follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2017, 02:29 AM   #29
byun

Drives: 2015 BRZ CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusts View Post
Does it look like the rear seats would fold down. Does your rear seat delete kit allow the panels to fold down as well with the cage?

I know that rears seats are about the same height as the rear seat delete kit, so I was hoping that if your kit folds down, then it is likely the rear seats will fold down too.

You have to unbolt the bottom of the rear seat back and pull it out and put it back in to get it into the down position with the roll bar in.

I leave my rear seat back in the down position since it’s too much of a pain to back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
byun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to byun For This Useful Post:
adjusts (10-16-2017), Efferalgan (07-29-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 09:42 PM   #30
adjusts

Drives: Raven Black Scion FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
do you know if you are able to bolt in the main hoop? Or will the main hoop require welding for mounting?

Black (Raven) D4S Scion FRS (Sold)|| Black (CBP) FK8 Civic Type R || Black (BSM) F80 M3 Comp (Sold) || Black (Jet) E46 M3 || Laguna Seca Blue (LSB) E46 M3 (Sold) || Alpine White (AW) E92 M3 || Carrara White 997 GT3RS
adjusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:08 AM   #31
Takumi788
JHerbert Racing

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,186 Times in 593 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
do you know if you are able to bolt in the main hoop? Or will the main hoop require welding for mounting?
This particular part number listed in the thread title is weld mounted. I believe there is a bolt in option but it wouldn't be easy (or safe) to bolt this one in.
- #813 2013 Scion FRS Build Thread
- JHerbert Racing Website
Takumi788 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Takumi788 For This Useful Post:
adjusts (01-23-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 10:33 PM   #32
byun

Drives: 2015 BRZ CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:

You have to weld in the main hoop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
byun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to byun For This Useful Post:
adjusts (01-23-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 03:23 AM   #33
15limited

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After nearly two months from order date... Im blaming the shipping company for this one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Attached Images

Perrin Transmission Bolt, Drift Button,Intake Tube, Radiator Hoses, Engine Mounts, Gurney Flap Diode Dynamics Always On Module OLM 3k HID Foglights GCS Smoked Side Markers Motul Gear 300/300 V OE Acantara arm rest Password JDM Dry Carbon rear diffuser Rally Armour Mud flaps H.I.C side & rear visor Gruppe-S UEL header/OP HKS Front Pipe Leg Sport Cat Back Koyorad aluminum radiator Wheelhaus CF low pro 3rd brake light Toms JDM Clear Tail Lamps
15limited is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 15limited For This Useful Post:
batlwagn (04-10-2018), ChiTownFrs (04-17-2018), craigpitts7 (11-10-2019), Takumi788 (04-10-2018)
Old 03-01-2021, 01:51 PM   #34
FRW-86

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice Documentation and Pictures

I have a 2017 Toyota 86, and since the AutoPower roll bar is for earlier years, it required shortening the two rear braces by a few inches as the inner fender wells are taller in the newer models. I also bought the removable diagonal brace and shoulder harness bar option. It costs a bit more, but makes the rear view mirror issue better for regular driving. Greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into the documentation. Am taking my time in modifying the two plastic interior rear side panels to get the best fit. The abysmal installation paperwork from the factory is many recopies beyond useful for determining the proper trim lines. It appears that cutting along the "seam" lines where the flat portion of the panels blend into the raised portions offer the best opportunities for making the separation cuts, then making additional seams along the center lines of the tubing relief holes that will surround the tubing. Will probably use aluminum backing plates with Nutserts for fastening the split panels together for the proper flush fit. I have a 3D printer and Fusion 360 CAD/CAM if any filler plates are necessary. Having built and raced a number of road racing cars over the years, and knowing the rules for a number of race organizations. The weld-in portion of the main hoop sill plates (feet) typically require full welds around the entire perimeter of those to be fully welded to the chassis. I don't know your intended use of your FRS, and whether it is intended for anything more than parking lot autocrosses, but for road racing and other high speed events most sanctioning organizations won't allow partial welds like what you've done. I cut filler pieces of 1/8" mild steel plate to close all the gaps between the main hoop feet an the chassis tub stiffening stamping areas so there are no air gaps. Best regards, Barry
FRW-86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:22 AM   #35
abemo

Drives: 2017 CWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRW-86 View Post
I have a 2017 Toyota 86, and since the AutoPower roll bar is for earlier years, it required shortening the two rear braces by a few inches as the inner fender wells are taller in the newer models. I also bought the removable diagonal brace and shoulder harness bar option. It costs a bit more, but makes the rear view mirror issue better for regular driving. Greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into the documentation. Am taking my time in modifying the two plastic interior rear side panels to get the best fit. The abysmal installation paperwork from the factory is many recopies beyond useful for determining the proper trim lines. It appears that cutting along the "seam" lines where the flat portion of the panels blend into the raised portions offer the best opportunities for making the separation cuts, then making additional seams along the center lines of the tubing relief holes that will surround the tubing. Will probably use aluminum backing plates with Nutserts for fastening the split panels together for the proper flush fit. I have a 3D printer and Fusion 360 CAD/CAM if any filler plates are necessary. Having built and raced a number of road racing cars over the years, and knowing the rules for a number of race organizations. The weld-in portion of the main hoop sill plates (feet) typically require full welds around the entire perimeter of those to be fully welded to the chassis. I don't know your intended use of your FRS, and whether it is intended for anything more than parking lot autocrosses, but for road racing and other high speed events most sanctioning organizations won't allow partial welds like what you've done. I cut filler pieces of 1/8" mild steel plate to close all the gaps between the main hoop feet an the chassis tub stiffening stamping areas so there are no air gaps. Best regards, Barry
Thank Barry. Can anyone else confirm the fitment issues on the 2017's? I'm hoping to get this installed in my 2017 in the next few weeks. Thanks!
abemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 08:37 PM   #36
RT-BRZ
FNG

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I bought this for my 2013 BRZ.

They have definitely changed the design since the diagonal bar is not welded to the seat belt bar which is now set a little father back.

The main hoop definitely interferes with the headliner which has to be removed in order to even get it in the car.

The rear down bars seem almost impossible to get in place once the main hoop is in the car. I tried to do the initial installation before painting it but I could only get one of those bars in place. I decided to go ahead and get it painted because I don't have to want to do this more than once.

I guess the bright side is the snug fit will be safer?
RT-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote