follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #113
QuikSilveRX-8

Drives: SE3P
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thank you @M-17 and @PERRIN_Chris, most were acquired in eBay. I know there are a lot of fakes sold there but I was careful about my purchases. I did, however, got may be four that were fakes. I remember getting SB Homer DUNKs and Shanghai DUNKs, AJ III Cements, and an AJ V Fire Reds; immediately I knew they were fakes once I opened the box. I don't know if you've experience it but once you get a whiff of that Chinatown shoe's glue, you'd know...

Those Adicolor HUF, I was lucky enough to get in my size from HUF before they closed both stores in SF. I came across the AJ V Whiteouts while I was looking for the AJ IV Oreos and AJ IV Bling Blings in eBay; now those two are really hard to find. NIKE really needs to retro either or the two and I would be inclined to buy those specially if the pebbled leather were used than the ones they make AJs with now, the perforated leather stands out as well than the plastic mesh on the side.

Currently looking for a beater Dub Zero or Flight 89, any that has the AJ IV midsole as a donor. I wore out my AJ IV Oreos and the midsoles are starting to crumble. I've seen a few YouTube tutorials for swapping and I want to see if I could try a DIY.

The Spiz'ikes are something else, I only bought those because of the Cements and the BReds color way but I hate the damn shoes specially lacing them up. They're nice to look at but wearing them is another thing. Wouldn't you agree that they're the most uncomfortable shoes you've worn? The feel of it is like walking with wooden sandals, the leather material (not the suede) really sucks that if it folds the wrong way around the toe box, you are constantly fighting how you walk because that crease folds will pinch your toes!

Do you any of you remember the days when you buy NIKEs that the best NIKEs were made in Korea or Taiwan? Now, all you can see are Made in China. I've steered away from buying any newly released NIKE shoes (except the SB Dunks) for that reason. But, that may not stop me from buying the Grapes when it comes out this weekend and the low 11s in June 8 pictured below.

Three moving engine parts, yet complicated... Or do I mean complex?

Last edited by QuikSilveRX-8; 04-30-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Added a picture
QuikSilveRX-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #114
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Any1 used Nike ID to make custom kicks before? I would love to create my own AM90's but I wish they had more material like nubuck and color options.
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #115
PERRIN_Chris

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to PERRIN_Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSilveRX-8 View Post
Thank you @M-17 and @PERRIN_Chris, most were acquired in eBay. I know there are a lot of fakes sold there but I was careful about my purchases. I did, however, got may be four that were fakes. I remember getting SB Homer DUNKs and Shanghai DUNKs, AJ III Cements, and an AJ V Fire Reds; immediately I knew they were fakes once I opened the box. I don't know if you've experience it but once you get a whiff of that Chinatown shoe's glue, you'd know...

Those Adicolor HUF, I was lucky enough to get in my size from HUF before they closed both stores in SF. I came across the AJ V Whiteouts while I was looking for the AJ IV Oreos and AJ IV Bling Blings in eBay; now those two are really hard to find. NIKE really needs to retro either or the two and I would be inclined to but those if they use that kind of pebbled leather than the ones they are using now, the perforated leather stands out as well than the plastic mesh on the side.

Currently looking for a beater Dub Zero or Flight 89, any that has the AJ IV midsole as a donor. I wore out my AJ IV Oreos and the midsoles are starting to crumble. I've seen a few YouTube tutorials for swapping and I want to see if I could try a DIY.

The Spiz'ikes are something else, I only bought those because of the Cements and the BReds color way but I hate the damn shoes specially lacing them up. They're nice to look at but wearing them is another thing. Wouldn't you agree that they're the most uncomfortable shoes you've worn? The feel of it is like walking with wooden sandals, the leather material (not the suede) really sucks that if it folds the wrong way around the toe box, you are constantly fighting how you walk because that crease folds will pinch your toes?

