price was right, maybe.

The dealer spends a few days knowing that I'm looking at another BRZ in another city that is way closer to me and the color I want. He gets me a significantly lower APR, yet the payments still come out to about $5 a month more than the other dealership. Wondering how this is possible, I ask for a breakdown of the price. Two days later, I still haven't gotten it. He mentions that it includes a 100,000 mile warranty and gap insurance, then he tells me I got more for my trade than previously expected, so I'm wondering even more how the payment is so high despite the lower APR. Somehow he's marked it up about $6000-$8000 which I've no idea about and still haven't received a breakdown of the price.

Needless to say, I will not be buying that particular vehicle. Which is fine, as I didn't want black anyway, lol :P
Zoh is offline   Reply With Quote