follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-28-2014, 12:28 AM   #15
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have the same exact thing on my front bumper, but only one screw mark thankfully, not both. Like others said it's because of a careless tech screwing in the screw too far and allowing it to mar the bumper's paint. Totally avoidable and really unfortunate that they are damaging our cars before we can even take them out for our first drive.

Good luck getting any compensation from your dealer. I called my salesperson shortly after discovering the mark and then also sent a follow up email asking him to send me some Whiteout touch up paint - nothing. No response whatsoever.

I guess all they care about is making that initial sale and getting your ass out the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:34 AM   #16
Phantobe

Drives: 14 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
I have the same exact thing on my front bumper, but only one screw mark thankfully, not both. Like others said it's because of a careless tech screwing in the screw too far and allowing it to mar the bumper's paint. Totally avoidable and really unfortunate that they are damaging our cars before we can even take them out for our first drive.

Good luck getting any compensation from your dealer. I called my salesperson shortly after discovering the mark and then also sent a follow up email asking him to send me some Whiteout touch up paint - nothing. No response whatsoever.

I guess all they care about is making that initial sale and getting your ass out the door.
Yeah I feel like it's going to be a pain in the ass. It pisses me off because I wanted to avoid putting the license plate there and come to find they drilled too far. I probably never noticed because I was so excited to have my first car. Wasn't really paying attention to detail.

I'm not gonna deal with emails. Just gonna go to the service department tomorrow. See what happens I guess... I mean it's 100% their problem so I'll do the best I can to get what I want. There's no reason that I shouldn't be compensated considering I've paid the amount of money I did for a brand new car. At least that's my logic.

I'm sure the dealers logic will be, we already have his money that's all that matters.

2014 Ultramarine Scion FR-S
2000 Integra LS - SOLD
Phantobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:42 AM   #17
yaguphire

Drives: white-out FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I had same problem when dealership put plates on the front. Ended up having them repaint the scratch X_X.
yaguphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:33 AM   #18
m.wood0213
Driving Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Did you at least have fun detailing your car. I love it since I cant afford to mod anymore.
“This isn’t a supercar, it’s a sports car. It sacrifices rear seats yes but it just feels alive. Pure, direct, immediate. The other two are going to get all the admiring looks yes, that’s my point. I’m not driving around in this for other people’s benefit. I’m driving around in this BECAUSE I LOVE DRIVING IT. END!”
-Richard Hammond, Top Gear, USA Supercar Road Trip, 2011 Porsche GT3 RS.
My BRZ
m.wood0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:21 AM   #19
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Looks like some with screw holding their plate on hit you.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #20
Phantobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.wood0213 View Post
Did you at least have fun detailing your car. I love it since I cant afford to mod anymore.
Of course, until I find stuff like this :P

2000 Integra LS - SOLD
Old 07-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #21
Candlejack
Ignorance Intolerant

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My bet is that someone pulled up too close to you front bumper - to - front bumper in a parkinglot and hit you with their front-plate screw holes. I've seen that on rear bumpers a lot in cities.

Like this:

Candlejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:14 AM   #22
Phantobe

May as well post an update. So I went to the dealer & talked to the service manager, explained him the situation & let him look at the cosmetic damage. He said that he definitely agrees that the damage was caused from a tech drilling a screw(s) too far.

Now I have to go visit again tomorrow (hopefully) & let a "factory rep" see the damage. From there I suppose they will give me my options.

For the NAY SAYERS, yah I'm talking bout you... Here's some pics of plate mounted at the dealer. Thanks for your help guys . Will post another update when I have one, so far no hassle or arguing.

2000 Integra LS - SOLD
Old 07-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #23
Manic
Is not fast.

Drives: 2014 Whiteout M/T
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Any updates on this? Decided to do a plate relocation and I noticed the same issue
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #24
Phantobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Any updates on this? Decided to do a plate relocation and I noticed the same issue
Nothing yet... I'll post when I get more info. I'd suggest talking to the service manager, best place to start.

2000 Integra LS - SOLD
Old 07-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #25
Manic
Is not fast.

Good call. Might also talk to the sales rep that sold me the car, he was super helpful throughout the process.

Preferably, I'd take my car to the Autonation in Cerritos, CA as it's closer and where I've brought it for some work already... but I bought mine in Buena Park so I'm guessing that might not do the trick.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #26
Phantobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Good call. Might also talk to the sales rep that sold me the car, he was super helpful throughout the process.

Preferably, I'd take my car to the Autonation in Cerritos, CA as it's closer and where I've brought it for some work already... but I bought mine in Buena Park so I'm guessing that might not do the trick.
I talked to sales and they sent me to service lol.

I'd just go straight to service.

2000 Integra LS - SOLD
Old 07-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #27
Manic
Is not fast.

Spoke with my service rep. Told me that they're actuall instructed to drill 6 holes in the actual bumper to mount a j-bracket, which means that it could've been much worse. But unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the drill marks. It's a bummer, but I guess that's how it goes.

Hope you have better luck than I do.

For reference, here is the installation file he sent me. I doubt he's just trying to gloss over the issue because he has been extremely helpful and understanding during my last few visits. The specifications for the install are on the 2nd page.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Cn6N8SgyxCQ2gtZElxNG1xUGttM3F6cnNBWlpfTXRSV0xN/edit?usp=sharing
Old 07-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #28
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Garage
Wow glad they did not do that to mine.

I told them when I picked it up if they touched the front bumper trying to install a license plate holder I would not sign the papers.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tennisfreak For This Useful Post:
Annahra (07-29-2014)