Do you any of you remember the days when you buy NIKEs that the best NIKEs were made in Korea or Taiwan? Now, all you can see are Made in China. I've steered away from buying any newly released NIKE shoes (except the SB Dunks) for that reason. But, that may not stop me from buying the Grapes when it comes out this weekend and the low 11s in June 8 pictured below.
Yeah the quality for sure has gone downhill significantly on the retros. Most people agree that around 07 or so is when this started. Pretty sad, the price went up, and the quality has gone down, but people are still buying them like crazy, so why would they want to make them with high quality leather?

I actually think the spizikes are super comfortable! I have the black/red pair that came out back in 2010 that I wear a lot! Maybe my feet are weird, because I think the Vs are comfortable, which most people don't.

I agree that the laceing is pretty annoying, I have to loosten the top two rows of laces just to get the shoes off.
PERRIN_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #116
QuikSilveRX-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaVI View Post
Any1 used Nike ID to make custom kicks before? I would love to create my own AM90's but I wish they had more material like nubuck and color options.
I haven't but my brother did with the iD DUNK Hi, he spent $180. I've never spent anything that much for one pair except when I bought the AJ 11 re-retro Space Jams in 2009, haven't bought a pair of Jordans since Anyway, I would defenitely do an AM90 Safari(below) if iD has the materials because, I outgrew that pair I have.

PERRIN_Chris, true. If there's a high demand for the Jordans despite the decrease in quality; "why change it if it's not broken?" Also, I wear the Black/Red Spiz'ikes more than the White/Cements, which I'll have to clean up and repaint the mid soles to sell in eBay.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #117
QuikSilveRX-8

Speaking of the Air Max 90s, I just remembered that I have these. AM90 Safari Boot and AM90 Infrared Current.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #118
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
A buddy at work did. Hated the way they looked when he finally got them, and sold them for $40 to someone else at work, lol.

I am getting my custom Pumas tomorrow. They wouldn't leave the package at my door today because they need a signature. I hate it when I have to wait this extra day!
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #119
QuikSilveRX-8

Shagaliscious, at least, yours is guaranteed to be handed in front of you. Not have a bystander snagging your package in front of your door step.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #120
Shagaliscious
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSilveRX-8 View Post
Shagaliscious, at least, yours is guaranteed to be handed in front of you. Not have a bystander snagging your package in front of your door step.
Very true. I would be so pissed if someone stole them from right in front of my door. It's taken almost 6 weeks from the time I ordered.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:23 AM   #121
kanundrum

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,711 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I like Sneakers and I cannot Lie
You other people cannot deny
that when a new sneaker walks in with a itty bitty lace and that sole in your face
you get sprung

that is all i have to contribute to this thread.

thanks.
PERRIN_Chris (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #122
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
The quality can be a hit or miss from Nike ID, but now I'm not so sure now. And when it comes to wanting more material for a shoe, sometimes Nike will run a limited order randomly on any sneaker. So you'll have to watch and see if they ever do a limited run with AM90's.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #123
Shagaliscious
Banned

Garage
Well...the Puma logos didn't come out the way I thought they would...thought it would be more of a gold then a yellow...do they give off too much of a McDonalds vibe? I will probably replace the laces since they were supposed to be the same color as the Puma logos (that is, if they are the correct color).
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #124
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagaliscious View Post
Well...the Puma logos didn't come out the way I thought they would...thought it would be more of a gold then a yellow...do they give off too much of a McDonalds vibe? I will probably replace the laces since they were supposed to be the same color as the Puma logos (that is, if they are the correct color).
Do they allow color options for the logo when customizing? And when you in the process was there gold option before?

And they didn't come out that bad. You could say its an McDonald's All Star Edition or Pac-Man Edition.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #125
Shagaliscious
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
Do they allow color options for the logo when customizing? And when you in the process was there gold option before?

And they didn't come out that bad. You could say its an McDonald's All Star Edition or Pac-Man Edition.
Yea, they have 12 different color options for the logos. The problem is that they have 2 different "shades" of gold. I e-mailed customer service to confirm that they used the correct gold color for the logos, so we shall see.

Haha! I could sell them on ebay as a super rare McDonalds high school all-american basketball shoe!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shagaliscious For This Useful Post:
M-17 (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #126
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Where are your Ice Cream's?
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote