follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 12-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dynotronics and their E-Tune/ OTA tune.

Before I begin my review of the tune, I wanted to start by reviewing my experience with Dynotronics and more specifically with Joe. When it comes to aftermarket car parts or services there are a few things I like to see from the company, these criteria are not necessary to gain my business once but usually guarantee that I’ll be back for future purchases.

1) Are they passionate about what they do or is it strictly a source of income?
From the first time I met Joe @Dynotronics1 at a SASCA Autocross event I knew he was not only knowledgeable about tuning but also passionate about what he does and cars in general. This wasn’t an isolated event either, I’ve had a handful of conversations with Joe since that initial meeting and every time I hear the same passion and end the conversation having learned something new (another thing I like, as I love to learn) and of course the excitement is contagious.

(My car at the shop)
2) How is the customer service?
Out-freaking-standing! Seriously, he has answered my questions (even the not so intelligent ones) quickly and thoroughly, never leaving me confused or unsure of the answer. After I loaded up the base tune and went for a ride to let the car learn the map and data log, Joe called me to ask me what my thoughts were. I have never, in all the years I’ve been modifying cars, had a manufacture or tuner call me (on a Sunday at that) to ask me what I thought about their product and if I enjoyed ( the answer to that is unequivocally yes).

Joe you have earned yourself a repeat customer, I am already budgeting my money for those headers and the flex fuel fun.

Now let’s get to the part that most of you want to actually read, how is the tune (OTA tune/ E-tune/whatever you want to call it).
Initial review:
I’ll start off by saying something that is probably a little cliché; this is how it should have come from the factory! There is noticeably more power on tap, to the point you no long chirp second but spins it (I am running RS3s). The torque dip is either gone or shrunk to the point that it’s inconsequential and the delivery seems smoother. Out of all my mods, this has been the best bang for the buck so far and highly suggests you all do take the plunge.

Ricepuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ricepuddin For This Useful Post:
Extreme86 (12-23-2012), Got3n (12-23-2012), track_warrior (12-25-2012), tripjammer (12-24-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Reserved for 2+ week review.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Reserved for post 27 Jan Autocross event review
Old 12-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Got3n
86-75309

Drives: Toyota FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I have to agree with all of this. Joe knows his stuff and has been very helpful. Driving an automatic i was sure I wouldnt see much of a boost in performance, but he delivered. He told me he hadnt done an automatic version of this car yet and had no idea what the limits were so he was curious to find out just as I was. He assure me he wouldnt push it to hard but I can tell the base tune he gave me is fantastic, so if there is some wiggle room for more improvements I cant wait to see what he does. As soon as I get an intake Ill be sure to get it retuned/adjusted.

Also, Joe WILL be the installer of my SC and headers.
Got3n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Got3n For This Useful Post:
Ricepuddin (12-23-2012), tripjammer (12-24-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Can't wait to check out your tune guys! ^^ See you at Coffee & Rides on Saturday. (Looks like I'll have to reserve this spot for my review of Dynotronics!) I'm gonna be interested in the flex fuel tune for sure. Excited!!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Finally an awesome local tuner!
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote