follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Commercial Classifieds > Exterior Parts - Lighting

View the official forum sponsors list

User Tag List

Old 01-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #57
PhastekSport

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PhastekSport Send a message via Yahoo to PhastekSport
Winjet headlights and tail lights are still in stock!

Also check out our Spyder order thread:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44510
PhastekSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #58
HooverFish

Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine Automatic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhastekSport View Post
Someone was asking for the HID bulb install details:

Easy instructions on this, but I have yet to see any instructions on the easiest way to mount the ballast and where.

I see where it has some screws and nuts just flopping around in the box, but I never got any paper instructions in them.
HooverFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #59
all_aboard

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
I ordered the 86 replica headlights. The shop installed them, and now when I turn on the headlights, the light indicating that they are on in the instrument cluster does not appear. The light for the brights show up, just not headlights.

Do you know how to fix this???

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
all_aboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #60
JoeAug

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
These lights are awesome and the quality is very good.

You will notice though, that the LED Running Lights are dim unless the high beams are on and that their brightness varies based on engine speed. This problem is easily fixed, but I've never seen anyone address it!

When installing, you need to bypass the stock DRL resistor located near the horns. This is easy to do, but only when the front bumper cover is off.

This allows the LEDs to run a full brightness whenever they are on.

If anyone wants to know how to do this let me know and I can post the instructions with a picture.
JoeAug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #61
JoeAug

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The biggest problem with these units is there are no directions included, or really even available on the web. I know not many of us have these lights, but here are some random things I have learned:

1) These lights are really set up for HID bulbs. They will take halogens, but the reflector and projector lens are made more for HID bulbs it seems. The pattern is different from both the stock halogen head lamps and the original Toyota JDM head lamps (with LED strips). We were able to test these side-by-side.

2) There are adjustment screws for both the cuttoff height and the horizontal positioning. No one tells you this, and while you can find one You Tube video on the cuttoff adjustment, no one has the horizontal. I had to call Winjet.

3) These are super-high quality and not like a few I have seen on eBay (although the eBay specials seem to be pretty good). They do not come with HID bulbs and ballasts, and that is where many distributors will go cheap.Had these installed for over a month in heavy rain and rapidly changing humidities with no leaks and no fogs. The build quality and weight was indistinguishable from OEM. In fact I wondered if they were using OEM parts and modifying them. Support from Winjet was excellent - just no instructions!
JoeAug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #62
all_aboard

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhastekSport View Post
Winjet headlights and tail lights are still in stock!

Also check out our Spyder order thread:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44510
Last night one of my headlights stopped working. Got out of the car, looked at it, asked myself why it wasn't working... Didn't know, so I'm going to ask you.

JDM Replica 86 Headlights with Black Housing by Winjet*

Bought those in April, I don't drive the car much, so I don't use the headlights a lot. But the weirdest thing is as I started driving away, the other headlight turned back on...

Do you know why it's doing that? Do you guys have warranty on these products?
all_aboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:15 AM   #63
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAug View Post
These lights are awesome and the quality is very good.

You will notice though, that the LED Running Lights are dim unless the high beams are on and that their brightness varies based on engine speed. This problem is easily fixed, but I've never seen anyone address it!

When installing, you need to bypass the stock DRL resistor located near the horns. This is easy to do, but only when the front bumper cover is off.

This allows the LEDs to run a full brightness whenever they are on.

If anyone wants to know how to do this let me know and I can post the instructions with a picture.
I would love to know! I hate that it looks so dim in comparison to my OEM fog area DRL's
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlight, jdm, replica, winjet