follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #4411
Unleashed

Drives: 13' WRX
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Thanks for the updated tune John! Look forward to buying a Flex Fuel kit and tune from you for my Innovative supercharger kit once I pick it up.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #4412
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Sounds good.

Updated Tunes have been sent out.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #4413
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
Sounds good.

Updated Tunes have been sent out.
What version are we up to now?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #4414
Jeong

Drives: pet dragon
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
My cars stock and plan on flashing my car once i get back from deployment which is late february. But some of my friends have told me not to flash until you upgrade at least intake or exhaust to keep from damaging the car. Is that true? I plan to get those basic parts with my deployment money but id have to wait a couple weeks for delivery so i was planning on flashing it before i got the parts.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #4415
cruzinbill

Drives: Argento 6spd FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeong View Post
My cars stock and plan on flashing my car once i get back from deployment which is late february. But some of my friends have told me not to flash until you upgrade at least intake or exhaust to keep from damaging the car. Is that true? I plan to get those basic parts with my deployment money but id have to wait a couple weeks for delivery so i was planning on flashing it before i got the parts.

You're fine doing a tune alone. They pretty much have it backwards. Even then its not going to damage anything, just wont be optimum. There really arent any big gains from any intakes tho, exhaust a bit. The biggest gains you will see is through a tune, even more if you go e85.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #4416
bluecollarfrs

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Can someone help me out right quick and try to run an Ecutek update? I'm trying to update and it is saying that it cannot connect. My internet connection is working fine, I just can't update Ecutek. I would like to verify if it is just my computer or if it is an Ecutek issue. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #4417
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarfrs View Post
Can someone help me out right quick and try to run an Ecutek update? I'm trying to update and it is saying that it cannot connect. My internet connection is working fine, I just can't update Ecutek. I would like to verify if it is just my computer or if it is an Ecutek issue. Thanks in advance!
Looks like it's down.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to Visconti For This Useful Post:
bluecollarfrs (01-05-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #4418
bluecollarfrs

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Thanks John!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #4419
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarfrs View Post
Looks like the ECUTek update server is down. I get the same problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Foobar For This Useful Post:
bluecollarfrs (01-05-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #4420
Saab2Frs

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post
This post makes me feel bad. I didn't pre order. I walked into a dealership and bought my 6MT BRZ Limited (for under sticker) off the showroom floor. Then, I was the first order for the tune + cable. Ended up getting that overnight (since Visconti is only 1 state away). Did have to wait a couple days for the first tune, though.

I guess I was very lucky
How did you get it for UNDER sticker? I bought the FRS because it was cheaper than the BRZs. No Subaru dealership was willing to talk numbers! Well, I also liked the white gauges more than the sickly red. The style is a toss up between the two. I like the BRZs flat nose, but not the mouthguard it's wearing.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #4421
ICEBONEZ

Drives: '13 WRB 6MT BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab2Frs View Post
How did you get it for UNDER sticker? I bought the FRS because it was cheaper than the BRZs. No Subaru dealership was willing to talk numbers! Well, I also liked the white gauges more than the sickly red. The style is a toss up between the two. I like the BRZs flat nose, but not the mouthguard it's wearing.
I was able to buy my new Ultramarine FR-S for under sticker. The deals are there if you find the right dealerships. The stealerships that inflate prices or don't budge isn't where I would want to go anyways. Regardless, make sure you get it tuned by @Visconti. He is absolutely the best tuner out there and stands by his work! Always willing to go the extra step to help out or handle any issues.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #4422
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab2Frs View Post
Not only did I get the car under sticker, but I got free parts (they were already installed; I didn't order them).

I'm brutal when it comes to negotiating. Let's face it, they want to make a sale as much as you want to buy a car. You're the one with the money, so you have the power. You have to convince them that you'll sign on the dotted line if the meet YOUR terms. Of course that doesn't mean you lowball and stick to it, you want to research and come up with a price that that's low, but not low enough to say you're not serious.

The kicker in my situation was after they agreed to my terms and I put a deposit, someone walked in and was willing to pay sticker for it (parts price included). The sales manager looked mildly annoyed.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #4423
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post
Not only did I get the car under sticker, but I got free parts (they were already installed; I didn't order them).

I'm brutal when it comes to negotiating. Let's face it, they want to make a sale as much as you want to buy a car. You're the one with the money, so you have the power. You have to convince them that you'll sign on the dotted line if the meet YOUR terms. Of course that doesn't mean you lowball and stick to it, you want to research and come up with a price that that's low, but not low enough to say you're not serious.

The kicker in my situation was after they agreed to my terms and I put a deposit, someone walked in and was willing to pay sticker for it (parts price included). The sales manager looked mildly annoyed.
It also helps to be in New England where most of the BRZ deliveries were being made, and most New Englanders interested in Subarus wanted AWD vehicles.

The rest of the country didn't have much room for negotiation, as there was no shortage of someone walking in willing to pay sticker (or more) for the car.

I ended up buying mine from New Hampshire, a 5 hour drive from me in NY, because everyone was snapping up the ones in NY and I wasn't willing to wait 10+ weeks for one when the New England dealers were getting them in every month or so.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #4424
KamalT

Drives: Pearl 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Can someone please recommend air filter to go with with Visconti tune.

Closed Thread