follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-26-2017, 01:27 PM   #855
Alltezza

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It's done! Time to get some data logs for Delicious Tuning!

Running 7PSI Map right now, will be trying 10PSI after everything gets smoothed out.

Whooo! I'm excited

Alltezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:06 PM   #856
Amputechture

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Went and saw James/HRI yesterday and finally got sorted out. Drivability is exponentially improved and I'm making a good amount more power than before. Clutch is slipping like a MF'er on the higher boost map. I guess when you live with something for so long, you make excuses for it...until you experience something quality. Man my last tune was shit.
Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #857
UchihaFanBoy

Drives: 16 BRZ,99 Forester,13 FRS(RIP)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How long did it take for you guys to recive this kit. This is my 4th week waiting. They told me waiting time is 3-4 weeks it should be shipped out. Wondering what your experience with shipping with JDL
UchihaFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UchihaFanBoy For This Useful Post:
CxG (07-06-2017)
Old 06-29-2017, 01:16 AM   #858
R2RO

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2013 FR-S(2JZ Build)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaFanBoy View Post
How long did it take for you guys to recive this kit. This is my 4th week waiting. They told me waiting time is 3-4 weeks it should be shipped out. Wondering what your experience with shipping with JDL
I think they're backed up with a lot of backorders, I'm waiting on a custom cold air intake for my turbo kit. Thank god this car isn't my daily.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:28 AM   #859
NLS8520

Drives: N/A
Which GTX series turbo would you recommend for this JDL kit if my goal is to not build the motor, or swap the transmission. Car would not be used for a daily. Multi use: canyon carver, track, auto x, etc.
NLS8520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:57 AM   #860
extreme-86

Drives: 86, Nissan 200SX, Honda Civic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS8520 View Post
Which GTX series turbo would you recommend for this JDL kit if my goal is to not build the motor, or swap the transmission. Car would not be used for a daily. Multi use: canyon carver, track, auto x, etc.
GTX2867R seems to suit this platform perfectly. It can produce anywhere from 280 - 420 whp dependent on fuel type and boost.

The new GTX2860R Gen 2 has replaced the GTX2863R, which would offer you the best spool up and transient response, but will give up some high rpm power and torque to the xx67
extreme-86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extreme-86 For This Useful Post:
NLS8520 (07-03-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 04:02 AM   #861
extreme-86

Drives: 86, Nissan 200SX, Honda Civic
@JDL Are the V2 kits only available in UEL or are there plans to produce a EL version as you did on the V1 kit ?
extreme-86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #862
GavinGonzo

Drives: 2016 Subaru Brz
Hello, I'm newish to the forums and actually registered specially for this forum. I have done a fair amount of research for FI and the JDL UEL kit stood out strongly.

My first question, which I'm sure has been answered multiple times on different posts, is the reliability of this kit? I currently have full boltons, E85 Tuned by Delicious tuning, ect. However I still feel as if it needs a little more of pull. My brz is my DD and I'm looking for around 290-300whp which is obviously possible with kit. Also in southern cali, temps can reach to almost 115 during summer so I'm trying to factor in heat issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
GavinGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:20 AM   #863
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlim86 View Post
No problems just want to upgrade. I don't like how the precision spools up, after driving other boosted 86s with different turbo setups.
You mean you don't like the sound or just the way it feels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft86me View Post
THe gtx2867r was a HUGE difference over the precision and I also had a stupid oil leak from the turbo that would not go away so I was basically forced into doing the upgrade from the precision to the garrett. I at the time had the 2867r with a .62 AR for a very fast spool time. The transient response was amazing and it spooled much quicker with the 2867r and if you're into cool spooling noises, the 2867r sounds like a fucking jet lol. The 3076r gen 2 I haven't been able to really test yet since my motor is being rebuilt. I should have the car back monday evening then off to get it wrapped. What I can tell you is that I hit 430hp on e85 with the gtx2867r, but then I windowed the block lol. I would imagine the the gtx3076r will have a good amount of lag over the 2867r since it's much larger. I opted for the 3076r gen 2 because the turbo was choking on the higher end of the rpm, but mind you I had a lower AR vs the higher one because I wanted a quicker spool. So with my goal now, I am shooting for 550-600+ hp so I need the 3076r and also have done about 98% of the supporting mods to make sure my motor and driveline would hold that power minus the trans. Careful with decisions because with a higher flowing turbo and more power, the possibilities of internal part failures becomes much higher.
Wow I must say, you got me thinking of going Garret. I also am pursuing that jet sound. How did the precision sound?

