follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #71
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post
I hope you know that power is useless in a turn.
Thats completely false.

TOO much power is useless in a corner, maybe thats what you are trying to say?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
For autocross the WRX would have zero chance.
This. Its also why I want this car so much.

My Impreza was pretty quick autocrossing, but not that much fun. Any well ballanced RWD car could beat me easily, just because they can get around the tight corners quickly and efficiently.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #72
kayen

Drives: 2002 WRX w/ STi Spec C Swap
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kayen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
On the track, no. On a rough twisty mountain road, yes.
Your key word is rough, clearly the AWD will help a lot in that situation and depending on if there are lots of straights, uphills and how tight the turns are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree fingers View Post
This might be my Subaru bias coming in, but I agree. I would go further to say that, given two, equally skilled drivers, the WRX would win on certain tracks.
I agree on certain tracks, lots of straights on tracks the BRZ will have it's work cut out for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Actually, I think the WRX is all around faster car. The most obvious will be in a straight line, but the more traction from AWD and higher power will help it through a corner too. I like the BRZ a lot but I doubt it is faster than a WRX on the tracks.
A BRZ in the right hands will make you put your foot in your mouth. A WRX is sloppy compared to a even Miata, S2000, to name a couple and they have much less horsepower and will they will ruin lots of WRX's at a Track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
For autocross the WRX would have zero chance.

Gearing and weight of the BRZ would most likely make it faster on most track. My ~200hp car is faster than WRXs on Sebring and it's FWD (and a little lighter than the FR-S/BRZ) but I haven't driven them both so drivers varied.

I have driven a WRX back to back with a NB Miata on an autocross course with ~50 second run times. The WRX was about close to 3 seconds slower.
Dave-ROR you are spot on and you can tell you know what you are talking about.

---
Anyways guys All and all my responses are comparing Stock for Stock and a best estimated guess from what technical details are given.

Closed Thread