follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List
homeyp1221

Old 08-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #589
Sypher

Drives: '13 Ultramarine FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiisupra View Post
Starting times depend upon which class you are running. Here's a linky: http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Sacramento/Cup201312.htm

I usually run in the morning without concern for points, trophies, or standings, by switching up classes that the car fits into. That way I have my fill of autox, work, and can get home usually by 1pm. (from Stockton)

Eric G
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAngel View Post
Ok, was just planning on just doing a ride along with you so i could see what its like before doing it myself, was thinking i'd just drive out and meet you there?
@mkiisupra what class will you be running in? i'm hoping to make it out sunday but i'm still clueless to what classes the FR-S falls in

@SilentAngel I'm willing to bet you will want to drive after you ride along. i went out last event to check it out on saturday then ended up coming back sunday morning to drive its awesome haha
Sypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #590
SilentAngel

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
@mkiisupra what class will you be running in? i'm hoping to make it out sunday but i'm still clueless to what classes the FR-S falls in

@SilentAngel I'm willing to bet you will want to drive after you ride along. i went out last event to check it out on saturday then ended up coming back sunday morning to drive its awesome haha
lol, possibly but it'd make me more interested in buying a cheap set of wheels and tires for track/autox and then getting a membership though lol.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #591
mkiisupra

Drives: 83 Toyota Supra, 16 FR-S RS2.0
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok, was just planning on just doing a ride along with you so i could see what its like before doing it myself, was thinking i'd just drive out and meet you there?
No problem! I usually run in the second group, which allows for a later arrival time for spectators. We've run anywhere from 11am up to 12:30, it depends upon how many cars there are in each run group. It is usually smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
As above, I try to run in any class the car fits into for second run groups. You can run in WRG (wrong run group) in most organizations, but you may not get times posted or other irregualarites compared to other runners. The car fits into CS, Street Tire/STX, OSP(open street prepared, local), maybe even a prep class, like EP (prep really needs roll cage/bar, and car seems too new for this classing right now).

Quote:
lol, possibly but it'd make me more interested in buying a cheap set of wheels and tires for track/autox and then getting a membership though lol.
The weekend membership is required, its $15 extra to the $30 for the autox itself. Keep your copy of the weekend membership form and you can get a rebate/discount on an annual membership (up to $45, iirc). No disrespect, but the cheap set of wheels and tires you may be looking for is the setup that was stock on the FR-s. I used mine for about 7 autocrosses and then finally bought some Rivals that have helped with times, now that I've learned how to feel this car at the limits of traction in stock form. I will get some other wheels later, but I have too many hoops in the garage as it is right now!

Eric G
mkiisupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #592
SilentAngel

Quote:
No problem! I usually run in the second group, which allows for a later arrival time for spectators. We've run anywhere from 11am up to 12:30, it depends upon how many cars there are in each run group. It is usually smaller.

As above, I try to run in any class the car fits into for second run groups. You can run in WRG (wrong run group) in most organizations, but you may not get times posted or other irregualarites compared to other runners. The car fits into CS, Street Tire/STX, OSP(open street prepared, local), maybe even a prep class, like EP (prep really needs roll cage/bar, and car seems too new for this classing right now).

The weekend membership is required, its $15 extra to the $30 for the autox itself. Keep your copy of the weekend membership form and you can get a rebate/discount on an annual membership (up to $45, iirc). No disrespect, but the cheap set of wheels and tires you may be looking for is the setup that was stock on the FR-s. I used mine for about 7 autocrosses and then finally bought some Rivals that have helped with times, now that I've learned how to feel this car at the limits of traction in stock form. I will get some other wheels later, but I have too many hoops in the garage as it is right now!

Eric G
Ok, so I should be there by 11AM then? It's an hour and a half drive to Stockton from my place, and I should get a weekend membership even when riding shotgun lol? If so can I get it there or do I need to get it off the computer beforehand?

Thx!!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #593
mkiisupra

Drives: 83 Toyota Supra, 16 FR-S RS2.0
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok, so I should be there by 11AM then? It's an hour and a half drive to Stockton from my place, and I should get a weekend membership even when riding shotgun lol? If so can I get it there or do I need to get it off the computer beforehand?

Thx!!
Ride alongs are free, but you will need to fill out the release waiver forms, which is like the weekend membership form without the price. I'd say that 11 should work out fine.

Eric G
mkiisupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #594
SilentAngel

Quote:
Ride alongs are free, but you will need to fill out the release waiver forms, which is like the weekend membership form without the price. I'd say that 11 should work out fine.

Eric G
Ok, Kool thanks! I'll cya on Sunday then! :happy0180:
Old 08-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #595
sdlynx

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S - Firestorm
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by >(559)< FR-s View Post
We are Visalia but we can go to Fresno if it helps bring more of us together or if you guys want to come this way we can our usual ThreeRivers/Gateway Restaurant drive hang out! I need to find out how to set up a poll so we can vote.
When and where are we meeting?

There are at least a couple of people that will be in Stockton in the morning. Maybe an afternoon meet?
sdlynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #596
SilentAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlynx View Post
When and where are we meeting?

There are at least a couple of people that will be in Stockton in the morning. Maybe an afternoon meet?
Also, if we are meeting in fresno can it possibly be around 4-6PM? From what i understand the AutoX won't finish till about 12:30/1PM. So i won't even get back into Madera until probably about 2PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #597
sdlynx

Garage
Hey folks. Is there a meetup today after all?
Old 08-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #598
SilentAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlynx View Post
Hey folks. Is there a meetup today after all?
Dunno, haven't heard anything. Just got back from the AutoX in Stockton.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #599
>(559)< FR-s

Drives: 2013 FR-sŪ (Red)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Contacting Visalia People as we speak
>(559)< FR-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #600
Ms. FR-S

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 1993 Mazda RX-7
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Just woke up! After waking up a bit I'll be up for a drive.
Ms. FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #601
sdlynx

Garage
Haven't heard anything yet... Anyone else?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #602
>(559)< FR-s

Drives: 2013 FR-sŪ (Red)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
well im not getting much response out here. everyons working but 1 person and he has the kids. lets give it another hour or so
>(559)< FR-s is offline   Reply With Quote