Instagram: 86_Maul
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #864
UchihaFanBoy

I wonder how much WHP and torque people getting on the precision with 93. I bought the precision because this is my DD wanted a decent turbo nothing crazy. hopefully it was a right choice lol I always can upgrade later i guess.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:42 PM   #865
Amputechture

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Quote:
I wonder how much WHP and torque people getting on the precision with 93. I bought the precision because this is my DD wanted a decent turbo nothing crazy. hopefully it was a right choice lol I always can upgrade later i guess.

You can defintely hit 300 to the wheels on the precision. If you look at my build thread in the journal section, you can see the shitty dynograph I have posted from my prior shitty tune. I made 289/225 at 11 PSI with pump gas and stock catback on a mustang dyno. Mustang dynos are considered to be approximately 10 percent lower reading than a dynojet, which is the most often referenced type of dynograph. Haven't redyno'd since I've been retuned but I am defintely making more power now and I don't have the shit torque dip that you will see in the graph.
UchihaFanBoy (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 06:28 PM   #866
UchihaFanBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputechture View Post
You can defintely hit 300 to the wheels on the precision. If you look at my build thread in the journal section, you can see the shitty dynograph I have posted from my prior shitty tune. I made 289/225 at 11 PSI with pump gas and stock catback on a mustang dyno. Mustang dynos are considered to be approximately 10 percent lower reading than a dynojet, which is the most often referenced type of dynograph. Haven't redyno'd since I've been retuned but I am defintely making more power now and I don't have the shit torque dip that you will see in the graph.
Oh that's good numbers hope I hit at least 280-300 whp I'm upgrading my pulley and fuel systems try to get a little kick. Excited now !
Old 07-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #867
JDLAutoDesign

Drives: 13 FRS
Thanked 1,437 Times in 652 Posts
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Lead times really are dictated by several variables. There is the time it takes us to produce the product but also the volume we are currently producing at. In addition to those two parts of the equation there is all the components that have to come together as one to complete a system. Each of these components have their own set of variables that often lead to us waiting just as you guys do as they work their way through all the same obstacles we face as a manufacture.

The lead times are shrinking as we adjust production techniques and further refine our processes. The number of V2 systems we are producing is substantially more than people generally understand because there are A LOT of people buying these systems that do not participate in forums or social media.

We hope this makes sense and please understand we want to get you the parts just as fast as you want them. If you need an update just call us or email us. We try to get back to everyone asap. Trust us when we say NOBODY has been forgotten about

As far as everyone's concerns about turbo selection. There is no one single solution for every situation and this is why we and the turbo manufactures offer selection. We are super familiar with all the options you can imagine on these cars so just let us know and we can help direct you in making a turbo decision that best suites your specific needs and budget
JDLAutoDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDLAutoDesign For This Useful Post:
BurnetRhoades (04-01-2018), PR138 (07-09-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #868
UchihaFanBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLAutoDesign View Post
Lead times really are dictated by several variables. There is the time it takes us to produce the product but also the volume we are currently producing at. In addition to those two parts of the equation there is all the components that have to come together as one to complete a system. Each of these components have their own set of variables that often lead to us waiting just as you guys do as they work their way through all the same obstacles we face as a manufacture.

The lead times are shrinking as we adjust production techniques and further refine our processes. The number of V2 systems we are producing is substantially more than people generally understand because there are A LOT of people buying these systems that do not participate in forums or social media.

We hope this makes sense and please understand we want to get you the parts just as fast as you want them. If you need an update just call us or email us. We try to get back to everyone asap. Trust us when we say NOBODY has been forgotten about

As far as everyone's concerns about turbo selection. There is no one single solution for every situation and this is why we and the turbo manufactures offer selection. We are super familiar with all the options you can imagine on these cars so just let us know and we can help direct you in making a turbo decision that best suites your specific needs and budget
Thanks for explaining. I'm waiting patiently I'm sure it worth the wait ! 5th week.