follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

User Tag List

Old 08-26-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
sickmint79

Drives: bmw
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
autobahn south w gps track time sat 9/10 joliet il

at the moment this is my next/last planned event for the season. it should have a pretty good 86 crew as we have 9 confirmed going if not more. gps tt sent out a note last night and in nov/int/adv had at least 6 spots in each still available.

when: september 10th, saturday

track: autobahn south, probably my favorito, in joliet

track time: 7x20 min sessions = a pretty nice 140 minute total of track time. i suppose the shorter sessions will be a little nicer on the heat cooking things in your car.

cost: $243 for the day. add $20 for gps. i believe it is 10 hz data (most phones do 1 hz, or 5 hz w/gps antenna) pretty nice option - you get your data at the end of the day so you can check and compare your laps against yourself, your buds, try and figure out where you can go moar fastars, etc.

cost for additional driver: pretty neat option i have not seen before, but you can share a car (in your session) for $50. your $243 buys you 7 sessions, if you pay another $50 for a buddy, you are allowed to take turns splitting up those 7 with the co-driven car.

registration link: GPS Track Time, LLC | Autobahn S. Circuit

after: went out with some guys from bmw club that introduced us to Syl's Restaurant & Lounge Family Restaurant, Steak House | Joliet, IL which is a bit dated looking place but i've gone there a couple times now and the food was pretty good. $10-30+ for entree i've spent around $40 each time i've gone there. i'll pry try to get a chunk of people going for dinner after the track. shoot for 6/6:30

The Following User Says Thank You to sickmint79 For This Useful Post:
RJasonKlein (09-04-2016)