follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
Eureka

Drives: None... yet!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZ: How will the Canadian prices look like?

Before I begin, I apologize if this has been posted already. So if it has, a link to the appropriate thread is appretiated. But after searching on the forum without answers, here's my question:

How will the BRZ's prices be in Canada? I know in the states it will be at roughly the same price point as the FRS (a little bit more, or so I've heard). Hypothetically for this question only, say both FRS and BRZ are 25k in the states. In Canada, the FRS will likely be ~27k in Canada due to international pricing (Usually ~1-2k raise from USA counterparts.) However, Subaru in Canada works a little bit different. Base WRX start at about ~25k in USA, while ~32k in Canada (7k difference!) . Using this info, I can only assume BRZ will then be at ~32k? But that wouldn't make any sense at all since who would want to pay 5k more for the subaru variant of the virtually identical car? (32k also makes this car compete with the more powerful, practical 4 seater WRX with AWD, which also boggles my mind a little) So, what do you guys think? Will Subaru finally stop ripping Canadians off for once and give us BRZ at the same price as FRS or worst case scenario, BRZ becomes a rare breed for only those die-hard fans willing to play 5k extra for minor visual adjustments. Please let me know your opinions.

(Sorry for the long post s:. I tried to state my point as concise as possible)
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
convotutor

Drives: Hybrid
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who knows what the pricing will be?!
No one knows until they set the pricing of the brz/frs.
However, one thing is certain, us Canadians will be ripped off compared to the Americans.

If history is any indication, we'll save money by driving few hours down south and buy US. Hopefully these auto makers will realize that ~80% of the population live within 160km of the US-CAD border.
convotutor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz, canada, price