follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-27-2019, 06:09 AM   #1
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Xero Limit - Tune & Flex Fuel Updates!

Back as a sponsor here last year, and glad that we can continue to support the 86 community.

Firstly a few updates--many have known me over the years as "Mike from Moto East." We started to service BRZ/FR-S models in 2013, and have continued to support them with parts and tuning since. In 2017 I took some time to rework how we do business, we had a very busy shop booked several months out. Despite hiring some really great employees and customers, family commitments combined with the everyday operations were quite a significant time draw--which kept the tuning response times less than ideal. While it was an absolute blast, some decisions had to be made. Xero Limit Inc. was then established in early 2018 and we are a new company going forward, with a bigger focus on tuning, parts, and wholesale.

This also gave us some time to purchase a new shop car, the build thread can be found here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133475

Our flex fuel kits continue to be a good seller and we've made some updates to it recently. You can now order them with a pressure sample port fitting should you want to build in a fuel pressure fail-safe or gauge. These are available as an option on the flex fuel order pages as installed in the kit, or separately as well. We are also using the newest/most compact sensor on these kits as well, and the fittings are the most reliable screw type. These are more secure than the plastic clips. The rear o2 kits will soon be updated to work on the 2017+ models as well, the evap version works on all years. We are continuing to use the Zeitronix electronics in our kits. While we can go a bit cheaper with some of the arduino based modules, the reliability we have had with the Zeitronix hardware has been outstanding.

Tuning wise I am happy to say that our turnaround times are significantly better these days. Most tunes are delivered within a day or two once we get all of your info, and revisions are usually not left unanswered for more than a day or two at worst. Often times we send out several revisions in one day as long as the customer can provide the logs quickly. In addition to dyno tuning, we also do remote tuning appointments where if you have a day off, we can set aside some time to get things going quickly. We have implemented the latest RaceROM patches on the current tunes as well, this allows even more functionality. One thing we learned when building motors over the years is the FA20 just does not tolerate oil pressure issues. To try and save the motor, what we are doing now is an oil pressure failsafe map. Using a pressure transducer and harness we are able to monitor oil pressure using the EcuTek Bluetooth EcuConnect device, we then create custom maps for minimum oil pressure. Should it fall below the threshold then we can either cut power or entirely disable the engine. The former is safer for your car, the latter is safer for your engine. But should there be a momentary lapse in oil pressure from high g cornering, it won't be an instant death sentence anymore for that FA20. You'll have some warning signs. Monitoring with oil pressure gauges is fine and good for seeing trends, but this is an active measure that will tell you there's an issue before the puddle and subsequent oil fire we experienced in 2016!

Also, all EcuTek kits offered are now the bluetooth kits. These are really awesome and user friendly, you can now view/log flex fuel percentage and oil/fuel pressure using the app.

So that is all for now, we're going to use this thread to keep some updates going, we expect some really exciting things for 2019! Also make sure to keep an eye out on the build thread, that will serve as a platform where we are testing things out that we learned over the years. In the coming months it is getting a full turbo kit, getting pushed to 500+ whp, and then going on a road course to see how long we can make it survive!
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
BirdTRD (04-27-2019), Chimera (04-29-2019), Fred E (04-29-2019), JonAvalon (04-28-2019), Mykii (11-10-2020), tomm.brz (04-27-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 02:26 AM   #2
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,004 Times in 1,452 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Looking forward to doing my tuning with you Mike. Supercharger with Flex fuel kit goes on Monday and Tuesday. Hope to have my first log to you by Wednesday
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
Xero-Limit (05-07-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 03:57 AM   #3
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,059 Times in 769 Posts
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Does the pressure sensor go where the stock pressure sensor is? in replace of it?
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:06 AM   #4
Fred E

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
Does the pressure sensor go where the stock pressure sensor is? in replace of it?
No, it wouldn't be able to replace the factory sensor and would likely go in the oil galley plug on the top of the block between the AC compressor and the throttle body. It could also be used with many of those aftermarket sandwich plates that have sensor plugs such as the Jackson Racing or Greddy plates.

This thread has more information: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125350
Fred E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:08 AM   #5
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,059 Times in 769 Posts
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Why not? other people removed stock sensor and left the cable disconnected and they didn't even get a CEL
anyway, i found out my HKS oil cooler sandwich, has already 2 bungs, i'll put the sensor there
I'm converting my tune to SD so that i connect the pressure sensor to the maf input... the CPC looks too annoying to connect to.
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
Xero-Limit

A quick status update as we enter the fall. We took a break this summer for a couple of weeks and came back to 100+ emails despite fielding a few while on vacation. We are all caught up and back to a normal schedule. Also we are back to offering travel services. That means if you're doing a big build and need dyno tuning done locally, we can come out to you.

Flex fuel kit production is ramping back up and we expect to have no more than a day or two lead time, with same day shipping on most orders (special order displays/colors excluded).

Tune delivery times are something we have also worked to reduce lately, currently we have been averaging less than 24 hours from order to delivery once we are provided the needed info!

Also we just did another big buy of EcuTek kits, we're offering an additional discount for all of our products, EcuTek branded items, and some other ones as well using code "FALL2019".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
Fred E (09-09-2019), PulsarBeeerz (09-07-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 02:57 AM   #7
ojuniour

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2017
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I see you have ecuTek bluetooth/dongle/licence and tune for 750.
Can you be more specific on what kind of tune(s) that applies to the order?
Like for example, if if I want flex fuel tune. But customized differently so I can have 4 custom mapped..like launch control, backfire..and etc..
Can you clarify please? Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
ojuniour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:01 AM   #8
ojuniour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero-Limit View Post
A quick status update as we enter the fall. We took a break this summer for a couple of weeks and came back to 100+ emails despite fielding a few while on vacation. We are all caught up and back to a normal schedule. Also we are back to offering travel services. That means if you're doing a big build and need dyno tuning done locally, we can come out to you.

Flex fuel kit production is ramping back up and we expect to have no more than a day or two lead time, with same day shipping on most orders (special order displays/colors excluded).

Tune delivery times are something we have also worked to reduce lately, currently we have been averaging less than 24 hours from order to delivery once we are provided the needed info!

Also we just did another big buy of EcuTek kits, we're offering an additional discount for all of our products, EcuTek branded items, and some other ones as well using code "FALL2019".
Oh and your "fall2019" isn't working. Has it expired? Any new discount codes?

Old 11-20-2019, 03:48 AM   #9
kev0

Drives: '14
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojuniour View Post
Oh and your "fall2019" isn't working. Has it expired? Any new discount codes?

That coupon was posted almost 3 months ago. I'm pretty sure it expired.
kev0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #10
Xero-Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojuniour View Post
I see you have ecuTek bluetooth/dongle/licence and tune for 750.
Can you be more specific on what kind of tune(s) that applies to the order?
Like for example, if if I want flex fuel tune. But customized differently so I can have 4 custom mapped..like launch control, backfire..and etc..
Can you clarify please? Thanks

Hey there. Take a look at: https://www.xero-limit.com/configurator-ft86.html for all the options. They are all included at no extra charge. You can do the configurator when you submit your order. We went ahead and extended the coupon code through thanksgiving weekend!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
ojuniour (11-20-2019), phm14 (05-16-2020)
Old 11-20-2019, 08:44 AM   #11
ojuniour

Quote:
Hey there. Take a look at: https://www.xero-limit.com/configurator-ft86.html for all the options. They are all included at no extra charge. You can do the configurator when you submit your order. We went ahead and extended the coupon code through thanksgiving weekend!
What does "E85 (not flex fuel only)" option means exactly if you already have a flex fuel option checked? And since I have an automatic it seems pretty much most of the mapping options won't work (maybe except for the pop/partymode/backfire). Can I include options like disabling cold start warmups (since I have a catless header hence no cat to heat up) and I don't want to be an asshole to my neighbors? Or perhaps they are already taken into consideration based on the 'modification list' ?

Old 11-20-2019, 08:57 AM   #12
Xero-Limit

That's for those who want an e85 map without using a flex fuel kit. We can add the compensations via mapswitch as well. Not as good as flex as it won't be precise, but particularly for NA vehicles, it works pretty well.

Quieter cold start we can do by request, simply send an email when you order and we can make those changes.

With AT's you don't need rev matching/ffs/launch control, but you can do modes for the custom TC, party mode, fuel, boost control, and a few other options that vary based on setup.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:17 AM   #13
ojuniour

Quote:
That's for those who want an e85 map without using a flex fuel kit. We can add the compensations via mapswitch as well. Not as good as flex as it won't be precise, but particularly for NA vehicles, it works pretty well.

Quieter cold start we can do by request, simply send an email when you order and we can make those changes.

With AT's you don't need rev matching/ffs/launch control, but you can do modes for the custom TC, party mode, fuel, boost control, and a few other options that vary based on setup.
Is your tune tuned (by default) for flex sensor voltage [0 - 5v] or [.5 - 4.5v] evap?