follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 08-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #7099
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBRZ1691 View Post

who are they! im coming for them haha j/k

I went and check out the E85 station nearest me. E85 was 3.299 a gallon. It was a Propels Fuel pump at a 76 station. There 91, which I don't buy, was almost a dollar more. They guarantee that the lowest E content would be 70% then had a sign that said this in not an E76 product? confused. Is Propel Fuels reputable. Doing all my field work and planning now. Seems like a will have some time to do this haha.

Yeah it's good. It's what I use.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #7100
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
their should be more. Its the real deal
The Following User Says Thank You to Boofneenee For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-08-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #7101
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4evah View Post
Looks like Audi's getting in on the electric snail game: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/08/a...rging-feature/
Quote:
As shown by the Audis, these devices will be built as two separate turbines, connected by plumbing, at least at first. But ideally, the electric boost will be built into a single device that also uses exhaust gas energy, McKinley said.
Interesting design. I see it looks like there is a place for the belt to travel around the supercharger assembly.

Could be for clever space saving reasons. However part of me wonders if they could integrate a clutch system, having the electric motor start the turbine initially, and then have the engine utilize that same turbine later on when the electric motor gets surpassed, all within a unified small housing. Doesn't it look like that's what this device is trying to accomplish? You could have the potential for low end of the Phantom with the top end of a Jackson/Vortech, ect.

Compact, few parts, seamless integration of electric motor and a traditional supercharger. It could be difficult to integrate in the aftermarket due to fitment issues but OEM manufacturers could be all over this.

As is the solution they are describing sounds less compact, a turbo with an extra long shaft to attach an electric motor.

The Following User _________ Stay_Puft(09-13-2014)
Says Thank You to
MmmHamSandwich For
This Useful Post:

MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #7102
AJPG

Drives: 22RE, FA20, 4G63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmHamSandwich View Post
Interesting design. I see it looks like there is a place for the belt to travel around the supercharger assembly.

Could be for clever space saving reasons. However part of me wonders if they could integrate a clutch system, having the electric motor start the turbine initially, and then have the engine utilize that same turbine later on when the electric motor gets surpassed, all within a unified small housing. Doesn't it look like that's what this device is trying to accomplish? You could have the potential for low end of the Phantom with the top end of a Jackson/Vortech, ect.

Compact, few parts, seamless integration of electric motor and a traditional supercharger. It could be difficult to integrate in the aftermarket due to fitment issues but OEM manufacturers could be all over this.

As is the solution they are describing sounds less compact, a turbo with an extra long shaft to attach an electric motor.
AJPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #7103
shif7i7down
Erected Member

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Update on my cars 467 final drive:

The shop that i took it to redid the work for free(great shop btw),, got the backlash to .007 which is neat the highend of the tolerance but it still whines under load.
I contacted speedfactory about the issue and they said that their shop car whines also ,
which leads me to believe that the mfactory final drive was not grounded properly,(I'm a machinist and i make gears for a living btw).

If you guys are planning to get the m factory fd then expect it to whine, other then that eehhh.
just gotta live with it
shif7i7down is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shif7i7down For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-11-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #7104
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shif7i7down View Post
Update on my cars 467 final drive:

The shop that i took it to redid the work for free(great shop btw),, got the backlash to .007 which is neat the highend of the tolerance but it still whines under load.
I contacted speedfactory about the issue and they said that their shop car whines also ,
which leads me to believe that the mfactory final drive was not grounded properly,(I'm a machinist and i make gears for a living btw).

If you guys are planning to get the m factory fd then expect it to whine, other then that eehhh.
just gotta live with it
......because racecar?

Haha.
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
shif7i7down (08-09-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #7105
Thatruth2001

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
I think Rob should solicit investors for his product. I would certainly be interested.
Yes this is a fantastic product and it should go worldwide. Really I think every FR-S/BRZ should come equipped with an ESC. If it was offered at the dealership I don't think too many people would turn it down.
Maybe go public and offer an IPO?
He is not interested. I offered to invest last year while still in trials. I would not mind putting $20k US forward. On another note, remember this a hobby for Rob as he runs another business.
Thatruth2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thatruth2001 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-11-2014), MagicBobert (08-09-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #7106
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
which leads me to believe that the mfactory final drive was not grounded properly
Straight cut gears whine because they are not grounded properly?
Old 08-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #7107
shif7i7down
Erected Member

one last thing,
I received the Aux charger and installed, after that it seems that the car was running slower and the aux was draining my starter battery, starting the car was getting harder and harder until one morning the car didn't start at all.
I contacted Rob and was told to do some checks, As it turns out it had nothing to do with the aux charger at all. When I installed the aux charger I didn't tighten down the negative starter battery cable and it was arching and burnt the washer, I replaced the washer and now I'm super happy with the Aux charger.

Moral of the story, it is always a bad install if you aren't happy with this product.
Thanks Rob, keep the upgrades coming and we'll try our best not to be morons. :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shif7i7down For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-11-2014), raven1231 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #7108
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
one last thing,
I received the Aux charger and installed, after that it seems that the car was running slower and the aux was draining my starter battery, starting the car was getting harder and harder until one morning the car didn't start at all.
I contacted Rob and was told to do some checks, As it turns out it had nothing to do with the aux charger at all. When I installed the aux charger I didn't tighten down the negative starter battery cable and it was arching and burnt the washer, I replaced the washer and now I'm super happy with the Aux charger.

Moral of the story, it is always a bad install if you aren't happy with this product.
Thanks Rob, keep the upgrades coming and we'll try our best not to be morons. :P
*cough* follow the aux video install *cough*

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Old 08-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #7109
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Side note:up to 2300 views on the phantom install video. And Im dealing with a bunch of a-holes on the comments. Anyone else who wants to help post here:

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=qkxPcDUPFdk

Installed Mods:
Old 08-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #7110
shif7i7down
Erected Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
Straight cut gears whine because they are not grounded properly?
Final drive pinion and ring gear are helical gears.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #7111
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Ok who's Bob and thanks!

Installed Mods:
Old 08-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #7112
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
Side note:up to 2300 views on the phantom install video. And Im dealing with a bunch of a-holes on the comments. Anyone else who wants to help post here:

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=qkxPcDUPFdk
I was going to reply but you disabled comments. Honestly don't worry about trying to convert everyone. Who cares if some people don't believe we know that it works...its dyno proven. Idiots will always be idiots on the internet...there is no accountability for being courteous or respectful to anyone. Half the people on the internet wouldn't dare say things like that direct to your face where they may get punched after being a retard and disrespectful.
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive