follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #43
RegisBou

Drives: Scion xA, Toyota MkI Mr2 (Sold)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Comet View Post
I'll have whatever it is you're having.
\

w/e

Last edited by RegisBou; 12-18-2009 at 01:18 PM.
RegisBou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #44
RegisBou

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2KtoFT86 View Post
That is nowhere near the truth, sorry. The S2000 replacement was canceled. I'd really like to know where you got those numbers from as well as that is way off from what was reported. Check this before making that claim: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/08/h...pecs-revealed/

However, this was reported back in February of a possible Type R CR-Z which would be sick. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/12/r...yo-motor-show/.
Sorry bud, was just reiterating the info I gathered a few months back.

I havnt looked into anything honda since because this car = fail.

Fail enough that there is no replacement for the s2000
Old 12-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #45
YourFearlessLeader
Team ScioNRG President

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
dude chill out, this is the internetZ, nothing said on this forum is actually going to affect your life.

If you cant handle a light attitude, and some sarcastic flavor, then either don't fuel the fire by comment on it, or just dont post here.

I personally thought the post was funny. Just relax and take whatever you read with a grain of salt.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #46
RegisBou

Well I just hate it when people do that. Sorry I dont appreciate douche like behavior.

Grains of salt will be taken from now on...
Old 12-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #47
S2KtoFT86
Resident Post Whore

Drives: 2022 WR BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisBou View Post
Well I just hate it when people do that. Sorry I dont appreciate douche like behavior.

Grains of salt will be taken from now on...
I suppose I could have said things in a nicer way so I apologize for that. That was my fanboi side coming out I guess.

S2KtoFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #48
RegisBou

Ohh you'r good man.

It was the other quote i had that I flipped out on haha.

But why is honda doing this?!!@! they are ruining their image/brand
Old 12-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #49
S2KtoFT86
Resident Post Whore

Quote:
Ohh you'r good man.

It was the other quote i had that I flipped out on haha.

The S2000 saw a very sharp decline in sales from the 2006MY until the final 2008 MY. This was mainly due to the fact that Honda never did anything to overhaul the car. They did some minor cosmetic changes and for 2004 increased the displacement to 2.2L from 2.0L and changed the redline from 9k to 8k. The 04-08's have a little more low end torque than the 00-03's. So in essence, the car stayed the same from 1999 to 2009.

The NSX I think fell into that same kind of thinking before the S. It started with a 3.0L in 1990 and in 1998 they gave it a 3.2L but didn't really change anything other than that. Sure that gave it more power but it didn't reinvent the car like it needed to be, in order to increase sales. The NSX was/is the poor man's supercar. There are a few iterations of the NSX too but that's a different thread. I'd give my left nut for a NSX-R though. That is one hell of a machine.

As I think Matador said, Honda traded in their nuts, which is unfortunately true right now. Hopefully with the slew of performance coupes coming out in the next few years, Honda will take their nuts back and start back up with their RWD program.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #50
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I'm actually very surprised you didn't just bold the S2000 owners part.
I bolded everyone he listed that wasn't a fan of a Toyota car.

Its a joke anyways....partly.

SK2 guys, the ones I've met anyways, are typically pretty cool. They love the S2K for many of the same reasons I love my AE86, which puts us in the same enthusiast bracket.

Miata owners are so full of themselves sometimes, because of its SCCA dominance, sales numbers, and the fact that the car looks like a susy blondey car so they gotta beef up there chest and pound on it to compensate.

Impreza owners and so varied...you have cool ones and then you have the yokles that act like a bad acting crew mimicing the fast and the furious.
Toyota fans weren't typically like that, until the Mk4 Supra came to popularity. I remember when I had my Mk3 and ran into a mk4 owner at a local Sonic. I tried talking to him, but all he said was "Oh, you got a Supra? Yeah, one of the slow ones." Effin bandwagoners.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #51
S2KtoFT86
Resident Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
I bolded everyone he listed that wasn't a fan of a Toyota car.

Its a joke anyways....partly.

SK2 guys, the ones I've met anyways, are typically pretty cool. They love the S2K for many of the same reasons I love my AE86, which puts us in the same enthusiast bracket.

Miata owners are so full of themselves sometimes, because of its SCCA dominance, sales numbers, and the fact that the car looks like a susy blondey car so they gotta beef up there chest and pound on it to compensate.

Impreza owners and so varied...you have cool ones and then you have the yokles that act like a bad acting crew mimicing the fast and the furious.
Toyota fans weren't typically like that, until the Mk4 Supra came to popularity. I remember when I had my Mk3 and ran into a mk4 owner at a local Sonic. I tried talking to him, but all he said was "Oh, you got a Supra? Yeah, one of the slow ones." Effin bandwagoners.
Yeah, those owners that you speak of and some S owners are not what I would consider true enthusiasts anyway, so I just usually laugh at them.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:44 AM   #52
White Comet
Resident Skeptic

Drives: '04 WRX
Quote:
We all have our pet peeves.

I can't stand unfounded b.s. information being spread around like so much peanut butter.
Quote:
They don't care about us. Plain and simple. Too bad, too. I predict they'll eventually pull a "Toyota" and try and lure the enthusiasts back, though it might not happen for another 10-15 years or so...
White Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:16 AM   #53
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
Supra owners are pretty cool, it's just the third/fourth hand teenage early 20's douche bags who saw F&F when the where 12-15 that act like that. Give the rest a bad name.

It is a running joke that the MkIII gets ragged on and it's balls busted a lot though

Pity Toyota never gave you guys the MkIII.5 JZA70. Awesome stuff. Blame Toyota.

Quote:
As I think Matador said, Honda traded in their nuts, which is unfortunately true right now. Hopefully with the slew of performance coupes coming out in the next few years, Honda will take their nuts back and start back up with their RWD program.
RWD just never was Honda's thing and I don't expect to ever see that change.

That being said, Check this out.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #54
Kenji

Drives: RX8
Quote:
I just hope that with a rebirth of some japanese sports cars that there's enough demand to spread around or else we're gonna end up with another mid-late 90's extinction of a whole bunch of japanese sports cars at once. Some of that of course was cause cars like the 300zx and RX-7 weren't exactly cheap so hopefully an affordable sports coupe like the FT86 will be a better seller.
Kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #55
S2KtoFT86
Resident Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post

RWD just never was Honda's thing and I don't expect to ever see that change.

That being said, Check this out.
The S2000 and NSX are incredible RWD cars and some of the best available. That is mere opinion but when the S came out, it was unmatched with what it offered.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #56
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Quote:
The S2000 and NSX are incredible RWD cars and some of the best available. That is mere opinion but when the S came out, it was unmatched with what it offered.

Never said that they weren't incredible cars, just that they are they exception rather than the rule in Honda's lineup.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote