follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-18-2015, 09:12 PM   #8331
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzuki View Post
I don't use E85 but my in car avg MPG number is in-accurate regardless. It says I'm getting mid 28's but based on my fill ups I'm getting a consistent 25 mpg. I suspect something else is going on and will be pulling out the ESC and re-flashing the ECU for a dealer service soon anyway. Going to use the opportunity to run through a full tank to be sure that my mpg loss is indeed related to the ECU/ESC changes.
I don't think mine has ever been completely accurate either before or after the OFT, with either 93 or E85. But I know I run pig rich when I go WOT with my current 93 ESC tune at my elevation. I have learned not to do it with my window down, it's like I am fogging mosquitoes, and no matter how fast I drive I can't outrun my exhaust. I wonder if it is just me? I know i smells different, but when running E85 last summer I almost couldn't even smell it.

also, you might want to be careful with that avatar pic, the Boston bomb squad might show up and shut down your account.

Last edited by Target70; 02-18-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Target70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Target70 For This Useful Post:
godzuki (02-19-2015)
Old 02-18-2015, 11:07 PM   #8332
Thatruth2001

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
Yes and no. I know I am one of the first people to get the system so I'm spoiled, but the first iterations of the system wouldn't be the right ones to sell a lot of. The latest iteration is the first version that feels like a regular supercharger. And has many features and fixes that were discovered due to trial and error.

Who would of known some of the issues we had with installs until people started screwing things up.

It seems things are picking up though and he is satisfying the Miata crowd as well. I wish I could invest in his company... I would be all over it.
I offered to throw Rob some money as an investor the first month I got the kit in August of 2013! So I get first dibs on any share allocation?
Thatruth2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:14 PM   #8333
Thatruth2001

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Is anyone running Rob' new controller software? Received my replacement kit about a month ago and no more DR Hose. Additionally the new engagement switch is nice.... After driving the car for 5 months after destroying my kit I have a real appreciation for the effort that Rob has put into the system. He listens to the field input and incorporates practical ideas that enhance the end user experience with little or no impact on cost..

At the end of the day the product is worth the wait.
Thatruth2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:15 AM   #8334
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatruth2001 View Post
Is anyone running Rob' new controller software? Received my replacement kit about a month ago and no more DR Hose. Additionally the new engagement switch is nice.... After driving the car for 5 months after destroying my kit I have a real appreciation for the effort that Rob has put into the system. He listens to the field input and incorporates practical ideas that enhance the end user experience with little or no impact on cost..

At the end of the day the product is worth the wait.

Me. Love it.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:21 PM   #8335
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
also, for those in SoCAL...
There will be a meet at Modbargains Wednesday February 25th, at 5pm-there will be several of us there with ESC's.

Good opportunity to check some out in person!
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82586
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:38 PM   #8336
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
also, for those in SoCAL...
There will be a meet at Modbargains Wednesday February 25th, at 5pm-there will be several of us there with ESC's.

Good opportunity to check some out in person!
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82586

Too far for me on a weekday. Damn would love to go though. Have fun.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:44 PM   #8337
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Too far for me on a weekday. Damn would love to go though. Have fun.
we're gonna do another one in march, but on a weekend!
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-19-2015), Sojhinn (02-19-2015)
Old 02-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #8338
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
we're gonna do another one in march, but on a weekend!
Glad to hear it!
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Sojhinn (02-19-2015)
Old 02-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #8339
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Me. Love it.
+1
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Sojhinn (02-19-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 12:18 AM   #8340
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
If any of you guys are curious and want to check out the ESC, I'm going to be making a cross country roadtrip during the beginning of May. This is the route I'm 75% going to take. If you live close to my route, let me know and I can stop by and let you check it out.

P.S., I may also stop by Toronto one last time before I drive my car out to the west coast. Some of you GTA peeps already got a peek before, but I'll be willing to show it to some new guys.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:51 AM   #8341
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Will probably be doing this at rest stops throughout the roadtrip to save on lodging:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitosis View Post
Old 02-20-2015, 01:52 AM   #8342
mitosis

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2008 Fit
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post
If any of you guys are curious and want to check out the ESC, I'm going to be making a cross country roadtrip during the beginning of May. This is the route I'm 75% going to take. If you live close to my route, let me know and I can stop by and let you check it out.

P.S., I may also stop by Toronto one last time before I drive my car out to the west coast. Some of you GTA peeps already got a peek before, but I'll be willing to show it to some new guys.
Hell yes, man, I'd love to see an ESC in person and I live pretty close to 80 near Sacramento.

Quote:
Will probably be doing this at rest stops throughout the roadtrip to save on lodging:
Haha! That diagram of mine... lol. I never have actually slept like that in the FRS, but I do sleep in my car a lot.

These days I just sleep in the passenger seat, scoot it as far forward as I can while still being able to comfortably get my legs down in the footwell, and then lean the seat as far back as it'll go.

It's good for power naps, but I don't know about overnight. That might be where the trunk-sleeping comes in.

Keep the key fob handy if you do sleep in there, so you can pop the trunk if you need to make a quick feet-first exit for any kind of claustrophobia- or bladder-related emergency upon waking up. Trust me, I've learned that from sleeping in my Fit... and that is a much less claustrophobic car to sleep in.
mitosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:32 PM   #8343
Blu-by-U
Some Dumb Guy

Drives: wanting an Acabian
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Wish that I wasn't in the great white north (MN), although it isn't very white this year.

Quote:

Old 02-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #8344
Blu-by-U
Some Dumb Guy

Drives: wanting an Acabian
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

Passenger side will lay flatter (been there, done that). Therma-rest or equiv. can go a long way toward comfy.
mitosis (02-22-2015)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive