follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List

Old 03-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #1
Daedex
That One Guy

Drives: White 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone have a perrin 2.5" res w/ uel headers?

Looking to see if i can't meet up with someone in the valley that has a perrin 2.5" resonated with UEL headers (either catted or catless).

Basically I am trying to settle on getting headers for the car, and currently i just have the perrin 2.5r, but i love love love the sound the car has right now. Since its a DD I want to keep it as close to this tone and sound level as possible, and judging by YouTube sound clips of UEL header, i dont care for the sound much and perceived volume.

With that said, I know it is very difficult to get an accurate sound representation from videos and youtube, so I was hoping i could meet with someone and just hear it out in person.

Id be willing to pay for gas and food.

Cheers!
Old 04-03-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
Token11b

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I have a 13 with gruppe s uel uncharted headers and 3" Perrin exhaust. Willing to meet up if you want. Running 1 cat and just about 3" all the way to the rear.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
amaciose

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedex View Post
Looking to see if i can't meet up with someone in the valley that has a perrin 2.5" resonated with UEL headers (either catted or catless).

Basically I am trying to settle on getting headers for the car, and currently i just have the perrin 2.5r, but i love love love the sound the car has right now. Since its a DD I want to keep it as close to this tone and sound level as possible, and judging by YouTube sound clips of UEL header, i dont care for the sound much and perceived volume.

With that said, I know it is very difficult to get an accurate sound representation from videos and youtube, so I was hoping i could meet with someone and just hear it out in person.

Id be willing to pay for gas and food.

Cheers!
I've got that exact setup. For the past two years I've had just the Perrin 2.5" res CBE, but last weekend installed the OFH and an Invidia OP. Keeping the front pipe stock for sound reasons because it's my DD. LOVE the new sound and the car feels MUCH quicker 3-5k RPM.

I'm in Tucson but visit Gilbert twice a month or so because my gf lives there. Let me know if you want to check it out!
amaciose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
Daedex
That One Guy

Drives: White 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaciose View Post
I've got that exact setup. For the past two years I've had just the Perrin 2.5" res CBE, but last weekend installed the OFH and an Invidia OP. Keeping the front pipe stock for sound reasons because it's my DD. LOVE the new sound and the car feels MUCH quicker 3-5k RPM.

I'm in Tucson but visit Gilbert twice a month or so because my gf lives there. Let me know if you want to check it out!
Hey I would love to! Thanks for responding!