follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #8191
JimmyMac

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2016 Miata Club
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I wondered the same, but MotoEast lists them in stock. Give them a call maybe?
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #8192
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
I wondered the same, but MotoEast lists them in stock. Give them a call maybe?
Will have to double check, not aware of it being discontinued.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
JimmyMac (07-21-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #8193
NIKOLA

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Regarding the Sprintex SC; I think only the non-intercooled kit is being discontinued. However, that's just a guess. One would have to verify the facts with Sprintex directly which I did not do.

Anyway, now for the reason I'm actually here for..... I was thinking of going to the 70mm pulley from the 75mm. I'm running E85 only and have no heat exchanger. From what I understand from Moto-East is that if you are running E85 a heat exchanger really doesn't do anything for you if anything at all since the alcohol itself is a great coolant and does the job of cooling very well. Okay, fine.

However, I've also been told that if I want to go to the 70mm pulley I will have to get new set of injectors. Also, fine. However, which injectors do I need to change out? We have the direct injectors and the port injectors. Which set do I have to change out or do I change out both sets?

Please share the knowledge.....
Currently driving a Sprintex Supercharged FR-S in Ultramarine with an Invidia N1 Catback with Catless Front Pipe, Invidia Over Pipe, Injen Catless 4:1 EL Headers, Perrin Aluminum Drive Pulley & Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft. Also, looking to upgrade wheels someday to Enkei PF01's (17x8's).

Last edited by NIKOLA; 08-26-2018 at 07:19 PM.
NIKOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #8194
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKOLA View Post
However, which injectors do I need to change out? We have the direct injectors and the port injectors. Which set do I have to change out or do I change out both sets?
I don't think there are any other DIs that fit. So in answer, just the ports.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
NIKOLA (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 08:24 PM   #8195
sroby

Drives: 2015 Firestorm 08/05/15
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Nikola, when I started on my venture with the sprintex, I got great advice from Steve99, and Kodename47.
There are 585 pages, on this particular subject. Take your time as I did, read all pages. And take notes, I read it twice. And had about 4 pages of notes. Most of whatever you are thinking is in the messages. If you get stuck on some particulars questions. There are a good group of individuals here to help. They do indeed still make the kits for our platform.
Do a google search and check out the YouTube’s from Art in Australia. They are dated but still good info and will answer some good questions that you might have as well by watching them.
Hope this helps partner. Good luck. Best regards Steve
sroby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sroby For This Useful Post:
NIKOLA (08-27-2018), riboyster (08-27-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 06:37 PM   #8196
BRZ_F

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
MAP sensor harness

HI all. I just purchased a used 210 intercooled kit (one of the early production models without the oil sight glass) and the MAP sensor extension harness is missing. Is this item necessary? I have a 2013 BRZ.

Version 1 of the Sprintex manual shows that it is only needed for right hand drive models (mine is left hand drive). But then the later versions of their manuals just say to use the extension harness.
BRZ_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #8197
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I think it was needed for me but I installed it 2 years ago so I might be misremembering
Old 09-10-2018, 12:32 PM   #8198
BRZ_F

I finished install of an intercooled s-210 kit on my 2013 BRZ but it was extremely tough to get the belt on. It is running the stock 70mm idler pulley and 75mm sc pulley and I used the stock belt Gates K061015. My tensioner is almost at the max point. Is this normal/okay?
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #8199
sroby

Drives: 2015 Firestorm 08/05/15
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Frank, that’s the correct belt I just double checked mine that is the one. And yes with the 70 mm supercharger pulley. The tensioner is almost maxed out.
I keep a spare in my trunk with a 14 mm socket and long pry bar. I noticed you were using a ratchet with extension. Get yourself a 15 to 16 inch pry bar from somebody like Harbor freight I think with a coupon it was labout 10.00. It’s china branded but for tensioner pulley with a 14 mm deep well socket it will be fine. This way if you ever throw a blower belt you are not stranded.
With my set up I have never thrown a belt I know in the beginning some were having issues. I never have. Just makes sure your belt is aligned perfectly and you will be all set.

As a side note whataboutbob gave me the info on the idler pulley that came with the kit. It’s plastic and will make noises and the bearing isn’t the best.
You will won’t to invest in the Nu Line pulley EP075. It’s 70 mm. It’s all steel with an SnR bearing. And high temp bearing seal. They are manufactured from Dayco. I think they are factory pulley on the Holden cars in Australia. You can’t find them in the Us. Even though it’s an Ohio USA company and manufactured here its a USA export part only. I verified with Dayco. Keep in mind that was 2 yrs ago.
I found the seller on EBay. Took a couple of weeks to get. I believe I paid 60.00 with shipping.
With that, I don’t have belt squeals any idler pulley chatter Might be a good investment for you moving forward.
sroby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sroby For This Useful Post:
BRZ_F (09-11-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #8200
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Removing/ installing my 72mm pulley is cake. I think the difference is as sroby said. I have a 2ft long breaker bar I use for the tensioner. You'll find that with tons of leverage, the job is much easier
Old 09-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #8201
BRZ_F

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroby View Post
Frank, that’s the correct belt I just double checked mine that is the one. And yes with the 70 mm supercharger pulley. The tensioner is almost maxed out.
I keep a spare in my trunk with a 14 mm socket and long pry bar. I noticed you were using a ratchet with extension. Get yourself a 15 to 16 inch pry bar from somebody like Harbor freight I think with a coupon it was labout 10.00. It’s china branded but for tensioner pulley with a 14 mm deep well socket it will be fine. This way if you ever throw a blower belt you are not stranded.
With my set up I have never thrown a belt I know in the beginning some were having issues. I never have. Just makes sure your belt is aligned perfectly and you will be all set.

As a side note whataboutbob gave me the info on the idler pulley that came with the kit. It’s plastic and will make noises and the bearing isn’t the best.
You will won’t to invest in the Nu Line pulley EP075. It’s 70 mm. It’s all steel with an SnR bearing. And high temp bearing seal. They are manufactured from Dayco. I think they are factory pulley on the Holden cars in Australia. You can’t find them in the Us. Even though it’s an Ohio USA company and manufactured here its a USA export part only. I verified with Dayco. Keep in mind that was 2 yrs ago.
I found the seller on EBay. Took a couple of weeks to get. I believe I paid 60.00 with shipping.
With that, I don’t have belt squeals any idler pulley chatter Might be a good investment for you moving forward.
Okay great! Thanks Steven, good tips. I'm definitely keeping a spare belt and a breaker bar in the trunk to swap in case the belt ever snaps!
Old 09-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #8202
Setgo

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
Garage
If you guys are looking for a sprintex kit, give bahn Brenner a call. They are a licenses distributor of the Sprintex/Innovate. I called them up asking for some custom parts since my kit was missing them, and they helped me out more than Sprintex themselves. Sprintex said we can only sell such and such, and Bahn Brenner said We can essentially make anything happen. So there you go! They also carry all the pulleys and can make pulleys for the SC because they sell mini cooper SC's which also use the four bolt style. Check em out! bahnbrenner.com
Setgo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Setgo For This Useful Post:
sroby (09-13-2018), Trueweltall (11-28-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #8203
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setgo View Post
If you guys are looking for a sprintex kit, give bahn Brenner a call. They are a licenses distributor of the Sprintex/Innovate. I called them up asking for some custom parts since my kit was missing them, and they helped me out more than Sprintex themselves. Sprintex said we can only sell such and such, and Bahn Brenner said We can essentially make anything happen. So there you go! They also carry all the pulleys and can make pulleys for the SC because they sell mini cooper SC's which also use the four bolt style. Check em out! bahnbrenner.com
Now that’s service.

My local guy has been great for me too.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:51 AM   #8204
Gustavo2nd

Drives: black frs 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Do you guys track with this kit? I'm currently looking up how to fix the heat soak issue i really want this kit for the sound no other sc comes close
Gustavo2nd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.