follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Old 06-06-2015, 11:49 PM   #26335
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Officially part of Team Lava! You all were right, it changes color from blinding orange to dark orange-brownish depending on lighting.

Head over to the Pics of Hot Lava thread in the Pictures subforum, I'll spam everything there

I'm just a bit stressed because I had to put a big downpayment or else would not be accepted into financing, but it brought my interest rate and monthly payments to a very manageable number. Such is life, everyone has to start somewhere!
The Twins make me smile
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
gramicci101 (06-07-2015), ichitaka05 (06-07-2015), Tcoat (06-07-2015), Teseo (06-07-2015), Ultramaroon (06-07-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 04:18 AM   #26336
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
...must sleep. But, dont wanna, why?

If my car wasn't white, I'd probably want it hot lava.

Just two random thoughts.

ohhh and aliens
Old 06-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #26337
cdrazic93
Junior

Drives: a car
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
There isnt a good mixed drink thread, or one that i liked. So ill post it here. A nice margarita to cool you off.

1 2/3 oz gold/silver tequila
1 oz grand mariner or tripple sec
1 1/2 oz lime juice (unsweetened)
1/2 oz simple syrup (add more or less depending on how sweet you like your margaritas)

You can always add in unsweetened lemonade as a filler, add ice and blend.

"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
Old 06-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #26338
babydriver
Hit the road and I'm gone

Drives: 2015 FR-S Burnt Orange (Hot Lava)
Thanked 1,786 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
Officially part of Team Lava!
Congrats! You have excellent taste in cars!

Which one did you end up buying, the one with 31 miles or one of the ones with 4 miles?
soulreapersteve (06-07-2015), Tcoat (06-07-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #26339
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Officially part of Team Lava! You all were right, it changes color from blinding orange to dark orange-brownish depending on lighting.

Head over to the Pics of Hot Lava thread in the Pictures subforum, I'll spam everything there

I'm just a bit stressed because I had to put a big downpayment or else would not be accepted into financing, but it brought my interest rate and monthly payments to a very manageable number. Such is life, everyone has to start somewhere!
congrats!

How much is your interest rate and how much you pay per month?
Old 06-07-2015, 09:46 PM   #26340
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
We're diagnosing a "push" on our 300zx whenever we shift into the next gear.
It'll be either the driveshaft u-joints, differential bushings, rear crossmember bushings or trail arm bushings.

Well fuck.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:10 PM   #26341
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

I lol'ed hard

http://www.thestatelyharold.com/#!A-...f219f1772c9214
Old 06-08-2015, 12:00 AM   #26342
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydriver View Post
Congrats! You have excellent taste in cars!

Which one did you end up buying, the one with 31 miles or one of the ones with 4 miles?
Thanks! 31 miles, I took everyone's answers to my original question into consideration and figured the low possibility of another person hooning a 2015 around for a test drive was quite low. Dealership is 15 minutes away so if anything does arise, its a short drive. I think the website info was a bit outdated.

Also, sales dude took it for a test drive himself day before. Bought it with 58 miles haha He was a laid back guy so I just brushed it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
congrats!

How much is your interest rate and how much you pay per month?
Originally, I was going 4k down and since I have no credit history, they were going to give me 16.5% at 583/month. My heart sank at those numbers.

But Toyota finance called up from headquarters and said they can only do up to 400/month because again, no history. So the finance guy worked as best he could and got me at 393/month at 8.5%. I did have to put 9k down though. My heart still sank but many people told me those are extremely good numbers considering my lack of credit history.
The Twins make me smile
Old 06-08-2015, 12:14 AM   #26343
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally, I was going 4k down and since I have no credit history, they were going to give me 16.5% at 583/month. My heart sank at those numbers.

But Toyota finance called up from headquarters and said they can only do up to 400/month because again, no history. So the finance guy worked as best he could and got me at 393/month at 8.5%. I did have to put 9k down though. My heart still sank but many people told me those are extremely good numbers considering my lack of credit history.
HOLYSHIT!!!!! Reading this, almost made me slip out of my chair!!!!

I only made $500 down payment w $432/month. I could of put $2k... but $1500 went into mods lol

Subaru was doing great interest rate on '13 & '14 model. '13 model was 0% interest up to 72 months and '14 model for 1.9% interest up to 72 months. They didn't have the color I wanted in '13 model, I went w '14 model... if only they had '13 model in red or grey, I could of got 0% interest... o'well

But I do have a great credit history. I had credit card since I was 16 and have been building it since then (now 31yo).

Prob yr or so later, you can re-finance to get lower interest rate.

also, looks like you're in Seattle area. If you gonna do some mods on your car, contact Bob at Drift-Office. He can help you out w un-bias and actual dyno facts. Also he's cool guy! He knows me too
Old 06-08-2015, 12:33 AM   #26344
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
HOLYSHIT!!!!! Reading this, almost made me slip out of my chair!!!!

I only made $500 down payment w $432/month. I could of put $2k... but $1500 went into mods lol

Subaru was doing great interest rate on '13 & '14 model. '13 model was 0% interest up to 72 months and '14 model for 1.9% interest up to 72 months. They didn't have the color I wanted in '13 model, I went w '14 model... if only they had '13 model in red or grey, I could of got 0% interest... o'well

But I do have a great credit history. I had credit card since I was 16 and have been building it since then (now 31yo).

Prob yr or so later, you can re-finance to get lower interest rate.

also, looks like you're in Seattle area. If you gonna do some mods on your car, contact Bob at Drift-Office. He can help you out w un-bias and actual dyno facts. Also he's cool guy! He knows me too

Yeah, I made a mistake of disregarding a credit card when I turned 18. I could've gotten 0.9% with a co-sign from parents but I wanted to do this all on my own. Also, if something were to happen in the future, their credit would not be affected. That was also why the finance guys went the further mile with the numbers given by Toyota HQ.

They told me straight up that 16% was effing ridiculous and they did not want to screw me over for a car, even if it's 86. Was damn surprised they said that up front. I felt like I got a good deal with all factors considered.

Thanks for the recommendation for Drift-Office, actually have them bookmarked for when that mod itch comes. I'm not doing any big mods until I pad my safety net again.
The Twins make me smile
The Following User Says Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 12:55 AM   #26345
babydriver
Hit the road and I'm gone

Drives: 2015 FR-S Burnt Orange (Hot Lava)
Thanked 1,786 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Thanks! 31 miles, I took everyone's answers to my original question into consideration and figured the low possibility of another person hooning a 2015 around for a test drive was quite low. Dealership is 15 minutes away so if anything does arise, its a short drive. I think the website info was a bit outdated.

Also, sales dude took it for a test drive himself day before. Bought it with 58 miles haha He was a laid back guy so I just brushed it off.

Yep, they are, but it will be a LOT better the next time as long as you make all your payments on time. It takes a while to build your credit rating.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:31 AM   #26346
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, I made a mistake of disregarding a credit card when I turned 18. I could've gotten 0.9% with a co-sign from parents but I wanted to do this all on my own. Also, if something were to happen in the future, their credit would not be affected. That was also why the finance guys went the further mile with the numbers given by Toyota HQ.

They told me straight up that 16% was effing ridiculous and they did not want to screw me over for a car, even if it's 86. Was damn surprised they said that up front. I felt like I got a good deal with all factors considered.

Thanks for the recommendation for Drift-Office, actually have them bookmarked for when that mod itch comes. I'm not doing any big mods until I pad my safety net again.
Smart, get used to stock form before doing any mods. From there you look into mods that fit your needs. Take ppl's opinion as grain of salt (including me lol) & don't go cheap parts. I'll say it again, DON'T GET CHEAP PARTS.

Lastly, this is your car & not others.

Now, let me welcome to the 86/BRZ world. Enjoy your stay
Old 06-08-2015, 01:43 AM   #26347
sdwagonjp

Drives: 2015 Fr-s Firestorm
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

So you know the best way for future parents. Although I'm 26 I have a decent job with the state and have good credit. Also I have no kids. But when you guys do have kids pull out a joint credit card for your kid and you and don't let him have it. Kid can build credit under your name as long as your is credit it good/ Thats what my parents did for my older brother. They must have forgotten to do that for me because I was there middle child lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to sdwagonjp For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #26348
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Thanks guys and/or gals (can never tell with the internet), this whole experience has been an eye opener - car buying that is.

With regards to owning the car itself, think it finally hit me last evening when I took my friend out for a cruise. Her words as I pulled up to her driveway: "Holy crap, car looks so much better in person! It's so damn sexy!"

Also, I took her to the local hidden twisty. I learned when the brake assist kicks in, scared the crap out of me. Felt the pedal move forward on it's own. Also power-slid around a recommended low speed hairpin.

Yup, I definitely chose the right car/platform as my first sports car.
The Twins make me smile
The Following User Says Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-08-2015)
Closed Thread

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?