follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-21-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
Flukester

Drives: 2019 BRZ - Raiu
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[CalID ZA1JS10C] - USDM MY2019 BRZ 6MT, searching for part number for spare ECU

TL/DR: Looking for the part number to purchase a used (spare) ECU for my (Canadian) USDM 2019 BRZ 6MT (Red Manifold). I have Tactrix OP2.0 cable.

(sorry for the long post)

Hi everyone!

I have a (Canadian) 2019 BRZ, Raiu Edition (it's pretty much equivalent to the Series.Gray in the USA). It has the funky paint color (Cool Gray Khaki), 6MT transmission, 4.30:1 final drive, Sachs suspension and Brembo brakes. Red Manifold.

I have recently purchased a (genuine) Tactrix OP 2.0 cable and have read my stock ROM. Cal ID is ZA1JS10C. The car has never been flashed (except *maybe* by the dealer prior to delivery) so I know this is a 100% stock ROM.

I have been looking at various threads here and on romraider.com and would like to start disassembling the ROM to prepare definition files and find RAM addresses for logging. I haven't done assembly language and microcontrollers in many years..

There does not seem to be a lot of information about the ZA1JS10C ROM yet.

The OFT guys have published their 4.03 OTS ROM for this Cal ID but it looks like it's a hacked CalID ROM (based on ZA1JK00G as far as I know).

Before I start messing with my car and my ECU too much, I was hoping to purchase a used ECU for some bench testing.

Would anyone happen to know what part number(s) I can search for to make sure I get something that is compatible (at the hardware level at least) with my 2019 6MT BRZ?

Am I limited to 2017+ ECUs?

Am I limited to ECUs from 6MT cars?

Or does it not matter since I have the Tactrix OP2 and could reflash an ECU from an AT car with my stock (6MT) ROM image?

So far, the used parts I have found (eBay), where the description clearly indicates "engine ECU" have the following part numbers:
- 22765AK030 (6MT)
- 22765AK040 (possibly AT, not sure)

Both are listed as 2017.

There are a lot of older ECUs for sale but they have a different part numbers. This leads me to believe there is a hardware change for 2017+, at least for the Red Manifold cars..

Any ideas, suggestions, comments?

Thanks!
Mr.Fluke
Flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:43 PM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
AFAIK all the ecu hardware is same even auto to manual. Just buy a second hand ecu and flash it with a compatable ecu calibration like you original or K00G. No need to change vin. Just swap it in as per my ecu swap proceedure
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:47 PM   #3
steve99
Banned

Note that with the newer roms not only table locations changed but also the actual logic changes. Their are extra timing and fueling tables in say the N10C roms compared to the simpler older lgic K00G.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
Flukester

Drives: 2019 BRZ - Raiu
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thank you, @steve99 !

I have ordered a second hand ECU (listed as a 2017 BRZ 6MT engine ECM). I will probably try to make myself a bench test setup first. I'll open another thread (maybe in a different subforum) for that. I did see your other thread about swapping ECUs so if/when it's time, I'll know what to do..

At the moment, I'm more interested in trying to find RAM addresses to log my stock S10D using the SD card function of the OP2.0. We'll see. Interesting info about the newer ROMs having a more complex logic and more tables though, thanks.

Thanks again!
Mr.Fluke
Flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:06 PM   #5
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukester View Post
Thank you, @steve99 !

I have ordered a second hand ECU (listed as a 2017 BRZ 6MT engine ECM). I will probably try to make myself a bench test setup first. I'll open another thread (maybe in a different subforum) for that. I did see your other thread about swapping ECUs so if/when it's time, I'll know what to do..

At the moment, I'm more interested in trying to find RAM addresses to log my stock S10D using the SD card function of the OP2.0. We'll see. Interesting info about the newer ROMs having a more complex logic and more tables though, thanks.

Thanks again!
Mr.Fluke

Messaged you about ecu connections on bench