follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 03-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #29
DieselxIndustry

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
You will be told that they are a wear item like wiper blades, tires and brake pads are. It's not the manufacturers fault you chose to drive with the particular style of shoes you do. I drive wearing a pair of Cole Hann driving shoes with a rounded heel. My FR-S mats look like new with 7,000 miles.
My wiper inserts were replaced at 8k because they were already streaking and I only had the car for 5 months.
DieselxIndustry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #30
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Didn't expect the mats to wear THAT quickly. I was looking around japan parts and noticed the JDM mats are different. Wonder if they're stronger.

Carpet Mats

Same material as their trunk mat: Trunk Mat

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #31
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselxIndustry View Post
My wiper inserts were replaced at 8k because they were already streaking and I only had the car for 5 months.
Mine have been streaking since month 2 or 3...
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #32
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbionic View Post
Are there any "Good" aftermarket Floormats. non rubber... and still sporty.. and work with the retainer clips?
Might want to look into Lloyd Mats: http://lloydmats.com/

I have their Rubbertite series which I use for winters, but they have nice carpet ones as well.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #33
microbionic

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
Might want to look into Lloyd Mats: http://lloydmats.com/

I have their Rubbertite series which I use for winters, but they have nice carpet ones as well.
I attempted to navigate their site, they dont seem to sell to the public,nor be able to prove to me that they make mats that fit the BRZ, how did you order yours,... does it still have the retainer clip?
microbionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #34
Anthonytpt

Drives: '13 Argento 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I try not to wear cleats while driving. I would imagine the FR-S mats are made from similar materials. I'm not having trouble keeping mine clean and "like new," but the only element I deal with in Southern California is a little rain.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #35
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbionic View Post
I attempted to navigate their site, they dont seem to sell to the public,nor be able to prove to me that they make mats that fit the BRZ, how did you order yours,... does it still have the retainer clip?
Click on the Where to Buy link on top, then pick the vendor of your choice. Mine does use the factory retainer clip.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #36
DieselxIndustry

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Mine have been streaking since month 2 or 3...
Thats why I made them replace them. Something about it being under 12k mileage meant they had to or something.
DieselxIndustry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #37
raphy

Drives: whiteout FRS
the mats are part of the wear and tear list and I have confirmed this with my Toyota dealer. They say they get this from time to time and say footwear is the reason and not the mats.
raphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #38
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Can these mats be flipped upside down if swapped with the passenger and driver side?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #39
Clembo
'Senior' Junior Member

Drives: 13 FR-S,08 Mustang Bullitt,06 MX-5
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post
Can these mats be flipped upside down if swapped with the passenger and driver side?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Nope. Totally different shapes.

Noticed mine showing wear after just 500+ miles. Have had the car less than a week. Checked with the dealer and they are not an accessory item, they are listed under chassis parts and are sold individually. The driver's side mat alone is $108.00 retail. Didn't think to ask about warranty, I will next time I'm there.

Just ordered the black/red set from Spoonz, they have a vinyl heel mat on the driver's side. Meanwhile I threw in a cheap ($1.98) flat square mat from Wal-Mart to protect the stock mat for now.

Cheap mats for sure and too bad because they really look nice. Oh, and I wear well worn sneakers too. Nothing sharp or hard to cut into them.

"You'll never know if you don't try" - Shinroko Momose
Clembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #40
Clembo
'Senior' Junior Member

Drives: 13 FR-S,08 Mustang Bullitt,06 MX-5
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Thumbs up Spoonz Auto Mat Set for FR-S

Just got the black/red set today from Spoonz Auto, $99 on eBay and free shipping. These are really nice, very plush and heavy - one of these mats weighs more than all four of the cheap OEM Scion mats. Fit is exactly the same as OEM including the fasteners - I was very impressed with the fit. These have a heavy padded heel area that looks like it will hold up well.

These are a little darker black than the charcoal factory carpets and mats but the red binding sets them off well. Binding looks the same as the OEMs but is red instead of charcoal. Spoonz Auto was great to deal with - perfect packing, quick free UPS shipping and they even included a set of free retractable ear buds as a bonus!

I packed up the OEM mats in the Spoonz box and stored them away. That way they will be as new as possible when it comes time to sell or trade.

Keep in mind that the OEM Scion mats are only sold individually. The fronts are $108 each and the rears are $40 each according to my dealer. That's $296 for one set of cheap mats! So for $99, these are a bargain. I don't know how they will wear but they have to be better than the OEMs.

Here they are in my car. The breaks you see in the binding are just the plush black fibers laying over the edge.

"You'll never know if you don't try" - Shinroko Momose
Clembo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clembo For This Useful Post:
avusblue (06-03-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #41
BoxeRZ

Drives: 13LTDWRBBRZ6MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Had a new 01' Celica and same thing happened around same miles, Toyota replaced entire set. Toyota service always stepped up when issues arose.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #42
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
OMG!!! Heavier than the stock mat???!!! Now you've done it and added weight to the car! Your car will be slower than slow!

Just joking. Yes, the quality of the OEM mats do seem pretty bad. I noticed from when I bought the car that they were thin and quite light. I guess I'll be in the market for some better mats myself soon. Initially, I didn't like the fact that it doesn't have a built up/padded area where your heels would be rubbing the mat all the time. The Spoons one is looking pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clembo View Post
Just got the black/red set today from Spoonz Auto, $99 on eBay and free shipping. These are really nice, very plush and heavy - one of these mats weighs more than all four of the cheap OEM Scion mats. Fit is exactly the same as OEM including the fasteners - I was very impressed with the fit. These have a heavy padded heel area that looks like it will hold up well.

These are a little darker black than the charcoal factory carpets and mats but the red binding sets them off well. Binding looks the same as the OEMs but is red instead of charcoal. Spoonz Auto was great to deal with - perfect packing, quick free UPS shipping and they even included a set of free retractable ear buds as a bonus!

I packed up the OEM mats in the Spoonz box and stored them away. That way they will be as new as possible when it comes time to sell or trade.

Keep in mind that the OEM Scion mats are only sold individually. The fronts are $108 each and the rears are $40 each according to my dealer. That's $296 for one set of cheap mats! So for $99, these are a bargain. I don't know how they will wear but they have to be better than the OEMs.

Here they are in my car. The breaks you see in the binding are just the plush black fibers laying over the edge.

Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote