follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AFRICA

User Tag List

Old 07-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
Rommies

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kit sounds awesome man!

Really worth it in my opinion. Doubles the power output and fuel consumption is still good.

The low down torque is much better....you can actually go over bumps in 2nd gear without any hassle.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #16
Rommies

So a quick update...MD86 ordered some 18" Rota Grid 8.5J 5x100mm Offset ET44 Wheels in gun metal.

It will be arriving at the end of the month.

Here is a picture.

We would like to fit a 245/30/18 tyre at the back and 235/30/18 tyre up front just for better all round grip and control.

We came across a special of 225/35/18 Bridgestone Potenzas S001 for R1750 incl. VAT per tyre , but we don't really want a stretch look as the wheels are 8.5J and 245 tyres are recommended.

This should really change the look of the car in a nice way! Hoping for a typical aggressive JDM look.

MD86 also had the TRD spoiler fitted.

We are also in the market for big brake upgrade, then most probably some suspension and then fitting power flex bushes all round?! I'm not too sure about this but I'll keep you guys posted.

After MD86 has done some 20 000km ...it will most probably go back to RGM for some more fine tuning!!

Damn guys...I'm really excited about this project and I just love it to be involved in all of this.

Oh btw...the car was shown on TV Saturday/Sunday on DSTV Channel 189 - Ignition TV: Petrol heads, where Rob had an interview while MD86's car was in the background getting the S/C kit fitted!
I actually hoped for a proper 0-100km/h time....100-0km/h time...1/4mile time and finally 1km sprint times! Like a proper review...but blegh* it didn't happen lol

I'll be busy with my Supra/ G6 GTi modifications in the meanwhile!

All in all....This 86 is coming along nicely!!!
Stay tuned

Last edited by Rommies; 07-22-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Rommies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rommies For This Useful Post:
GeeTee86 (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 03:15 AM   #17
TheGooseman

Drives: Toyota Runx TRD
This is GREAT!

Thanx for the update Rommies... Congrats to you dad for having the ultimate 86...

Keep us posted on the rest of the mods...
TheGooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #18
Jacques Blom
Turbo 86

Drives: Toyota 86 Turbo
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Wait and see untill my Gready Turbo arrive.... 10 weeks to go!
Jacques Blom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #19
Rommies

Wheels has landed!!!

Old 08-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #20
Adam86

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommies View Post
Wheels has landed!!!

Narrows and Wides? 8.5j rim right? surprised you didnt have to roll the arches.
Adam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #21
GeeTee86
86 Nut

Drives: 86 Satin 6MT High
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sweet!
GeeTee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #22
TheGooseman

Drives: Toyota Runx TRD
Nice!!

Please add some pic's when they've been fitted on the car....
TheGooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #23
Rommies

Michelin pilot sport 3
225/40/R18 front
255/35/R18 back
Time for some eibach lowering springs and Big Brake kit
Old 01-10-2014, 03:53 AM   #24
BigBear

Drives: Ford Focus ST
Very Nice Rommies !
BigBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:54 AM   #25
BigBear

Drives: Ford Focus ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooseman View Post
Just got the official info back from Rob....

This is AWESOME....!!
It looks absolutely BRILLIANT....!!

And the power..... OH MY WORD...!!

See below for all the details:

RGMOTORSPORT SUPERCHARGED 210kW(280bhp) TOYOTA 86

The fun-to-drive car is back, and the Toyota 86 platform is the most exciting thing to come along in years! However, most people believe there is one thing missing... more power! With RGMotorsports legendary history of improved performance through efficient boost, the team of Engineers at RGM-Vortech have designed a kit that makes these great cars even more enjoyable to drive. Design, detail and execution exceed OEM standards for a look you will be excited to show off at the car show or the track.Boost your Toyota 86 to the next level of performance with the new centrifugal supercharging system from RGM-Vortech.

View of the 86 engine compartment with the RGMotorsport-Vortech Supercharged installation

System Features
• Gear-driven V-3 H67BC centrifugal supercharger, designed specifically for the FA20 Boxer engine.
• The V-3 features an internal oil reservoir. No connection between the oil pan and the compressor gear case is required; no oil line. Includes a remote fluid drain hose (attached to supercharger) that allows for simple
fluid changes without removing the supercharger from the vehicle.
• Technologically advanced, high-efficiency, 5-Axis machined billet impeller and high-diffusion housing developed in our SAE-J1723-compliant supercharger test cell.
• Stylized airbox and filter housing design allows for additional flow, while retaining the factory cold air ram intake. Quick release fasteners allow for simple access to filter for change/cleaning.
• Integrated air/air charge cooler configuration features all aluminum tube ducting and an oversized cooler core to provide maximum cooling with minimum pressure loss.
• Discharge duct connections utilize heat resistant silicon sleeves and premium quality stainless steel clamps.
• CNC machined billet mounting bracketry with black anodized finish for attractive and functional "factory-type" appearance and rigidity.
• Complete bolt-on system including all necessary belts, pulleys and reusable high-flow air filter.

RGM is proud to be releasing this joint supercharge venture into the South African market place, in January 2013.
Our kits will be available as follows :
RGM- Vortech supercharger kit, engine mapping is via Uni Q unichip .This installation includes our 6 months/20 000km warranty Cost R 75000.inc
RGM Techniflow 63mm stainless steel performance exhaust system (this system also eliminates the catalytic convertors ) This exhaust system does give you the option of using the OE tailpipes
Cost R 9950.inc
The performance gain expected 210Kw(40% plus gain) including our exhaust system

This image portrays the high quality of the kit with a view of the individual components.

http://WWW.RGMOTORSPORT.COM
http://www.youtube.com/user/RGMDonovan?feature=watch
RGMotorsport Supercharged Toyota 86

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx8xitKLSBA"]RGMotorsport Supercharged Toyota 86 - YouTube[/ame]

Quote:
RGMotorsport Supercharged Toyota 86 Install video!! Weve improved this Standard 147kw powered Toyota 86 to a Mind Blowing 220 kW 315 Nm Powered sports car! Top speed of 270.99 km/h and 0 - 100 in 6.2 seconds!! For more info email us on info@rgmotorsport.com or visit our website www.rgmotorsport.com!

Very Nice conversion just price 70k hectic but hopefully the Price=Quality as they claim...

Last edited by BigBear; 01-13-2014 at 08:34 AM.
BigBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:55 AM   #26
Rommies

Hey guys.
So it has been a long time since we had an update on the car.
Nothing much has changed modification wise but we did take her to our local track.

Every first Friday & Sunday of the month, Tarlton International Raceway, hosts an event called Street to Strip. (S2S for short) Remember...this is not a prepared track on this event.

This was my Dad's first time out to the track with his 86. He was definitely the better driver between us as I do not drive a manual car very often. (And now with the Supra sold...I only have my DSG GTi left)

Nonetheless...we went out to get some times with our RGM 86. I was hoping for low 14's but we could only manage high 14's and low 15's. Sometimes even 16's+ with a bad launch. We had about plus/minus 8 runs in total. Trying various techniques to get off the line better....but with the light weight rear end of the 86....we really struggled a lot to get of the line properly.
(Keep in mind this was with 255/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres at the back and 225/40/18 in the front)

The best time we managed (my Father) was 14.95 @ 156km/h.

The car definitely needs more power! But I guess it wasn't designed for straight line speed....

Anyway...here is a combined video with the runs:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg_sb88C0dc"]Toyota 86 Street to Strip Tarlton - YouTube[/ame]

Cherz Rommies out
Old 09-08-2014, 04:21 AM   #27
Die$eL

Drives: Toyota MR2 Spyder Turbo
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Nice Rommies
With the SC I would try launching from idle or like 1800rpm. You have power from low down so dont need to rev it much.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:35 AM   #28
Ryanrsa

Drives: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommies View Post
Hey guys.
So it has been a long time since we had an update on the car.
Nothing much has changed modification wise but we did take her to our local track.

Every first Friday & Sunday of the month, Tarlton International Raceway, hosts an event called Street to Strip. (S2S for short) Remember...this is not a prepared track on this event.

This was my Dad's first time out to the track with his 86. He was definitely the better driver between us as I do not drive a manual car very often. (And now with the Supra sold...I only have my DSG GTi left)

Nonetheless...we went out to get some times with our RGM 86. I was hoping for low 14's but we could only manage high 14's and low 15's. Sometimes even 16's+ with a bad launch. We had about plus/minus 8 runs in total. Trying various techniques to get off the line better....but with the light weight rear end of the 86....we really struggled a lot to get of the line properly.
(Keep in mind this was with 255/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres at the back and 225/40/18 in the front)

The best time we managed (my Father) was 14.95 @ 156km/h.

The car definitely needs more power! But I guess it wasn't designed for straight line speed....

Anyway...here is a combined video with the runs:

Cherz Rommies out
ive seen couple that run 11's. its the RGM conversion not the car.

0.5 boost is not that much...
Ryanrsa is offline   Reply With Quote