follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
The_Doctor

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Potenial buyers in Chicago

Hi,
I recently moved to Chicago and I am interested in buying BRZ. Any good dealers in Chicago? Previous experience with the dealer? Anyone from Chicago already preordered a BRZ?
Thanks
The_Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
delongedoug
Banned

Drives: 2.5 RS daily, Evo 8 track
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17
delongedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
Hi,
I recently moved to Chicago and I am interested in buying BRZ. Any good dealers in Chicago? Previous experience with the dealer? Anyone from Chicago already preordered a BRZ?
Thanks
I would recommend Schamburg Subaru. One of the largest dealers in Chicago/region. I grew up in Chicago my whole before moving away for grad schools
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Dillano609
Teh O1d 5oul

Drives: 97' Nissan Maxima SE, 04' BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
I would recommend Schamburg Subaru. One of the largest dealers in Chicago/region. I grew up in Chicago my whole before moving away for grad schools
Ya... I don't know about you, but people in the Schaumburg area are kinda pricks. Also, Cook County has a ridiculous chunk added on with taxes. I recommend a different dealership, maybe somewhere out in McHenry County.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillano609 View Post
Ya... I don't know about you, but people in the Schaumburg area are kinda pricks. Also, Cook County has a ridiculous chunk added on with taxes. I recommend a different dealership, maybe somewhere out in McHenry County.
Very true. I guess it just depends on where the OP lives. I just know that dealer sells a lot of WRX/STIs. I guess DuPage or McHenry might be a better county. Maybe even Will County.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
tachi1247

Drives: 04 BMW 330i & 03 Mazdaspeed Protege
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillano609 View Post
my parents had a good experience buying a car from them back in the day. They were originally looking for a wrb wrx wagon back when they first came out in the US. They ended up buying a v6 outback instead for the space but the dealer was very helpful.

I had a buddy buy a wrx and an sti from them and he had good experiences both times.

they are a high volume dealer...probably one of the largest in the entire Midwest. They do sell a lot of wrx & sti cars so their allotment will probably be as high as any dealership around.

also, in illinois, the taxes are based on the county the buyer resides in not on the dealer location. No matter where you buy you will pay the same taxes. As far as other fees, the state regulates the maximum the dealer can charge and I have yet to find one that doesn't charge the max.
tachi1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachi1247 View Post
my parents had a good experience buying a car from them back in the day. They were originally looking for a wrb wrx wagon back when they first came out in the US. They ended up buying a v6 outback instead for the space but the dealer was very helpful.

I had a buddy buy a wrx and an sti from them and he had good experiences both times.

they are a high volume dealer...probably one of the largest in the entire Midwest. They do sell a lot of wrx & sti cars so their allotment will probably be as high as any dealership around.

also, in illinois, the taxes are based on the county the buyer resides in not on the dealer location. No matter where you buy you will pay the same taxes. As far as other fees, the state regulates the maximum the dealer can charge and I have yet to find one that doesn't charge the max.
Yup agree about the amount of volume they moved. That is why I mentioned them. When I was thinking about an STI they were gonna give me a great deal.

Btw, it wasn't a V6 but a H6.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
tachi1247

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
Yup agree about the amount of volume they moved. That is why I mentioned them. When I was thinking about an STI they were gonna give me a great deal.

Btw, it wasn't a V6 but a H6.
you are correct. Forgot about that. Had that car for 7 years and only thing they had to put money into was tires and a set of brake pads.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
The_Doctor

I ended up putting a deposit in Mid City Subaru. I am the third on the list. By the way I live in Cook Country.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
The_Doctor

Anyone is planning in going to Tuner Galleria?
Old 02-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #11
Hanzo

Drives: Waiting for the ND Miata
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
The Doctor, your name is not Brian is it?
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
The_Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
The Doctor, your name is not Brian is it?
No my name is not Brian
Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #13
sieeegel

Drives: rsx was stolen :(
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
last checked, i am the one and only person on the waitlist at napleton Schaumburg.
sieeegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
tachi1247

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieeegel View Post
last checked, i am the one and only person on the waitlist at napleton Schaumburg.
I was in there yesterday. They told me they had 1 person who had left a deposit. Guess it was you. Sales guy tried real hard to get me to leave one too but I told them I won't make a deposit until I see the car in person and get to sit in it etc. Sounds like that will be awhile as the dealership doesn't plan to keep any cars for test drives or to have a car for people to look at. First car in will be sold as soon as #1 on the list comes in and pays for it.

doesn't sound like they will be allowing test drives either. When your # is up you can come in and look at the car. If you like the color you drive it and take it home the same day or you get your deposit back.

on the plus side they said it is not their policy to charge anything over MSRP. I made it clear that I did not expect any wheeling & dealing on the car, but that I would not accept MSRP+ on any car.

he said they may get a demo car for a few days for people to come in and see but he wasn't too confident about that. Said there would definitely be no driving of it if they did get one though which is consistent with what people in ca and tx saw.