follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 01-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Basti

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Longer brake light cable needed

So I'm doing some trunk cleaning and I've realized that the OEM cable is too short for that. Now at this stage I make it a principle not to cut, splice and solder around (warranty reasons).

The cable running from the brake light to the harness fixed to the trunk is connected via a simple 2-pin plug which can be dismantled and put together again.

That said, what I need are a few male and female pins of the same type as OEM in order to maintain compatibility and a generic male/female plug to fix to the 15-20cm extra cable I have to add. What'd be even better would be to have the very same type of plug as is already used so I won't have do dis-and reassemble the factory plugs at all.

Can anyone with the knowledge have a look at the plugs and pins from his middle tail light and tell me the specs of the pins and preferrably source to buy from? If there's no way of getting new ones maybe I may salvage from other models?! (the Toyobaru still being to rare for that)

All help appreciated. When and if it works I'll show you what I did.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Basti

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
noone at least got an idea on what type of pins are used?
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote