follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #15
re-animator

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
necro-bumping this thread just to give some info.

I have had this exhaust on my BRZ for about a year from the previous owner. It really does sound great, just like in the clips. You will like it if you prefer deep, rumbly sounding exhausts. Even with the stock header, it gets that subie UEL rumble sound and a bassy almost v8-ish tone in the daily driving revs with no rasp at all. in the upper revs i kind of wish it was more hyped but it is more of a "mature" sounding exhausts.

I recently e-mailed lachute for sound and weight specs and they told me they did not have them. It is not a loud exhaust even at WOT, but definitely loud enough that you know its there. The way that bass frequencies travel better than higher pitch frequencies ensures that you get that throaty tone even without beating you up in terms of actual volume. When i am on cruise control between 65-75mph i don't get any noticeable drone. Of course as soon as you accelerate or decelerate from 3000 rpm you hear the exhaust, but that's part of what a performance exhaust is. The quality is very good and mine still looks in excellent shape (lived in the southwest US its whole life) and i have to say it is an aesthetically pleasing look. It has two magnaflow suitcase style mufflers so weight-wise I expect it to be on the heavier-than-stock end of the spectrum (the HKS legamax sports catback is a similar design and weighs 58 lbs).

IIRC at some point they did post dynos that showed a 3-4 whp gain which is pretty decent for a catback on stock header/fp.
re-animator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catback, lachute